Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Marijuana Legalization.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana Legalization.

It appears that Congress is getting some bills across that might actually pass.

I hope that hemp may be legalized.
    sigpic

So they're following in the footsteps of Canada, where the whole country's gone to pot.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Could you explain please?
      sigpic

Comment

Canada legalized marijuana just over a year ago. It has caused issues for police, the small town we live in has more cannabis stores than gas stations, and cannabis is NOT good for anybody.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Canada legalized marijuana just over a year ago. It has caused issues for police, the small town we live in has more cannabis stores than gas stations, and cannabis is NOT good for anybody.
          Eh, it appears to help with chronic pain without being incredibly addictive like some painkillers, and certain derivatives do help some conditions even without the active ingredient; CBD oil helps prevent seizures.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post

I don't.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Eh, it appears to help with chronic pain without being incredibly addictive like some painkillers, and certain derivatives do help some conditions even without the active ingredient; CBD oil helps prevent seizures.
              Not buying it. It causes more problems than it helps, imo. And the police are not happy about it. Had to get different sobriety tests and every community had to make new laws about smoking in public and it's just been a nightmare.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Hemp is already [federally] legal thanks to the Farm Bill.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                  Hemp is already [federally] legal thanks to the Farm Bill.
                  My Dad (b. 1904, d. 1980) farmed hemp. My Dad never missed an opportunity to tell a funny story - but never once did he tell one or make mention of those crops ending up as anything other than rope. I'm dubious that many of the modern strains which have been selected for THC content would make decent rope.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    My Dad (b. 1904, d. 1980) farmed hemp. My Dad never missed an opportunity to tell a funny story - but never once did he tell one or make mention of those crops ending up as anything other than rope. I'm dubious that many of the modern strains which have been selected for THC content would make decent rope.
                    My parents use CBD oil based cream for their pain. I know my mother has noted it significantly has helped with her fibromyalgia. My father, who has bad knees, has much less pain even if they still don't always work right. CBD oil, under the current scheme, must contain next to no THC. The hemp that is currently legal is not THC based either.

I currently live in a state that has fully legalized. My biggest complaint is that people still smoke (tobacco as well) outside the train station and the stuff gives me headaches.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post

From what I'm looking at they were talking about removing it from the list of Schedule 1 drugs rather than actually legalizing it. This would however allow states to legalize it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                        So they're following in the footsteps of Canada, where the whole country's gone to pot.
                        Going for the low hanging fruit is my job

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          Not buying it. It causes more problems than it helps, imo. And the police are not happy about it. Had to get different sobriety tests and every community had to make new laws about smoking in public and it's just been a nightmare.
                          Personally I think that currently the worst thing about marijuana are the laws.

Comment

Had to fix the title before me brudder saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                              My parents use CBD oil based cream for their pain. I know my mother has noted it significantly has helped with her fibromyalgia. My father, who has bad knees, has much less pain even if they still don't always work right. CBD oil, under the current scheme, must contain next to no THC. The hemp that is currently legal is not THC based either.

I currently live in a state that has fully legalized. My biggest complaint is that people still smoke (tobacco as well) outside the train station and the stuff gives me headaches.
                              But there's no reason that medical use must necessitate full legalization - which is just a new way of introducing costly, and occasionally deadly, issues. Similarly to hemp, strains maximized for THC may not be best for CBD.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment