Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Exactly. Maybe those of you on TWEB making hourly use of ad hominem as a substitute for argument cant quite see it, but Trump and the country itself has plenty to consider there. But by attacking them and their ethnicity, the real problem with thes congressman is completely lost and whatever negative response might exist to those policies is even reversed.

In this case, Trumps attacks on these congresswomen has given them a pass on their bad policies by shifting focus away from their bad policies and onto Trump's racism.

Jim
    I thoroughly disagree. The "squad" has drawn attention to themselves, and their popularity with independents is atrocious. If it comes down to Trump vs the "squad", Trump wins every time.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      He didn't attack their ethnicity.
      Yes, he did, and you are simply barking out nonsense because you know that's what he did and you don't have a leg to stand on.

Telling them to go back to where they came from and fix those same crime infested countries, when these are American citizens, is an attack on their ethnicity.

Or do you not understand what the word ethnicity means?

Ethnicity: the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Telling them to go back to where they came from and fix those same crime infested countries, when these are American citizens, is an attack on their ethnicity.
        No it's not.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No it's not.
          Denial is apparently all you have, snd so now you are just trolling. Clearly you will deny this as well (or not just to spite my prediction), either way, you have nothing of substance left to say.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            I thoroughly disagree. The "squad" has drawn attention to themselves, and their popularity with independents is atrocious. If it comes down to Trump vs the "squad", Trump wins every time.
            The thing is that Trumps remarks were racist and the words of a white nationalist authoritarian disdainer of democracy. In a democracy we don't tell people who dissent to leave the country.

Comment

Yes, he did, and you are simply barking out nonsense because you know that's what he did and you don't have a leg to stand on.

Or do you not understand what the word ethnicity means?

Ethnicity: the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.

Jim
              First ethnicity is not race, so it is not racist by your own definition. If Trump had said this about a US citizen of Russian heritage I doubt that you would have objected. Selective outrage.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• And to help put things in perspective, here is what the left is defending:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)

From the start, “AOC” used race in her campaign for Congress. As Politico noted in 2018, she challenged incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley (D-NY), who is white, on “ideological, generational and racial grounds, arguing that the 10-term congressman was not in step with his majority-minority district and was too cozy with corporate donors.”

AOC also has a record of controversial statements about Israel. She claimed, for example, that Israel had committed a “massacre” of Palestinian protesters at the border fence last year. The vast majority were actually members of Hamas, a terrorist organizations that was using the fake “protest” to launch infiltrations and violent attacks against Israel.

In recent weeks, AOC has shown even greater insensitivity to the Jewish community by comparing migrant facilities at the U.S.-Mexico border to “concentration camps.” Attorney Alan Dershowitz, a Democrat and Hillary Clinton supporter, called her claims a form of Holocaust denial. Despite criticism from the U.S. Holocaust Museum, Israel’s Yad Vashem, and others, AOC refused to apologize and rejected an invitation to visit actual concentration camp sites.

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN)

Omar has a long history of anti-Israel statements that have included antisemitic themes, such as suggesting that Jews control the world. In 2012, she tweeted: “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” Local Jewish community leaders in Minnesota staged an intervention before she took up her seat in Congress — to no avail; she continued making offensive anti-Israel and antisemitic statements.

In February, Omar tweeted, “It’s all about the Benjamins baby,” suggesting (falsely) that a pro-Israel group, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), bribed members of Congress to support Israel. The implication was that Jews were using money to control Congress. Omar apologized for that tweet, but went on, a few weeks later, to claim that pro-Israel members of Congress owed “allegiance to a foreign country.” The chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, a fellow Democrat, called her statement a “vile antisemitic slur,” but she refused to apologize.

In an effort to tamp down the controversy, House Democrats passed a resolution condemning antisemitism — but only among other forms of hatred, and without mentioning Omar specifically. After the resolution passed, Omar took a victory lap, claiming (falsely) that it marked the first time Congress had condemned anti-Muslim prejudice.

More recently, Omar has supported AOC’s inflammatory claim that the migrant facilities are “concentration camps.”

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI)

Tlaib believes that the State of Israel has no right to exist and should be dismantled — a stance that lost her the support of the far-left J Street organization, which likes to maintain the pretense of support for a two-state solution.

In January, Tlaib posted an antisemitic tweet, declaring that members of Congress who supported Israel “forgot what country they represent.” The American Jewish Committee accused her of using an antisemitic claim of “dual loyalty.”

In February, Tlaib called Housing and Urban Development official Lynne Patton, a black woman, a “prop” for appearing in the gallery during a hearing where members of Congress were debating whether Trump was racist.

In May, Tlaib made the bizarre statement that she felt “a calming feeling … when I think of the Holocaust.” She explained by making the false claim that Palestinians had offered Jews a “safe haven” from the Holocaust.

Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA)

On Sunday, just hours after the president posted his congressional tweets, Pressley told left-wing bloggers at Netroots Nation: “We don’t need any more black faces that don’t want to be a black voice.” She appeared to assume that the only legitimate “black voice” was leftist; black Americans with other views were legitimate targets of racial attack.

Pressley’s bio on her official House of Representatives website — not a personal or campaign page — implies that a white person cannot represent her congressional district: “The Massachusetts 7th is the most diverse and most unequal district in the state, requiring a representative whose experiences are reflective of the people,” it says.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-squad-so-far/

Of course when Trump reasonably points out how vile and anti-American these sentiments are, he's blasted as a racist.

Comment

He is allowed to criticize their policies. Heck, he's allowed, legally, to make racist remarks. But then, so are we allowed to criticize him for making them.

But to the point, had he stayed with criticising their policicies instead of attacking their ethnicity, we would be having a very different conversation.

Jim
                  It's an attack on them, not their ethnicity. Saying someone (who is obviously not loyal to America) is loyal to a foreign nation is not an "attack on ethnicity" except to idiots who hate thinking.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    First ethnicity is not race, so it is not racist by your own definition. If Trump had said this about a US citizen of Russian heritage I doubt that you would have objected. Selective outrage.
                    He didn't say it about 4 white Europeans though did he. That's not something that Trump does seer, but he does attack people of color all the time starting with his birtherism charade against Obama, which I'm sure you all defended as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      It's an attack on them, not their ethnicity. Saying someone (who is obviously not loyal to America) is loyal to a foreign nation is not an "attack on ethnicity" except to idiots who hate thinking.
                      Yeah, is that right? I haven't heard Trump attack any of the white members of congress, (telling them to go back to Europe) for having policy differences with him yet have you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Donald Trump sees his tweets as a laser pen, and the Democrats as cats.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38377[/ATTACH]
                        ooh an new meme in the making wish I could do one.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          Yeah, is that right? I haven't heard Trump attack any of the white members of congress, (telling them to go back to Europe) for having policy differences with him yet have you?
                          I haven't seen any white members of Congress say hateful things about Israel, Jewish people, or claiming that the US runs concentration camps, have you?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            I haven't heard Trump attack non-white members of congress for that either Jim, we can finish this conversation when you stop beating your wife.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

And to help put things in perspective, here is what the left is defending:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)

From the start, “AOC” used race in her campaign for Congress. As Politico noted in 2018, she challenged incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley (D-NY), who is white, on “ideological, generational and racial grounds, arguing that the 10-term congressman was not in step with his majority-minority district and was too cozy with corporate donors.”

AOC also has a record of controversial statements about Israel. She claimed, for example, that Israel had committed a “massacre” of Palestinian protesters at the border fence last year. The vast majority were actually members of Hamas, a terrorist organizations that was using the fake “protest” to launch infiltrations and violent attacks against Israel.

In recent weeks, AOC has shown even greater insensitivity to the Jewish community by comparing migrant facilities at the U.S.-Mexico border to “concentration camps.” Attorney Alan Dershowitz, a Democrat and Hillary Clinton supporter, called her claims a form of Holocaust denial. Despite criticism from the U.S. Holocaust Museum, Israel’s Yad Vashem, and others, AOC refused to apologize and rejected an invitation to visit actual concentration camp sites.

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN)

Omar has a long history of anti-Israel statements that have included antisemitic themes, such as suggesting that Jews control the world. In 2012, she tweeted: “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” Local Jewish community leaders in Minnesota staged an intervention before she took up her seat in Congress — to no avail; she continued making offensive anti-Israel and antisemitic statements.

In February, Omar tweeted, “It’s all about the Benjamins baby,” suggesting (falsely) that a pro-Israel group, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), bribed members of Congress to support Israel. The implication was that Jews were using money to control Congress. Omar apologized for that tweet, but went on, a few weeks later, to claim that pro-Israel members of Congress owed “allegiance to a foreign country.” The chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, a fellow Democrat, called her statement a “vile antisemitic slur,” but she refused to apologize.

In an effort to tamp down the controversy, House Democrats passed a resolution condemning antisemitism — but only among other forms of hatred, and without mentioning Omar specifically. After the resolution passed, Omar took a victory lap, claiming (falsely) that it marked the first time Congress had condemned anti-Muslim prejudice.

More recently, Omar has supported AOC’s inflammatory claim that the migrant facilities are “concentration camps.”

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI)

Tlaib believes that the State of Israel has no right to exist and should be dismantled — a stance that lost her the support of the far-left J Street organization, which likes to maintain the pretense of support for a two-state solution.

In January, Tlaib posted an antisemitic tweet, declaring that members of Congress who supported Israel “forgot what country they represent.” The American Jewish Committee accused her of using an antisemitic claim of “dual loyalty.”

In February, Tlaib called Housing and Urban Development official Lynne Patton, a black woman, a “prop” for appearing in the gallery during a hearing where members of Congress were debating whether Trump was racist.

In May, Tlaib made the bizarre statement that she felt “a calming feeling … when I think of the Holocaust.” She explained by making the false claim that Palestinians had offered Jews a “safe haven” from the Holocaust.

Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA)

On Sunday, just hours after the president posted his congressional tweets, Pressley told left-wing bloggers at Netroots Nation: “We don’t need any more black faces that don’t want to be a black voice.” She appeared to assume that the only legitimate “black voice” was leftist; black Americans with other views were legitimate targets of racial attack.

Pressley’s bio on her official House of Representatives website — not a personal or campaign page — implies that a white person cannot represent her congressional district: “The Massachusetts 7th is the most diverse and most unequal district in the state, requiring a representative whose experiences are reflective of the people,” it says.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-squad-so-far/

Of course when Trump reasonably points out how vile and anti-American these sentiments are, he's blasted as a racist.
                              Trump is not being criticised for criticizing their policies, he is being criticized for a hitorically racist/anti-immigration reference aimed at them.

Attacking the person in politics is sometimes easier than showing what is wrong with their policies, but if you take that over the top as Trump has done here, it accomplishes the reverse. It cause people that would otherwise reject their position to rally behind them. And it causes all but your most loyal to walk away.

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-17-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                The thing is that Trumps remarks were racist and the words of a white nationalist authoritarian disdainer of democracy. In a democracy we don't tell people who dissent to leave the country.
                                So, the morons in the "squad" are all for condemning mean words, yet not for condemning actual attempted murder. Got it.
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment