Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Right thread, my friend. You see, I am making you aware that what you say in a theoretical discussion applies in real life. That is the whole point.
    Why are you wasting time posting here, Chuck? Shouldn't you be out helping people in need?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Why are you wasting time posting here, Chuck? Shouldn't you be out helping people in need?
      Pointing out moral obligations is one way to try to help people in need. Wouldn't you agree? If not why engage in moral discussion at all? And it seems you imply I am not out helping others in need. Why? Do I need to do it all the time and should I not allow myself to speak my opinion?
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Pointing out moral obligations is one way to try to help people in need. Wouldn't you agree? If not why engage in moral discussion at all? And it seems you imply I am not out helping others in need. Why? Do I need to do it all the time and should I not allow myself to speak my opinion?
        What is wrong with letting kids sit in cages on the border Chuck? If morality is just a relative value as Tassman says, then who cares?

Comment

Pointing out moral obligations is one way to try to help people in need. Wouldn't you agree?
          No.
          If not why engage in moral discussion at all?
          Good question.
          And it seems you imply I am not out helping others in need. Why? Do I need to do it all the time and should I not allow myself to speak my opinion?
          I'm sorry if you think I imply such. Can you provide any examples of you actually helping others in need?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            What is wrong with letting kids sit in cages on the border Chuck? If morality is just a relative value as Tassman says, then who cares?
            Ask Tassman why he holds his opinion. I am not a relativist.

And in this case it seems you are the one who does not care and quite many of your fellow Christians do not seem to care either or seem to do your best to find all sorts of excuses that do not work if you believe in objective standards (Obama did it too being just one example).
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

No.
              Ok. So you don't believe having a discussion on right or wrong makes an actaul difference. Interesting. Then perhaps it is more of a question why you are wasting your time on discussing this. I don't feel like I am wasting time.

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              I'm sorry if you think I imply such. Can you provide any examples of you actually helping others in need?
              That would imply a change of focus and would be an undecent thing to do. And since we are discussing objective standards what I do is completely irrelevant. That part of it is obviously difficult for you guys to grasp though I pointed it out numerous times.

Comment

Ask Tassman why he holds his opinion. I am not a relativist.

And in this case it seems you are the one who does not care and quite many of your fellow Christians do not seem to care either or seem to do your best to find all sorts of excuses that do not work if you believe in objective standards (Obama did it too being just one example).
                As I said in the other thread, I do care. I think the solution is 1- Give more money and resources to ICE to make the conditions better, 2- keep records of the families and do records and DNA checks to make sure that the children belong to the "parents" and 3. Build the wall.

As far as personal obligation? My representatives in congress already agrees to what I said above and are pushing for that. Otherwise I would be writing and urging them to do so. What have you done?

Now if you want to discuss it further, take it to the other thread.

Comment

As I said in the other thread, I do care. I think the solution is 1- Give more money and resources to ICE to make the conditions better, 2- keep records of the families and do records and DNA checks to make sure that the children belong to the "parents" and 3. Build the wall.

As far as personal obligation? My representatives in congress already agrees to what I said above and are pushing for that. Otherwise I would be writing and urging them to do so. What have you done?

Now if you want to discuss it further, take it to the other thread.
                  Thank you for proving part of my point. Part of your solution to help those in need is to build a wall. If you were in need and needed to go to another country to survive or live a decent life how much would a wall help you. You see? The wall might make the problem invisible to you but it will still be there objectively.

Comment

Thank you for proving part of my point. Part of your solution to help those in need is to build a wall. If you were in need and needed to go to another country to survive or live a decent life how much would a wall help you. You see? The wall might make the problem invisible to you but it will still be there objectively.
                    Like I said, take it to the other thread Chuck.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-Kids-In-Cages

Comment

Who needs help more than Sparko?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Who needs help more than Sparko?
                        JimL.

Comment

JimL.
                          I KNEW it!!!! You ALWAYS go back to WHATABOUTISM!!!!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ok. So you don't believe having a discussion on right or wrong makes an actaul difference. Interesting. Then perhaps it is more of a question why you are wasting your time on discussing this. I don't feel like I am wasting time.

That would imply a change of focus and would be an undecent thing to do. And since we are discussing objective standards what I do is completely irrelevant. That part of it is obviously difficult for you guys to grasp though I pointed it out numerous times.
                            Troll level: 100. Well done, sir.

sigpic

Comment

Troll level: 100. Well done, sir.
                              That would require someone actually falling for it.

Comment

That would require someone actually falling for it.
                                But he TRIES so HARD!

sigpic

Comment