Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nadler: This is Formal Impeachment Proceedings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    It's okay. The Republicans are really, really good at squandering opportunities presented as well.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm not as optimistic -- time after time I have seen Republicans stupidly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm not as optimistic -- time after time I have seen Republicans stupidly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
      At this point, they would have to display a level of incompetence that makes Spongebob look good.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        I also suspect Pelosi will be out as Speaker before the general election.
        I'll bet the against on that. Or I would if I were into gambling.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

At this point, they would have to display a level of incompetence that makes Spongebob look good.
          I might agree if Trump would tone down his rhetoric. He is often his own worst enemy. If Trump were to actively work to unite America, he'd win back the house, retain the presidency and grow the Senate.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            The longer the investigations go on the more sensible people out there, regardless of party, will realize what a theiving, treasonous, lying, criminal thug of a president Trump is. Besides that, it's the right thing to do whether it blows up in their faces or not, their just trying to do it the smartest way possible.
            The polls show people don't care, and this also just looks like more of the same TDS syndrome, which we all know backfired in 2017. I think they intentionally want to help push a Trump 2020 victory because then the do-nothing establishment Dems can use "orange man bad, we must stop him" to justify not passing any serious policy. But then again, I might be giving them a bit more credit than it's due.

Comment

Laughing - you are so very precious.

No, actually, it's the ABUSE of that oversight.

Separate but equal.
              Whatever you say Moscow-poke.

Comment

Whatever you say Moscow-poke.
                Good, cause I say you're a bloomin' idiot. Do you know what "separate but equal doctrine" is, Comrade Jimski?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I'll bet the against on that. Or I would if I were into gambling.
                  It depends on how badly this crashes and burns. Pelosi's job is to herd the cats - which she used to be good at. But if she can't keep control and her party is damaged as a result - any other time I'd assume if it were going to happen it would be after the election - as nutso as her party is acting, I don't think they'll wait that long when the polls start favoring Trump.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

It depends on how badly this crashes and burns. Pelosi's job is to herd the cats - which she used to be good at. But if she can't keep control and her party is damaged as a result - any other time I'd assume if it were going to happen it would be after the election - as nutso as her party is acting, I don't think they'll wait that long when the polls start favoring Trump.
                    Don't know where you get the idea that Pelosi is against what Nadler and the House Dems are up to, but you're wrong at any rate. She's fully aware what they are doing, and she's all in. She just wants to make sure the go in with an unbeatable hand, and she's said as much.

Comment

So, the separate but equal doctrine and Congressional oversight of Presidential power is now considered by conservatives to be the attempt at a coup. Just what the wannabe dictator wants you to believe. And it's working. So sad!
                      *emphasis mine

I missed this the first time - Jim, have you lost your mind?!?! Separate but equal was the doctrine that allowed Jim Crow!!!! Please, please tell me you meant 'separation of church and state'.

Which doesn't make sense either - but at least it hasn't been explicitly overturned by the Supreme Court (one of the Circuit courts had issues with it, however).

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

THIS kind of thing could help the demise of the Democrats...

Liberals are now willing to target any Trump supporter for ruination

They are showing that they have increasingly become the party of hate-filled lawless bigots. Kinda like Comrade Jimski hanging around a Christian-run board just to be an ass.

Comment

Don't know where you get the idea that Pelosi is against what Nadler and the House Dems are up to, but you're wrong at any rate. She's fully aware what they are doing, and she's all in. She just wants to make sure the go in with an unbeatable hand, and she's said as much.
                          She's heading possibly the worst run House in history - and it's her own party doing the damage.

Pelosi isn't stupid enough to want a public fight over an untenable impeachment - even I give her more credit than that.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

*emphasis mine

I missed this the first time - Jim, have you lost your mind?!?! Separate but equal was the doctrine that allowed Jim Crow!!!! Please, please tell me you meant 'separation of church and state'.

Which doesn't make sense either - but at least it hasn't been explicitly overturned by the Supreme Court (one of the Circuit courts had issues with it, however).

The boy has gone round the bend.

Laughing - you are so very precious.

Separate but equal.
                            Good, cause I say you're a bloomin' idiot. Do you know what "separate but equal doctrine" is, Comrade Jimski?

Comment

I think what the boy meant was "separation of powers" - co-equal branches of government, checks and balances. But, being a closet racist, he slipped up and snagged the Jim Crow law.

Comment

*emphasis mine

Powers, Tea, powers! Moscowpoke isn't as stupid a commie pinko as he looks, he knew what I meant. He just likes to point out the grammatical, spelling and other errors of others because it makes him feel superior without having to actually address the argument itself.

Comment