Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

On "Closing Church"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and welcome to the brotherhood of pirates, CP!

(CP showed everyone his treasure chest during the service today!)

He asked people to guess what was in it. Obviously it is Crispy Bacon from before the Corona War!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Another great service and sermon, CP. I like the picture in picture. Still low frame rate though.
      Yeah, we bought a super-duper computer, but for some reason, when we plug the audio from the soundboard into its line-in, we pick up a hum. Doesn't happen with laptops, so we used a better laptop than we had, but nowhere near as good as the gaming computer we purchased.

Thanks for your comments.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, we bought a super-duper computer, but for some reason, when we plug the audio from the soundboard into its line-in, we pick up a hum. Doesn't happen with laptops, so we used a better laptop than we had, but nowhere near as good as the gaming computer we purchased.

Thanks for your comments.
        Try plugging in the computer into the battery backup side of a UPS. I think it might filter out the 60hz hum.

Comment

Try plugging in the computer into the battery backup side of a UPS. I think it might filter out the 60hz hum.
          I can certainly try that - at this point, we're kinda bamfoozled.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I can certainly try that - at this point, we're kinda bamfoozled.
            It depends if your UPS is actually giving you the filtered AC or just passing through while plugged in the wall (not on battery)

Another trick is to see if you can find a 2 prong to three prong AC connector (something that removes the ground wire from the equation)

or something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/JACKYLED-List...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

or even

https://www.amazon.com/Ebtech-Hum-Vo...AC+ground+lift

Comment

It depends if your UPS is actually giving you the filtered AC or just passing through while plugged in the wall (not on battery)

Another trick is to see if you can find a 2 prong to three prong AC connector (something that removes the ground wire from the equation)

or something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/JACKYLED-List...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

or even

https://www.amazon.com/Ebtech-Hum-Vo...AC+ground+lift
              I'm almost not thinking it's 60cycle hum in this case - it sounds more like something is being an antenna - it's not a steady hum, but a very faint buzz with what sounds like voices, like maybe a radio station or something, and an occasional "boip" noise.

Comment

I'm almost not thinking it's 60cycle hum in this case - it sounds more like something is being an antenna - it's not a steady hum, but a very faint buzz with what sounds like voices, like maybe a radio station or something, and an occasional "boip" noise.
                weird.

I found this link when I was looking for the 2 prong adapters..

https://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-find-and-fix-hum/

https://www.techhive.com/article/306...o-systems.html

kind of a troubleshooting list.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                  My first Zoom service for our Wed nite services. I liked it better than FB because of actually interacting. Nit mny people were on though....not everybody had Zoom set up or something...but we're learning.

been at this church since 1984. It's SO HARD. But it's been fun learning all this stuff.
                  It's great that you guys can zoom your services! Some of my colleagues are going that route, too, but we've found it necessary to take extra precautions because of the rash of zoom bombers. Mostly that means not handing out guest links, which is a precaution we all need to use, regardless of the platform.

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with the audio chops. It's actually worse than choppy video, because the video resolves to what I'd already written on my tablet, while the audio is gone forever.

I'm ready to start offering sacrifices to the gods of network congestion.

Comment

• We have the tradition of daily services for Holy Week...and will continue to do so online! Usually we had skits depicting aspects of the events of the week...curious to see lf if that'll be the same! Too many people involved though. ☹
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

weird.

I found this link when I was looking for the 2 prong adapters..

https://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-find-and-fix-hum/

https://www.techhive.com/article/306...o-systems.html

kind of a troubleshooting list.
                      Interesting - I'll pass this along to our sound guys.

Comment

Interesting - I'll pass this along to our sound guys.
                        What we found out was that the USB appliance we were using (turned output from the soundboard to USB input to streaming computer) was adding noise. It was a Behringer (which I was told was "good stuff") but we replaced it with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 USB interface, and the demonic hissing and noise instantly disappeared!

The $60 RadioShack solution was replaced with the $200 professional solution, problem solved!

Comment

What we found out was that the USB appliance we were using (turned output from the soundboard to USB input to streaming computer) was adding noise. It was a Behringer (which I was told was "good stuff") but we replaced it with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 USB interface, and the demonic hissing and noise instantly disappeared!

The $60 RadioShack solution was replaced with the $200 professional solution, problem solved!
                          So can you use the PC instead of the laptop and get a faster frame rate? It was still pretty choppy looking last week. sound was good.

Comment

So can you use the PC instead of the laptop and get a faster frame rate? It was still pretty choppy looking last week. sound was good.
                            YES! We are now using the gaming computer, and we have a better camera on the way, but it's POSSIBLE that the guys don't have the "input" in vMix for the camera set to the proper frame rate. I'll double check that. That's the current quest - to get smoother video, especially for the guy leading the music who likes to move his arms a lot.

ETA - plus, I think one of the problems is that the camera is about 50 feet away from the stage, and has to "see through" all those hanging lights, and has a hard time focusing.

Comment

• We are waiting on our PTZOptics camera which is directly supported in vMix, and has multiple simultaneous outputs.

Comment

YES! We are now using the gaming computer, and we have a better camera on the way, but it's POSSIBLE that the guys don't have the "input" in vMix for the camera set to the proper frame rate. I'll double check that. That's the current quest - to get smoother video, especially for the guy leading the music who likes to move his arms a lot.

ETA - plus, I think one of the problems is that the camera is about 50 feet away from the stage, and has to "see through" all those hanging lights, and has a hard time focusing.
                                Your music director looks like Burl Ives to me on the video stream!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X