Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrat candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrat candidates

For the leftists and moderates here, and for the conservatives who see themselves possibly voting for a Democrat for president: if the election was tomorrow and you could pick the Democratic candidate, which Democrat would you prefer? Feel free to make a distinction between who you'd ideally prefer and who you'd settle for with the best chance of beating Trump, if there's a difference. If you have ranked choices (say, top three), feel free to mention that as well.

This is purely for my own curiosity.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I would pick Elizabeth Warren, because the election would be very entertaining and Trump would beat her by a mile.

Comment

I like Tulsi Gabbard, if any one is asking...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          I like Tulsi Gabbard, if any one is asking...
          Who's the guy who was pointing out that opening the border was a bad idea?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Andrew Yang would be my candidate if I were voting that way
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Who's the guy who was pointing out that opening the border was a bad idea?
              Tim Ryan and Steve Bullock were pretty vocal.

Tim Ryan - “Right now, if you want to come into the country, you should at least ring the doorbell,” Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) said, adding that the president could still separate families even if unauthorized immigration was decriminalized. “We’ve got to get rid of Donald Trump, but you don’t decriminalize people just walking into the United States.”

Montana Gov. Steve Bullock said decriminalizing unauthorized immigration and giving health care to undocumented immigrants — an idea supported by candidates including Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) — was “playing into Donald Trump’s hands.”
              “The challenge isn’t that it’s a criminal offense to cross the border,” Bullock said. “The challenge is that Donald Trump is president and using this to rip families apart. A sane immigration system needs a sane leader, and we can do that without decriminalizing [or] providing health care for everyone.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/democ...b0d24cde077076

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Tim Ryan and Steve Bullock were pretty vocal.

Tim Ryan - “Right now, if you want to come into the country, you should at least ring the doorbell,” Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio)...
                Yeah, THAT guy -- he didn't seem NEAR as loony as the rest of them.

Comment

Yeah, THAT guy -- he didn't seem NEAR as loony as the rest of them.
                  They are getting to the point where they need to stop with the pie in the sky leftwing promises and get back to reality if they want to win the nomination.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    They are getting to the point where they need to stop with the pie in the sky leftwing promises and get back to reality if they want to win the nomination.
                    But don't tell them that.

Comment

But don't tell them that.
                      Elizabeth Warren and some of the others are so clueless it is funny. They seem to listen to the very vocal far left and the MSM parrots and think that their entire base thinks that way. I still think MOST democrats are way more moderate than that. They just aren't as vocal about it, and it isn't as "exciting" to report on by the MSM.

But you know those tracker things that show the trend lines of the Democrats, Independents and Republican listeners as the debate goes on? Most of them dropped or flatlined when they were talking about healthcare for all and decriminalizing the border.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Andrew Yang would be my candidate if I were voting that way
                        I like him too...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I like him too...
                          Freedom bucks??? You???

:faint:
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                            Freedom bucks??? You???

:faint:
                            I'm worried about automation taking more and more jobs...

Comment

I'm worried about automation taking more and more jobs...
                              'We can't do nothing, so here is thousand bucks!!!' does not solve that, just is resigned hopelessness. Only there is monthly endorphin/$$$/drug-like to keep you going.
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment