Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Of course they're arguing process, because until there is a fair and impartial process in place, arguing the facts is pointless.
    Very lame excuse. No points.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Let's put it this way: it's futile to haggle over price per pound when dealing with a merchant who blatantly puts his thumb on the scale.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        I'm attacking the messenger because the messenger is a fraud, not because his message can't be refuted. If you watched the testimony you'd know that the whole idea to investigate Biden was driven by this political hack, and that his reporting was full of lies or fake news if you will. Vindman, Kent, Fiona Hill, all under oath. You're problem, like MM, CP, rogue, et al, is that you live in that conservative bubble where they lie to you every day, and you just eat it up.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/vindman...ing-were-false
        The poster boy, for bubble living, accuses others of living in a bubble!
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• About fairness:

What is unfair is that Trump and his lawyers have given up any semblance of fidelity to facts, have smeared distinguished witnesses, attempted to intimidate the whistleblower (and put his or her safety in jeopardy), hurled baseless accusations at House Democrats investigating presidential wrongdoing and, worst of all, obstructed Congress by refusing to produce documents and blocking critical witnesses from testifying.

On Sunday, Pat A. Cipollone, the White House counsel, sent Nadler a letter declining to show up for the Wednesday hearing but reserving the right to participate later on. The New York Times wrote: “The refusal to send lawyers Wednesday continues a pattern of stonewalling by Mr. Trump, who has sought to block witnesses and documents, as he and his allies call the proceedings ‘deranged’ and a ‘witch hunt.’”

There is no mystery as to what is going on here. Trump has no facts to put forth and no valid constitutional argument that bribery (specifically mentioned in the Constitution) and obstruction fail to meet the standard for impeachment. (As the Lawfare blog puts it, “There is every reason to believe that the drafters of the Constitution had in mind a scope that easily encompasses Trump’s conduct. ... The transcript [of the July 25 call] makes clear that Trump tied together the request for a personal favor with the delivery of military aid. But even if he had not made such a direct connection, this sort of corrupt use of public office to obtain a private benefit fits squarely within the definition of bribery when the Constitution was written.”)
          WaPo
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            About fairness:
            About politics.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              About politics.
              The easiest way to deflect is to accuse the other side of the very shenanigans you're doing.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

About politics.
                Republicans have already accepted the fact that their dear leader, the POTUS, has committed bribery, and all they can do now is try to delegitimise the impeachment processes so that they can (as they surely will) let him off. That indeed will be a political act of considerable notoriety that will leave previous generations of noble Republicans, spinning in their graves.

Comment

Republicans have already accepted the fact that their dear leader, the POTUS, has committed bribery, and all they can do now is try to delegitimise the impeachment processes so that they can (as they surely will) let him off. That indeed will be a political act of considerable notoriety that will leave previous generations of noble Republicans, spinning in their graves.
                  Though, not a Republican, I'll point out that I'm not the one who de-legitimized the impeachment process - Schiff did that by starting the thing off with a grand lie of his own, then making himself judge, jury, witness corrector/instructor, media liaison... Remember when the Democrats promised they wouldn't do this if it were a partisan thing?

This impeachment drive is a huge political bust for Democrats

Impeachment is a political process. And judging the process strictly on political grounds, the impeachment of President Trump hasn’t been a success for Democrats.

After all, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Adam Schiff haven’t gotten any closer to convincing a single Senate Republican to remove the president. It’s highly probable that a Senate trial run by Republicans, with new witnesses and evidence, would further corrode the Democrats’ case.

Liberals will pretend that Senate Republicans are members of a reactionary Trump cult, but if there had been incontrovertible proof of “bribery,” a number of them would be compelled to act differently. No such evidence was provided....

and...

Take Schiff, who once claimed to be privy to hard evidence — which never materialized — of a criminal conspiracy between Trump and the Russian regime.

It's a sham.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Though, not a Republican, I'll point out that I'm not the one who de-legitimized the impeachment process - Schiff did that by starting the thing off with a grand lie of his own, then making himself judge, jury, witness corrector/instructor, media liaison... Remember when the Democrats promised they wouldn't do this if it were a partisan thing?

This impeachment drive is a huge political bust for Democrats

Impeachment is a political process. And judging the process strictly on political grounds, the impeachment of President Trump hasn’t been a success for Democrats.

After all, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Adam Schiff haven’t gotten any closer to convincing a single Senate Republican to remove the president. It’s highly probable that a Senate trial run by Republicans, with new witnesses and evidence, would further corrode the Democrats’ case.

Liberals will pretend that Senate Republicans are members of a reactionary Trump cult, but if there had been incontrovertible proof of “bribery,” a number of them would be compelled to act differently. No such evidence was provided....

and...

Take Schiff, who once claimed to be privy to hard evidence — which never materialized — of a criminal conspiracy between Trump and the Russian regime.

It's a sham.
                    Trump has not been impeached yet. All this is deflection. The Dems are simply not to be distracted by such tomfoolery. They know that Republicans will ignore the facts. They cannot sway the Senate but they have a chance with the voters.

And every day, Trump does his very best to be the most disgusting POTUS the world has ever seen. I don’t understand how Republicans put up with him.

Comment

Trump has not been impeached yet.
                      Not, yet, and the Democrats seem to be rather confused as to whether or how to proceed.

All this is deflection.
                      Claiming something is a deflection is a deflection.

The Dems are simply not to be distracted by such tomfoolery. They know that Republicans will ignore the facts. They cannot sway the Senate but they have a chance with the voters.
                      Well, I think their chances are slim to none, and slim just mounted a horse and headed South.

And every day, Trump does his very best to be the most disgusting POTUS the world has ever seen. I don’t understand how Republicans put up with him.
                      He is, indeed, his own worst enemy.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        Dude, someone who has no problem criticizing Trump for his faults on this forum is not what a bubble makes.
                        Dude, anyone who has seen the goings on in this administration from the very get go and has read the Mueller report, has seen the evidence of Trumps abuse of power in the Ukraine deal, and continues to defend him is in the bubble. It means you're not a critical thinker in your own right, you're simply parroting the consevative propagandists and your self interested republican leaders.

Someone who incessantly parrots "orange man bad" 24/7
                        As explained above, orange man is bad, so I'm not parroting anyone no matter how many times I point it out.

and that Biden, Hillary, or any other politician from the democratic party can do no wrong
                        Never said that, but if you are going to falsely accuse them of something without any substantial evidence to back up your accusations then I'll defend them with the facts, or with your lack of facts. There is no evidence of Biden doing anything wrong, Trump just wants to put that question in the mind of non critical thinkers like yourself so that he can continue to beat him with it in a possible presidential campaign against him.

and to suggest otherwise is because they're susceptible to conservative propaganda conspiracies, fake journalist hacks, Russian propaganda or whatever is the very definition of not just someone in a bubble, but a pretty psychotic one at that.
                        Fact is that you are accusing them simply because you've heard it through the conservative propaganda grapevine. There is no evidence of wrongdoing by Biden, even though they keep pouring that nonsense into the porches of your naive ears, and it is an abuse of power to extort a foreign country to investigate a U.S. citizen for any reason, least of all in the case of an ally in exchange for desperately needed military aid that protects not only their, but our own national security. Doing that was actually aiding and abetting Russia, our common adversary, in their aggression into Ukraine.
                        Last edited by JimL; 12-02-2019, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Not, yet, and the Democrats seem to be rather confused as to whether or how to proceed.
                          I don’t think so. Trump’s on schedule to be impeached before Christmas. It’s going to be amazing to watch history being made. It will be a test of American governance like no other. Will the Senate live up to the founders hopes or not? Will Trump break the Constitution? It will either be a wonderful triumph or a disastrous end to the American Century.

On reflection, while US elections are none of our business, it is quite rude of US voters to inflict Trump on the civilised world.
                          Last edited by firstfloor; 12-02-2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Of course they're arguing process, because until there is a fair and impartial process in place, arguing the facts is pointless.
                            As far as you balloon heads are concerned, no process will ever be fair, because deep down, you know as well as we do that Trump is clearly guilty of, well, of many things, which we can sum up as abuse of power, or abuse of office. Btw, Trump could participate in the Judicial hearings with his atty's and his own witnesses, but he turned the opportunity down. So they, and you, will complain/whine no matter what, and that is because they, and you, have a consciousness of guilt.

Comment

Let's put it this way: it's futile to haggle over price per pound when dealing with a merchant who blatantly puts his thumb on the scale.
                              Trump is free to participte in the hearings, with his atty's, with his witnesses, in order to prove his innocence, so no, there's no thumb on the scale, there is just someone who doesn't want to pay the price.

Comment

I don’t think so.

Trump’s on schedule to be impeached before Christmas.
                                That's the CURRENT (as of a few hours ago) plan.

It’s going to be amazing to watch history being made.
                                Yes, the Democrats, after promising there will be no partisan impeachment, are about to shoot themselves in both feet while both feet are in their mouths.

It will be a test of American governance like no other. Will the Senate live up to the founders hopes or not.
                                You'd have to believe that the founders' hopes would be that some dummy would come along and pervert the impeachment process into a political hackerbockle.

Will Trump break the Constitution.
                                According to the Democrats, he already done did.

It will either be a wonderful triumph or a disastrous end to the American Century.
                                Americans have their very own century?

Comment