Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Prepubescent "Transgender Activist"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    so does agoraphobia. yet we treat agoraphobia to make it go away.
    There are people who want to be animals, JimL. I used chicken because I wanted to point out the ridiculousness of codding a mental aberration rather than trying to cure it.
    We are agreed, illnesses should be treated. That's why GD should be treated based on what doctors and scientists know works. Treating an illness is the opposite of coddling it. HRT/SRS are treatments, not coddling.

it's really annoying when you just keep repeating nonsense with no scientific basis for it all all.
    You agreed that abnormal gene expression can result in abnormalities in the process of sexual dimorphism. That's the basis.

They may feel like they are "born in the wrong body" but since we all only get one body, it is the right body. As long as there is nothing broken with the body, we don't need to fix it. The mind is the problem, we need to fix it. Not the body.
    Why do you think the abnormal gene expression that results in GD is different from any other abnormal gene expression that would result in what you qualify as "broken with the body"? I assume you would have no issue with someone born blind being made to see, or someone born with no legs being given artificial legs, or someone born intersex having SRS. What is your specific criteria for drawing a line?

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
      We are agreed, illnesses should be treated. That's why GD should be treated based on what doctors and scientists know works. Treating an illness is the opposite of coddling it. HRT/SRS are treatments, not coddling.
      repeat: No they are not. They are the equivalent of grafting feathers on someone who thinks he is a chicken and calling him cured.

You agreed that abnormal gene expression can result in abnormalities in the process of sexual dimorphism. That's the basis.
      I said that genetic mutation can result in many physical and mental problems. The treatment is to remove the birth defect, or cure the illness, not to enhance the illness. If someone is born without arms, you don't chop off his legs. If someone is born with a mental illness, you help them adjust to their circumstances or medicate them or counsel them to cure the illness. You don't encourage someone who is bipolar to just go with it and have fun! You don't encourage an alcoholic to drink himself to death.

Why do you think the abnormal gene expression that results in GD is different from any other abnormal gene expression that would result in what you qualify as "broken with the body"? I assume you would have no issue with someone born blind being made to see, or someone born with no legs being given artificial legs, or someone born intersex having SRS. What is your specific criteria for drawing a line?
      Giving someone who was born blind a way to see is fixing the problem. Making them normal. If someone is actually born with the wrong genitals, then yes, fix it. If they are biologically male with female genitals, fix it. But if they are male and just want to be female, like the majority of transsexuals, then treat the mental illness not the body. Again, the odds of hermaphrotitism is extremely rare.

Comment

repeat: No they are not. They are the equivalent of grafting feathers on someone who thinks he is a chicken and calling him cured.

I said that genetic mutation can result in many physical and mental problems. The treatment is to remove the birth defect, or cure the illness, not to enhance the illness. If someone is born without arms, you don't chop off his legs. If someone is born with a mental illness, you help them adjust to their circumstances or medicate them or counsel them to cure the illness. You don't encourage someone who is bipolar to just go with it and have fun! You don't encourage an alcoholic to drink himself to death.
        How do you know HRT/SRS aren't effective?

Giving someone who was born blind a way to see is fixing the problem. Making them normal. If someone is actually born with the wrong genitals, then yes, fix it. If they are biologically male with female genitals, fix it. But if they are male and just want to be female, like the majority of transsexuals, then treat the mental illness not the body. Again, the odds of hermaphrotitism is extremely rare.
        So are you claiming that it is impossible for abnormal gene expression to result in an incongruity between the brain and body when it comes to sexual development? If so, how do you know this? If not, how do you know this isn't the case for transpeople?

Comment

because they are not a cure. They are an affirmation of the mental aberration. You are making society change to fit the delusions of an individual instead of changing the individual to fit reality (with therapy).

OK I am done here arguing the same thing over and over with you.

Here you go: A woman who insists she is a cat born in the wrong body. "Species Dysphoria"

Do you think society should have to take her seriously? Provide litter boxes for her at work and school? Heck make her even go to work? After all, she's a cat! She needs to be kept in an animal shelter till someone adopts her, right?
          Last edited by Sparko; 01-11-2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

So are you claiming that it is impossible for abnormal gene expression to result in an incongruity between the brain and body when it comes to sexual development? If so, how do you know this? If not, how do you know this isn't the case for transpeople?
            So far all we have is claims that this is so. The only so called evidence has been refuted.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Here you go: A woman who insists she is a cat born in the wrong body. "Species Dysphoria"

This is what happens when you take weeaboism too far.

Comment

Is she/he a female cat or a male cat? Trans-species and transgender?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Is she/he a female cat or a male cat? Trans-species and transgender?
                  and what type of cat? Calico? Siamese? Short-haired? Anime? yeah, she talks so he could be an Anime Cat! Trans-Reality!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                    This is what happens when you take weeaboism too far.

More like when your parents didn't tan your backside enough...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      More like when your parents didn't tan your backside enough...
                      My parents frequently and liberally applied the board of education to my seat of learning.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

because they are not a cure. They are an affirmation of the mental aberration. You are making society change to fit the delusions of an individual instead of changing the individual to fit reality (with therapy).

OK I am done here arguing the same thing over and over with you.

Do you think society should have to take her seriously? Provide litter boxes for her at work and school? Heck make her even go to work? After all, she's a cat! She needs to be kept in an animal shelter till someone adopts her, right?
                        Sparko, I have explained to you multiple times that gender dysphoria is based on abnormal gene expression, which would preclude "species dysphoria". I have asked you again and again to support your claims with evidence, but you keep refusing to do so. How do you know if GD treatment isn't effective? You provide no evidence, you just say it isn't. Why can't abnormal gene expression result in GD? You provide no evidence, you just say it isn't. Trying to get to where your opinions come from is like pulling teeth. I can only conclude that your reasoning is based on "just because", as in "just because it's weird" or "just because I don't like it". If you cannot explain why you have an opinion, you have no business expressing it.

Comment

Sparko, I have explained to you multiple times ...
                          How many times does it take for "I have explained it to you" make it right?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            So far all we have is claims that this is so. The only so called evidence has been refuted.
                            You don't just have claims. We have studies done on the effectiveness of treatment. We have doctors and patients who have found treatment effective. We have correlations between the genetics and neurology of trans people. Nothing has been refuted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              How many times does it take for "I have explained it to you" make it right?
                              If someone refuses to take part in a discussion, whether or not someone is right is irrelevant.

Comment

Sparko, I have explained to you multiple times that gender dysphoria is based on abnormal gene expression,
                                But it's not. That is just your funky claim.

which would preclude "species dysphoria".
                                No it wouldn't. IF gene expression can make a man think he should have been born a woman, it can make a woman think she should have been born a cat. Or make her think she is Queen Elizabeth. Or any other number of delusions.
                                I have asked you again and again to support your claims with evidence,
                                It is you who are claiming it is a mutation in the DNA. And you made the claim that it was the cause of MOST of the cases of transgenderism. All without a shred of evidence. Want to start again?

but you keep refusing to do so. How do you know if GD treatment isn't effective?
                                How do you know it is?

You provide no evidence, you just say it isn't.
                                You provide no evidence, you just say it is.

Why can't abnormal gene expression result in GD?
                                Why can it not?

You provide no evidence, you just say it isn't.
                                You provide no evidence, you just say it is.

Trying to get to where your opinions come from is like pulling teeth.
                                Trying to get to where your opinions come from is like pulling teeth.

I can only conclude that your reasoning is based on "just because", as in "just because it's weird" or "just because I don't like it". If you cannot explain why you have an opinion, you have no business expressing it.
                                Take your own advice PM.

Comment