Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Genesis 2:2 He rested on the seventh day from all the work he had undertaken.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see if I can come up with more stupid answers to this stupid question.

Are there any other cosmic games that God would not actually play? Planet marbles? Asteroids with real asteroids? Throw the space object into a black hole? Throw the dumb fundy atheist into a black hole(that would be silly, leaving him on Venus might be an option if he wouldn't immediately die...)? Play near miss asteroid hitting the Earth(don't see that He'd cause mass panic like that)?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
      Now the pressing question then becomes why did He wait to only tell Moses about this, and no one else before this?
      Good question. Whats your answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        Dontchaknow that neutron stars can be used for the ultimate cosmic game of billiards? Just hope the resulting gamma ray burst isn't too close. Don't worry! He's very responsible!

Seriously, God didn't rest because He was tired. And He isn't actually playing cosmic billiards with neutron stars.
        Seriously? If god didn't rest because he was tired from all the work he had undertaken, ya know, like it says in the bible, then why did he rest? Is he still resting do you think, or has he been out there creating other universes all this time-less-ness.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Seriously? If god didn't rest because he was tired from all the work he had undertaken, ya know, like it says in the bible, then why did he rest? Is he still resting do you think, or has he been out there creating other universes all this time-less-ness.
          It simply means He ceased creating stuff. It was finished. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            It simply means He ceased creating stuff. It was finished. Duh.
            Actually it already says he "ended" his work, ya know, ceased creating stuff, to then say that he "rested" after ending that work would be superfluous if "rested" meant the same thing as "ended." I can understand your disbelief that a god would need to rest, but unfortunately that is what the bible says.

Comment

Actually it already says he "ended" his work, ya know, ceased creating stuff, to then say that he "rested" after ending that work would be superfluous if "rested" meant the same thing as "ended." I can understand your disbelief that a god would need to rest, but unfortunately that is what the bible says.
              Or that even God keeps the Sabbath. Well, too an extent. He still has to sustain the universe and He isn't near as picky about it as the Pharisees.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                I can understand your disbelief that a god would need to rest, but unfortunately that is what the bible says.
                I ask again, Jimmy, where does it say that God needed to rest?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I ask again, Jimmy, where does it say that God needed to rest?
                  Don't tell him about the passages where God says that the Israelites have wearied Him with their wickedness. Jim won't detect the sarcasm.

Comment

God sure kept busy doing things for someone who was tired and resting.

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

It simply means he was done with creating the universe. He didn't take a nap.

JimL knows this but he likes to play Gotcha games. The problem is that he sucks at it.

JimL - can't you at least come up with a real conundrum?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      God sure kept busy doing things for someone who was tired and resting.

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

It simply means he was done with creating the universe. He didn't take a nap.
                      Hebrew poetry has a penchant for stating the same thing twice, in slightly different ways.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Good question. Whats your answer?
                        It is found in the Torah (Exodus 31:17 for example) and Ezekiel the prophet is reminded by God, ". . . Moreover also I gave them My sabbaths, to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them." (Ezekiel 20:12.)
                        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                          It is found in the Torah (Exodus 31:17 for example) and Ezekiel the prophet is reminded by God, ". . . Moreover also I gave them My sabbaths, to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them." (Ezekiel 20:12.)
                          And your point is?

Comment

And your point is?
                            One, is that the 7th day rest was only given and revealed uniquely to the nation-people of Israel.
                            And the other relevant points I had not made. Of the ancient people the promises given to Abraham is first to the people of Israel.
                            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              This is truly amazing! Jimmy has come up with a question that for 2,000 years no Christian theologian has discovered.
                              You're being generous. Jewish commentators discuss this particular passage at length.

Comment

Checkmate Christians!
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment