Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Do they realize that Russia and Ukraine are enemies? How can Trump be both a Russian Puppet and Ukrainian Puppet Master?
    Very easily, if you would stop to answer for yourself your own question. Trump, the Russian puppet, is doing Russia's bidding by holding back the military aid meant by the U.S. Congress to help Ukraine to fend off Russian aggression, while at the same time using that aid for his, the same Russian puppets, own re-election bid. Thus Russia wins in each case.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      It will go down as a triumph if the President is held to account, a failure, and a black mark on democracy, if he is not. Why? Because he is obviously guilty, putting his own personal interests ahead of the countries vital interests, that he can, as he has done, collude, bribe or extort foreign governments while putting our own, as well as our democratic alies, national security at risk, and it will render the supposed co-equal branch unable to do anything about it. And if he gets away with it this second time, you can be assured that he will feel free to, and as he has shown, will do, again.
      Innocent until proven guilty.
      The prosecution has spoken.
      The defense has not yet made their case.

You, however, have totally made up your mind a long time ago.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        What makes you think that it will go down in history as a triumph vs a failure?
        It will go down as a triumph if the President is held to account, a failure, and a black mark on democracy, if he is not. Why? Because he is obviously guilty, putting his own personal interests ahead of the countries vital interests, that he can, as he has done, collude, bribe or extort foreign governments while putting our own, as well as our democratic alies, national security at risk, and it will render the supposed co-equal branch unable to do anything about it. And if he gets away with it this second time, you can be assured that he will feel free to, and as he has shown, will do, again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Innocent until proven guilty.
          The prosecution has spoken.
          The defense has not yet made their case.

You, however, have totally made up your mind a long time ago.
          And so have all of you your opinions, difference being you are wrong as the evidence has already been made clear.

Comment

Very easily, if you would stop to answer for yourself your own question.
            Is he allowed to provide his own answer?

Trump, the Russian puppet,
            Nothing discriminatory there!

is doing Russia's bidding
            Called a "conclusion, facts not in evidence,

by holding back the military aid meant by the U.S. Congress to help Ukraine to fend off Russian aggression,
            Russian aggression which Obama allowed without much challenge at all.

while at the same time using that aid for his, the same Russian puppets, own re-election bid.
            Using that aid -- you mean, he spent the money on his own election?

Thus Russia wins in each case.
            At least he didn't tell Russia, "hey, I'll have more flexibility to do your bidding after the election".

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And so have all of you your opinions, difference being you are wrong as the evidence has already been made clear.
              Jim, AT THIS POINT in time, given the extreme partisanship shown by your corrupt heroes, I'm definitely leaning toward this being a sham prosecution. HOWEVER, we've only heard from ONE SIDE thus far, and I'm ready to hear from Trump's defense team.

Besides, I'm taller and better looking than you, so I win.

Comment

Is he allowed to provide his own answer?
                Apparently he didn't think to, thus the question.

Nothing discriminatory there!

Called a "conclusion, facts not in evidence,

Russian aggression which Obama allowed without much challenge at all.

Using that aid -- you mean, he spent the money on his own election?

At least he didn't tell Russia, "hey, I'll have more flexibility to do your bidding after the election".

You're obviously in the tank, CP. There is nothing going to make you think!

Comment

You're obviously in the tank, CP.
                  I drove one last year! It was a BLAST!

There is nothing going to make you think!
                  Jim, I have never met anybody, online or in real life, who is more "in the tank" than you. You are the very personification of "in the tank".

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Wasn't this supposed to be about Ukraine aid?
                    As usual, Democrats are taking the "throw everything at the wall and see if anything sticks" approach.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Shifty is in the home stretch going on about the Russian Collusion Delusion and playing clips from Bobby "I don't recall" Mueller's testimony!

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Shifty Schiff says:

"If a president can be so easily manipulated to disbelieve his own intelligence agencies, to accept the propaganda of the Kremlin, that is a threat to our national security—and this is just what has happened here."

I guess he missed the news last night that the FISA warrants against Carter Page that were used to spy on the Trump campaign were ruled invalid because the FBI lied to the judge in order to get them approved.

Schiff also claims that the Russians have a psychological profile on Trump so they know how to manipulate him.

Seriously, man, Schiff is a nut!
                        Have you seen Trump grovel to Putin at Helsinki in 2018? I felt embarrassed for you guys just watching that. I think by saying that they know how to manipulate him is giving trump the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

I’m sure the people impeaching Johnson thought the same thing. I know you’re just a brainwashed Democrat, with no thoughts of your own, but you do understand that the democrats have played right into Trump’s hand, do you?
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So, "many judges" have expressed opinions. Stop the presses - CASE CLOSED!

You realize that only ONE SIDE (the prosecution) has presented a case, right? In ANY trial, judgment is withheld til all the facts are in.

For the third time this morning - this is not a LEGAL process, this is a POLITICAL one, and it began with an entirely PARTISAN prosecution, with even some Democrats providing the only BIPARTISANSHIP by saying no.
                            You questioned the use of ‘overwhelming’ and I provided reasons as to why the use was appropriate here.

I’m aware of that and I’ve previously stated that the overwhelming evidence takes into account the lack of a coherent defense. If the defense can provide a reasonable alternative explanation to account for all the facts then it will tip the scales.

Also do you realise that once the defense presents their case the prosecution is allowed to challenge it which means they can call new witnesses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                              You questioned the use of ‘overwhelming’ and I provided reasons as to why the use was appropriate here.

I’m aware of that and I’ve previously stated that the overwhelming evidence takes into account the lack of a coherent defense. If the defense can provide a reasonable alternative explanation to account for all the facts then it will tip the scales.

Also do you realise that once the defense presents their case the prosecution is allowed to challenge it which means they can call new witnesses.
                              I think you're getting ahead of yourself here. I think the agreement was that, after both sides presented, there could be a vote to allow additional witnesses -- or not.

Comment

I think you're getting ahead of yourself here. I think the agreement was that, after both sides presented, there could be a vote to allow additional witnesses -- or not.
                                I was stating that generally.

Comment