Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police officers nationwide flagged for racist and violent social media posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also I think Carp was being racist when he said that more people with black hair commit crimes than blondes. Only white people have natural blonde hair so isn't that racist to say that white people commit less crime?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Also I think Carp was being racist when he said that more people with black hair commit crimes than blondes. Only white people have natural blonde hair so isn't that racist to say that white people commit less crime?
      From what I recall, carpe virtue-signals by admitting that he's unavoidably racist because he's Caucasian, but tries to consciously mitigate his racism. We'd be morally upstanding like him if only we'd do the same; since we're in denial, however, we have no moral leg to stand on.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        We'd be morally upstanding like him if only we'd do the same; since we're in denial, however, we have no moral leg to stand on.
        But, but he is a moral relativist...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
          But, but he is a moral relativist...
          That just means his morals are relatively better than ours....

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

There are also a lot more people with black hair than have naturally blonde hair.
            FIFY

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Also blondes would probably shoot themselves before they could hurt anyone else.

er, I mean, that's blatant racist bigotry against people of Scandinavian Germanic descent

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              FIFY

er, I mean, that's blatant racist bigotry against people of Scandinavian Germanic descent
              A blonde went to the emergency room with the tip of her index finger blown off.

"How did this happen?" The doctor asked.

"I was trying to commit suicide," the blonde replied.

"Trying to commit suicide by shooting your finger?"

"Well, I put the gun in my ear and I thought it was going to make a loud noise, so I put my finger in my other ear before I pulled the trigger."

Comment

A blonde . . . <snip> the blonde replied.
                Blod stories in the Poop Deck.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

A blonde went to the emergency room with the tip of her index finger blown off.

"How did this happen?" The doctor asked.

"I was trying to commit suicide," the blonde replied.

"Trying to commit suicide by shooting your finger?"

"Well, I put the gun in my ear and I thought it was going to make a loud noise, so I put my finger in my other ear before I pulled the trigger."
                  00000000000000ars0.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    OK no Blod stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      seer never speculated about why. He's just pointing out the simple fact that blacks in America are disproportionately more likely to be perpetrators of violent crime.
                      What other speculation of a reason could there be from seer's accusation. There is a history here and your up to your ears in sand.
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Right, I never suggested that skin color was the cause. I do believe it is culture and my main concern - fatherless homes. But I was responding to Shuny, and the fact that there may be more violent interaction between cops and blacks simply because these communities are generally more violent, and not because there an inherent racism with police.

There are twice as many whites below the poverty line than blacks, yet blacks are much more violent. And are we suggesting that the poor can not be moral or good?
                        Again. again and again poverty is not the issue, race is the issue. There have been many incidents of racial profiling and unwarranted violence against blacks that were not poor.

Your 'racist' accusations need a better explanation

Frank

Comment

Right, I never suggested that skin color was the cause. I do believe it is culture and my main concern - fatherless homes. But I was responding to Shuny, and the fact that there may be more violent interaction between cops and blacks simply because these communities are generally more violent, and not because there an inherent racism with police.
                          What then is the cause of the culture other than your accusation of race being the statistical cause of your race generalization concerning poverty .

Again, again and again poverty is not the issue here. Fatherless homes are problem in all races including white, and your explanation is blatantly inadequate.

There are twice as many whites below the poverty line than blacks, yet blacks are much more violent. And are we suggesting that the poor can not be moral or good?
                          So what?!?!?! Poverty is not the issue.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-20-2019, 12:59 PM.

Frank

Comment

What other speculation of a reason could there be from seer's accusation. There is a history here and your up to your ears in sand.
                            Idiot, it was not an accusation, it was a fact. A fact that may explain why there are more violent encounters between blacks and cops. Because cops are patrolling these more violent communities.
                            Last edited by seer; 06-20-2019, 01:25 PM.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              For a number of reasons. The primary one is that the issue of racism in our police force is an important one. While racism in the general population is inevitable, there is nothing inevitable about it within the police force. An argument can be made that we only want to arm and empower people who will deal with all people equitably in that particular job. Your ability to pour steel is not impacted by being a racist. Your ability to fairly enforce laws is very likely impacted by racist and prejudiced points of view. And the evidence is significant that racism is deeply embedded in some sectors of our law enforcement and judicial system. It's not just Alabama, it's also Vermont and California. It needs to be explored, quantified, and addressed. That does not mean every cop is racist, or even most cops or even a high percentage of cops. But I believe ANY racism in an armed and legally-empowered population is not acceptable.

As for "black lives matter," any group that experiences systematic persecution is going to (eventually) react to that persecution. If a child has been bullied in a school for years, eventually, they are going to scream, "Make this stop! I matter!" He/she is responding to the reality that he has been treated unjustly for so long. He is not saying "others don't matter." He's saying, "everyone else is being treated like they matter - I want to experience that too!" The black community has been the target of racism since the dawn of this republic. They have been enslaved. They have been Jim Crowed. The evidence of ongoing, systemic racism continues to this day, and impacts their lives. The median income for a black person is half what it is for a white person. Black people are regularly incarcerated for the exact same crimes that get white people a few years of parole. Twice as many black people are in poverty as white people. That poverty has real consequences. Poverty is linked to crime. When a black person commits a crime, the probability that they will not be able to make bail is substantially higher than for a white person. That means a black person is far more likely to spend days and weeks in jail waiting for a trial than a white person. As a result they lose jobs, compounding the problem. They are far more likely to have to depend on an overloaded public defender than a white person, so far more likely to accept "plea deals."

Do white people experience those things? Of course they do. There is poverty among white people too. There is poverty among all races. I am not arguing that black people get special treatment. I am arguing that the system needs to be looked at so that ALL people actually DO have equal opportunity, and the deck is not systemically stacked against one race or another. Should there be more black people in jail than white? Absolutely - if they commit more crime. But that should not be true because a black person regularly gets a stiffer sentence than a white person, for the same crime.
                              Your wall of text aside, when a white officer has to confront a black subject, the officer is not thinking about the socioeconomic status of the subject, or whether he's been "Jim Crowed" - he's thinking "if I have to shoot this guy, it's gonna really hit the fan" - not because the guy comes from a "poor" background, but because the media is going to jump all over "white cop shoots (or kills) black man". Them are the facts, Jack.

Fix that.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You start.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment