Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Life after the eclipse (sign of Jonah)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the wrath of God / eternity in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
      From the wrath of God / eternity in hell.
      Quote me where Jesus says He came to save us from those things and I will believe it. Otherwise--and no offense, but--you can take your doctrines of men and shove them.

Comment

• John 3:36
        He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Comment

John 3:36
          He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
          Not said by Jesus, but even there God's wrath is represented as "not see[ing] life", not hellfire. I believe in hellfire, mind you, but not as more to be feared than being worthy of it.

Comment

• Revelation 20:15
            And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Comment

Revelation 20:15
              And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
              If it's only fear of the fire that keeps you from being a demon, then you are not perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect. That fear may save you from the fire, but it won't make you a pillar in the house of your God. Not that you would be one to desire such an end.

Comment

• You are confused. I don't have any fear of fire, because I believe on the Son. That's the whole point.

Also, the only thing that can make someone a pillar in the house of God is to believe on the Son.

Revelation 3:12
                Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

1 John 5:4-5
                For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

If you reject these teachings, then you may look like a lamb, but you talk like a dragon.

Comment

You are confused. I don't have any fear of fire, because I believe on the Son. That's the whole point.

Also, the only thing that can make someone a pillar in the house of God is to believe on the Son.

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

If you reject these teachings, then you may look like a lamb, but you talk like a dragon.
                  But Yahweh is a fire-breathing dragon

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
                    So your notion of what the Lord meant is "these things will happen, but the end is still thousands of years away"?
                    "My" notion is that we're in the millenial period, which was never meant to be taken as a literal thousand years.
                    Originally posted by Darfius View Post
                    Preterism has no "man of sin" that was revealed before the day of the Lord, a killer blow to the ideology. Yes, some things the Lord spoke of happened, but not all, meaning at the very least double fulfillment, but preterism never has been and never will be tenable. It's just another means "Christians" can avoid dealing with uncomfortable truths, like the pre-trib rapture
                    In orthodox preterism the day of the Lord has not happened yet... so all you've got here is misinformation and insults.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You are confused. I don't have any fear of fire, because I believe on the Son. That's the whole point.

What does it entail to "overcome the world?"

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        "My" notion is that we're in the millenial period, which was never meant to be taken as a literal thousand years.
                        Right, because God doesn't mean what He says.

In orthodox preterism the day of the Lord has not happened yet... so all you've got here is misinformation and insults.
                        "the day of the Lord has happened, but it hasn't happened yet"...do I even need to argue here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darfius
                          What does it entail to "overcome the world?"
                          It means to gain eternal life and to become a part of the kingdom that will ultimately dominate the globe.

"the day of the Lord has happened, but it hasn't happened yet"...do I even need to argue here?
                          The day of the lord might easily refer to more than one thing, depending on the context.

Comment

It means to gain eternal life and to become a part of the kingdom that will ultimately dominate the globe.
                            And the verse for that is...?

The day of the lord might easily refer to more than one thing, depending on the context.
                            Not "more than one thing" thousands of years apart. One could interpret "a day as a thousand years to the Lord", but not two thousand!

Comment

• And the verse for that is...?
                              Which part are you having trouble with -- eternal life, or the victorious kingdom?

Not "more than one thing" thousands of years apart. One could interpret "a day as a thousand years to the Lord", but not two thousand!
                              That sounds pretty arbitrary.

Even if you interpret Revelation 100% literally, there are at least 1003.5 years involved, which is more than a thousand.

Comment

In the chronology of Revelation, the man of sin (assuming it is either the first beast or second beast) arises is Revelation 13, which is after Satan is already cast down in Revelation 12. Satan's fall from heaven also corresponds to the stars falling from heaven and the sun turning black -- a.k.a. the Sixth Seal -- basically the same time that Jerusalem is destroyed. Therefore, yes, it is clear that the man of sin does not arise until some point after the fall of Jerusalem. It is an error of preterism to pretend that the man of sin arose before the fall of Jerusalem.

But it's an error of futurism to pretend that Jerusalem must be destroyed twice (along with a whole different temple), just because you have trouble seeing how all the chronology fits together. I don't pretend to have all the answers yet. But I'm not willing to twist passages in order to make the answers appear.
                                Is that why you didn't respond to my earlier post about 11:18? Because you don't have all the answers? I don't think anybody does, but it seems to me a little presumptious to divide Revelation into a timeline of events as you do, but everybody likes to speculate. So do you believe Revelation repeats or not?
                                The Capitol Insurrection And Religion

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...t_bibl_vppi_i0

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X