Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New movie has liberals hunting Trump supporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New movie has liberals hunting Trump supporters

Hollywood Film Depicts Trump Supporters Being Hunted for Sport by Liberals

Kathy Griffin claims she can’t get work following her photoshoot with a decapitated and bloody Trump head, but don’t let that fool you. Hollywood clearly still likes the idea of promoting violence against people who aren’t good and obedient leftists, because Universal Pictures is set to release a thriller called The Hunt on September 27, which features left-wing “elites” hunting Trump supporters for sport.

In the past few days we’ve been hearing a lot about how Donald Trump’s rhetoric is apparently to blame for the El Paso shooting, yet Hollywood apparently lacked the foresight to think that a movie promoting violence against “deplorables” might be in bad taste until after the shootings in El Paso and Dayton, as only now is Universal rethinking their promotional strategy for the film.

"Did anyone see what our *******-in-chief just did?" one character asks early in the screenplay for The Hunt, a Universal Pictures thriller set to open Sept. 27. Another responds: "At least The Hunt's coming up. Nothing better than going out to the Manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables."

In the aftermath of mass shootings within days of one another that shocked and traumatized the nation, Universal is re-evaluating its strategy for the certain-to-be-controversial satire. The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals.

Over the Aug. 3 weekend, ESPN pulled an ad for the film that it had previously cleared, while AMC ran the spot during the season premiere of its drama The Preacher. It's unclear whether the ads were identical, but the one yanked by ESPN opened with a sound resembling an emergency broadcast signal. A rep for ESPN parent Disney declined to comment on the move, but an ESPN source says no spots for the film will appear on the network in the coming weeks.

According to THR, the movie “features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”

https://pjmedia.com/trending/hollywo...t-by-liberals/

Sounds totally unrealistic. Where would these elite liberals even get guns much less be able to use them?

But it shows the outright hate that Hollywood has for Trump and his supporters. I don't think we are the "deplorables" here.

"satire"
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Sounds totally unrealistic. Where would these elite liberals even get guns much less be able to use them?

But it shows the outright hate that Hollywood has for Trump and his supporters. I don't think we are the "deplorables" here.
      They are more likely to shoot themselves.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Kathy Griffin claims she can’t get work following her photoshoot with a decapitated and bloody Trump head, but don’t let that fool you. Hollywood clearly still likes the idea of promoting violence against people who aren’t good and obedient leftists, because Universal Pictures is set to release a thriller called The Hunt on September 27, which features left-wing “elites” hunting Trump supporters for sport.

In the past few days we’ve been hearing a lot about how Donald Trump’s rhetoric is apparently to blame for the El Paso shooting, yet Hollywood apparently lacked the foresight to think that a movie promoting violence against “deplorables” might be in bad taste until after the shootings in El Paso and Dayton, as only now is Universal rethinking their promotional strategy for the film.

"Did anyone see what our *******-in-chief just did?" one character asks early in the screenplay for The Hunt, a Universal Pictures thriller set to open Sept. 27. Another responds: "At least The Hunt's coming up. Nothing better than going out to the Manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables."

In the aftermath of mass shootings within days of one another that shocked and traumatized the nation, Universal is re-evaluating its strategy for the certain-to-be-controversial satire. The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals.

Over the Aug. 3 weekend, ESPN pulled an ad for the film that it had previously cleared, while AMC ran the spot during the season premiere of its drama The Preacher. It's unclear whether the ads were identical, but the one yanked by ESPN opened with a sound resembling an emergency broadcast signal. A rep for ESPN parent Disney declined to comment on the move, but an ESPN source says no spots for the film will appear on the network in the coming weeks.

According to THR, the movie “features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”

So, you don't mind the real thing so much, right wing nutters shooting up innocent people, but a movie depicting the opposite upsets you. And no one is accusing all conservatives of being deplorable, just the white supremacist, white nationalists, bigoted, racists that happen to be the base of Trumps support. The rest of you are just blind, ignorant, easily led sheep, to put it nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          So, you don't mind the real thing so much, right wing nutters shooting up innocent people, but a movie depicting the opposite upsets you. And no one is accusing all conservatives of being deplorable, just the white supremacist, white nationalists, bigoted, racists that happen to be the base of Trumps support. The rest of you are just blind, ignorant, easily led sheep, to put it nicely.
          You are such a jackass.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I like how Jimmy tries to blame the latest shootings on his political opponents, even though the evidence lands them on his side politically.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Troll harder.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                They are more likely to shoot themselves.

Comment

Working class "deplorables" rounded up and hunted by wealthy elite liberals? This honestly sounds like it's a film that would largely be sympathetic to Trump supporters, not the other way around. In fact, it sounds a LOT like that 90s movie Surviving the Game, where big game hunters (Rutger Hauer) hunt homeless people (Ice-T) who have been gathered up and put into some woods. In that case it was more like conservative types hunting the poor because they hate the poor, or something. The point of that movie, presumably like this one, is that the hunted are to be sympathized with.

This is a bit of a role reversal since, like Surviving the Game, the Purge films (starting with 2, but definitely by 3) were all about wealthy, white, conservative government types killing off minorities since the point of those films is to frame conservatives as mostly white supremacists/nationalists. Both the Purge films and this new film are produced by Blumhouse. I'm going to need more info on this film because the trailer sounds like the opposite of what the article is making it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                    Working class "deplorables" rounded up and hunted by wealthy elite liberals? This honestly sounds like it's a film that would largely be sympathetic to Trump supporters, not the other way around. In fact, it sounds a LOT like that 90s movie Surviving the Game, where big game hunters (Rutger Hauer) hunt homeless people (Ice-T) who have been gathered up and put into some woods. In that case it was more like conservative types hunting the poor because they hate the poor, or something. The point of that movie, presumably like this one, is that the hunted are to be sympathized with.

This is a bit of a role reversal since, like Surviving the Game, the Purge films (starting with 2, but definitely by 3) were all about wealthy, white, conservative government types killing off minorities since the point of those films is to frame conservatives as mostly white supremacists/nationalists. Both the Purge films and this new film are produced by Blumhouse. I'm going to need more info on this film because the trailer sounds like the opposite of what the article is making it out to be.
                    Couldn’t be any worse than the first Super Mario movie.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Sounds like a rereading of the purge films. Honestly, the story just sounds dumb. If you want a film or a couple of films that deal with violence in intriguing ways I can suggest

Battle Royale
                      The Raid Films
                      Seven Samurai
                      The Mad Max films
                      Robocop
                      Nausicaa
                      Etc
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        Couldn’t be any worse than the first Super Mario movie.
                        I can think of worse. Ever seen foodfight?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                          Sounds like a rereading of the purge films. Honestly, the story just sounds dumb. If you want a film or a couple of films that deal with violence in intriguing ways I can suggest

Battle Royale
                          The Raid Films
                          Seven Samurai
                          The Mad Max films
                          Robocop
                          Nausicaa
                          Etc
                          Battle Royale is probably the film that comes closest to the one in the OP, but I can't remember if there was a socio-political element to that film, or if the kids were randomly chosen. Never seen Nausicaa though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                            I can think of worse. Ever seen foodfight?
                            I'm trying to forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              I'm trying to forget it.
                              Everyone has a bad film they want to forget.
                              sigpic

Comment