Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump endorses the Presidency for life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Yes because calling Fox News anchors political hacks and meat puppets means I am defending them in Roy land. Are you done now daddy Roy or is the part where you act all smug without contributing a thing of merit? Can we just skip to the part where you pretend your right, declare victory, and run away without ever proving a thing you said as being anywhere close to reality?
    This is so funny in its irony.

Literally everything in this post is how the majority of this forum has long seen your reasoning and behavior.

Comment

Little slow on the uptake, eh Roy? Let me try to dim this down to your level daddy Roy:

If I make no excuses for bad reporting by consertives and have not once said Fox is better at reporting than CNN why does he continue to try to convince me that CNN is better, if he isn’t defending CNN?
      Did I miss something? Where was I trying to convince you of anything? All I did was state my opinion of FOX, as you had stated yours in regards to other media outlets.

Just because I attack 'X', that's doesn't necessarily mean I support 'Y'.

Comment

And here comes Roy again, riding to the rescue to attempt to defend any atheist from me, just like always. He’s a big boy that doesn’t need daddy Roy to defend him. Now don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
        I'm sorry, did you become a moderator again? He can post where he damn well pleases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          Sure, in the US the NRA / gun manufacturers / Republican think tanks pay people to lie to you. You've got to be wary of that the same way you should be wary of oil companies etc pay people to lie about climate change and the tobacco companies paying people to lie about lung cancer. The easy way to avoid that is to avoid american studies and look at international studies only because the rest of the Western world doesn't have the level of corruption the US does.
          So again, you're making the exact same argument that the other side does.

Comment

Have you read any articles by Mother Jones or Slate? There’s some dooeys with them.
            I won't disagree with the claim Mother Jones or Slate have said some pretty goofy things (particularly Mother Jones), but have they ever done anything quite as wacky as claiming that the government is abducting kids and forcing them to work as slaves on Mars? Because a guy on InfoWars made that claim.

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            No, that'd be you. Cf my current signature.
            Maybe I'm missing an important context, but what exactly is particularly off about the quote in your signature?

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
              Sure, in the US the NRA / gun manufacturers / Republican think tanks pay people to lie to you. You've got to be wary of that the same way you should be wary of oil companies etc pay people to lie about climate change and the tobacco companies paying people to lie about lung cancer. The easy way to avoid that is to avoid american studies and look at international studies only because the rest of the Western world doesn't have the level of corruption the US does.
              Hmm folks ask yourself this are most of the studies that go the way Starlight and other anti rights folks want them to are paid for by George Soros

And the crap about there being 18 school shootings since the beginning of this year there are some facts that the gun grabbing group doesn't want you to see start at 1:45 of this video sorry it is longer then a few minutes but it is important for folks to see who is really lying about this issue.

As for the Florida shooting that guy would never have been able to get any guns much less the AR15 if
              1. obama hadn't set up that young peopel should remain in school no matter how dangerous they showed themselves to be.
              2. the sheriff hadn't said we need to make sure that that school lowers its' violent student count so no one reported him for bring knives and threatening other students.
              3. any of the 40 times the same sheriff's department was called out to handle his threatening behaviour towards his family and shooting around the neighbor hood at neighbors dogs etc..

He would never have been able to get any type gun much less the one he used. Plus gotten all of his guns he already had confiscated all of this under the existing laws it they had been enforced correctly.

Who are the true liars about this subject? not the NRA or conservatives but those who demonize others for holding a different view then they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                Maybe I'm missing an important context, but what exactly is particularly off about the quote in your signature?
                It's a Roy thing... he thinks putting a quote in his signature simply because he disagrees with it is somehow meant to shame the person he's quoting. I've appeared in his signature block once or twice, and I just chuckle because someone unfamiliar with his ideology could very well think that he's agreeing with a perfectly reasonable statement.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                  LPOT's rant is based on the assumption Starlight meant "{lead or chemicals} from fracking" and not the factually more appropriate alternative reading of "lead or {chemicals from fracking}". LPOT then proceeded to rant about Starlight's supposed ignorance for several days without ever considering that she may have misunderstood, despite Starlight telling her where she went wrong.
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    It's a Roy thing... he thinks putting a quote in his signature simply because he disagrees with it is somehow meant to shame the person he's quoting. I've appeared in his signature block once or twice, and I just chuckle because ...
                    ...because you can't see the flaws in your claims.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                      Hmm folks ask yourself this are most of the studies that go the way Starlight and other anti rights folks want them to are paid for by George Soros

And the crap about there being 18 school shootings since the beginning of this year there are some facts that the gun grabbing group doesn't want you to see start at 1:45 of this video sorry it is longer then a few minutes but it is important for folks to see who is really lying about this issue.
                      So there were eight school shootings in the US in six weeks, and eight incidents where a gun was discharged accidentally - including one where a teacher brought a loaded weapon into the classroom and allowed a student to fire it without knowing it was a real gun.
                      As for the Florida shooting that guy would never have been able to get any guns much less the AR15 if
                      1. His medical history had been available during a background check.
                      Last edited by Roy; 03-09-2018, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                        This is so funny in its irony.

Literally everything in this post is how the majority of this forum has long seen your reasoning and behavior.
                        The pot is still trying to tell the kettle how black it is? Perhaps after you’re done with the irony, you’ll get to where I’m wrong and explain how.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                          Did I miss something? Where was I trying to convince you of anything?
                          So if you’re not trying to convince myself or others, why are you on a debate forum?

All I did was state my opinion of FOX, as you had stated yours in regards to other media outlets.
                          “I’m just giving an opinion.” Is often used as a way to have to avoid defending said opinion.

Just because I attack 'X', that's doesn't necessarily mean I support 'Y'.
                          Same true in reverse. Just because I find CNN’s reporting bad doesn’t mean Fox is any better.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            LPOT's rant is based on the assumption Starlight meant "{lead or chemicals} from fracking" and not the factually more appropriate alternative reading of "lead or {chemicals from fracking}". LPOT then proceeded to rant about Starlight's supposed ignorance for several days without ever considering that she may have misunderstood, despite Starlight telling her where she went wrong.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              ...because you can't see the flaws in your claims.
                              Looks like somebody secretly switched Roy's computer monitor with a mirror.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The pot is still trying to tell the kettle how black it is? Perhaps after you’re done with the irony, you’ll get to where I’m wrong and explain how.
                                Firstly, I've already explained my position to you once, I'm not doing it again. Secondly, there is no right or wrong, this is all a matter of opinion.

And thirdly, who do you think you're kidding? I've known you for ten years, and in the time period I'v learned that you will NEVER admit when you're wrong about anything anyways.

Comment