Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    If you want to watch the trial without spin, watch CSPAN - I believe they have no commentary just the video.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    C-Span. It's where I've been watching, when I watch.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I check the CSPAN live feed whenever I can while at work.

https://www.c-span.org/networks/

Comment

uh no it doesn't. "Abuse of Power" is not even a crime. If there was an actual crime they would have made a separate article for it.
        If you would just read the Articles, and watch the trial, you would see the extortion, the quid pro quo, the withholding of appropriated aid, to an ally, Ukraine, in order to defend themselves as well as the U.S. from Russian aggression, as well as the lack of any other logical reason for that hold other than to force Zelensky to publicly announce on CNN that the Ukraine was investigating Biden, than to give advantage to the presidents upcoming re-election bid.
        Just saying it isn't in the articles is not an argument being that it is clearly spelled out in detail in both the articles and at trial.
        All of that is an accusation and an inference of his motives. There is no evidence it is true. And you just admitted it wasn't a crime.
        There is overwhelming evidence, and you guys, being that you are unwilling or unable to overcome your bias, obviously have blinders on, so to speak.
        Last edited by JimL; 01-24-2020, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          If you would just read the Articles, and watch the trial, you would see the extortion, the quid pro quo, the withholding of appropriated aid to an ally Ukraine to do defend themselves as well as the U.S. from Russian aggression, as well as the lack of any other logical reason for it other than to force Zelensky to publicly announce on CNN that the Ukraine was investigating Biden to give advantage the presidents upcoming re-election bid.
          Just saying it isn't in the articles is not an argument being that it is clearly spelled out in detail in both the articles and at trial.

There is overwhelming evidence, and you guys, being that you are unwilling or unable to overcome your bias, obviously have blinders on, so to speak.
          I read the articles. I watched the House Hearings and part of the Trial. No one is charging Trump with the crime of Extortion. Which is an ACTUAL crime with laws against it. Which would be impeachable. The dems, like you, toss out the term with their accusations, but they didn't put it in the Articles nor have they given any actual evidence for it.

Comment

I read the articles. I watched the House Hearings and part of the Trial. No one is charging Trump with the crime of Extortion. Which is an ACTUAL crime with laws against it. Which would be impeachable. The dems, like you, toss out the term with their accusations, but they didn't put it in the Articles nor have they given any actual evidence for it.
            And this sham "obstruction" charge --- it was NOT "obstruction of Congress", it was resisting the very partisan attack on the Presidency by only the DEMOCRATS in ONE CHAMBER of Congress, who ignored the THIRD branch of government.

I hope the Republicans get to that in their rebuttals.

(Right now, Sylvia Garcia is decrying Trump's tweets where he blasts the partisan Democrats for the sham prosecution they're running)
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Again, they've detailed it both in the articles and in their prosecution. If you aren't seeing it, it's simply because you don't want to see it. But I can assure you that your republican representatives in the Senate see it, it's just a matter of whether they are going to put themselves or their country first. Those patriots who chose to stand up for their country and testify against the Presidents orders, putting their own careers on the line, chose to put their country first. We will see how many patriots there are amongst the Republican members of the Senate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                And this sham "obstruction" charge --- it was NOT "obstruction of Congress", it was resisting the very partisan attack on the Presidency by only the DEMOCRATS in ONE CHAMBER of Congress, who ignored the THIRD branch of government.
                And more than that, Trump invoked executive privilege which he is legally entitled to do and is therefore not obstruction by definition.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Again, they've detailed it both in the articles and in their prosecution. If you aren't seeing it, it's simply because you don't want to see it. But I can assure you that your republican representatives in the Senate see it, it's just a matter of whether they are going to put themselves or their country first. Those patriots who chose to stand up for their country and testify against the Presidents orders, putting their own careers on the line, chose to put their country first. We will see how many patriots there are amongst the Republican members of the Senate.
                  ONE SIDE has spoken. Only the prosecution.

Comment

Your fake patriotism is laughable. And your declaring traitors like Schifty Schiff Patriots just goes to how depraved you are.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And more than that, Trump invoked executive privilege which he is legally entitled to do and is therefore not obstruction by definition.
                      So funny to watch the Trumpian mutual admiration society reassure each other about just how right they are.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                        So funny to watch the Trumpian mutual admiration society reassure each other about just how right they are.
                        Apparently I'm so right that you can only respond with an impotent ad hominem.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Where is Charles when you need him?

Comment

No, wrong once again, MM. Trump never invoked executive privilege, and Schiff, had you been listening explained why he didn't. He didn't invoke it because it would have open it up for discovery, and even you can figure out why he didn't want to do that.

Comment

Except for the fact that as usual, you are wrong.

Comment

Yesterday, George Staphylococcus was caught on camera signalling to cut away from Jay Sekulow mid interview so he could "analyze" what Trump's defense lawyers were saying.

https://twitter.com/TimJGraham/statu...rump-lawyer%2F
                                https://grabien.com/file.php?id=807703

He looks a bit embarrassed at having been caught in the act.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment