Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Hey, I never intended for that to be made public!
    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    “You should never tell a psychopath they’re a psychopath. It upsets them.”
    We have confirmation. The police will be there to arrest you any minute now.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

“You should never tell a psychopath they’re a psychopath. It upsets them.”
      Kinda like trying to tell a hysterical person to "calm down" -- it's like pouring gasoline on a dumpster fire.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        presumed
        Roy, what are you doing? Please don’t encourage him. Trump is under investigation because he is a suspect with ‘previous’. On the ladder of innocence and guilt, he is about half way up and only at the top, at trial, if he gets there, is he given the benefit of a fair trial in the Senate. The presumption of innocence is a fiction often confused with fair trial methodology.

People like Trump, walk about in a state, not of innocence, but of not having been caught yet.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Roy, what are you doing? Please don’t encourage him. Trump is under investigation because he is a suspect with ‘previous’. On the ladder of innocence and guilt, he is about half way up and only at the top, at trial, if he gets there, is he given the benefit of a fair trial in the Senate. The presumption of innocence is a fiction often confused with fair trial methodology.

People like Trump, walk about in a state, not of innocence, but of not having been caught yet.
          Besides the principle of "presumption of innocence" is another principle of American jurisprudence that shields an accused from being smeared by past offenses.

Each trial is on the specific charges for which he is currently accused. It is in the "punishment phase" of the trial that past conduct can be entered into the record and considered.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The latest narrative being floated by the Democrats is that Trump committed bribery in order to bring their false accusations in line with what's in the Constitution (bribery and treason being the two explicitly named examples of impeachable crimes), which is of course absurd.

"If your country does X for my country, then my country will do Y for your country" is not bribery but simply how international diplomacy has been done for as long as there have been nations.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Kinda like trying to tell a hysterical person to "calm down" -- it's like pouring gasoline on a dumpster fire.
              The wife is mildly upset.

The husband says, "Calm down, sweetheart."

This never ends well for the husband.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                The latest narrative being floated by the Democrats is that Trump committed bribery in order to bring their false accusations in line with what's in the Constitution (bribery and treason being the two explicitly named examples of impeachable crimes), which is of course absurd.

"If your country does X for my country, then my country will do Y for your country" is not bribery but simply how international diplomacy has been done for as long as there have been nations.
                As has been made clear, when doing it in the interests of the country it's fine, when doing it for your own personal interests, particularly at the expense of the countries interests, it's illegal, unconstitutional, and in this particular case, in my opinion, it's treasonous.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  Turn on my own? I've never been a fan of Bolton or any other neocon from the Bush era.
                  The question was why do you say Bolton is the quintessential definition of the deep state.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I think that they're now saying "bribery" because "quid pro quo" didn't do well in their focus group testing

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I think Donald Trump is guilty of being Donald Trump; That is his crime and it also his punishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        I think Donald Trump is guilty of being Donald Trump; That is his crime and it also his punishment.

That's rich!

Comment

I think Donald Trump is guilty of being Donald Trump; That is his crime and it also his punishment.
                          You win the thread.

Comment

• I peek in on the hearings on occasion, and I always manage to catch Schiff doing his bug eyes.

schiff bug eyes.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Rather, Mueller detailed 10 episodes that could have possibly maybe been obstruction but for which he lacked the evidence (and apparently the professional and personal conviction) to recommend that Trump be indicted. Instead, he passed the buck to the Department of Justice who, after a thorough review of Mueller's findings, "concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."
                              If it’s a “crime” to appoint one’s son on the board of a foreign energy company, surely it’s just as much a crime to appoint one’s relatives to positions of power in the WH that they aren’t qualified for. You’d have ripped Obama as classless for doing the same thing.

Comment

Yet another time I wish we still had POTD

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment