Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Storms Davos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Untrue all. And I do pay my taxes to help those in need, just as do you, the only difference is that I am happy to do so and you are not.
    Interesting how you only "give" what you don't have any choice handing over but say nothing whatsoever about contributing to charities or doing anything outside of paying taxes. And I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that you're one of those who gets back more than you put in (receiving the "Earned" Income Tax credit -- EIC) so of course you are "happy to do so."

And if not, you do realize that you can send even more money to the government than what you are required to do. Funny how those who claim that they are "happy" to pay taxes never seem to do this.
    Last edited by rogue06; 01-29-2018, 11:31 AM. Reason: remove repetitive "over"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Nobody should reveal their charitable giving. Jesus was clear that it is to be secret. Thus I feel asking is out of bounds.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Nobody should reveal their charitable giving. Jesus was clear that it is to be secret. Thus I feel asking is out of bounds.
        I don't publicly reveal what I give. I even send money orders so that it is anonymous. But there is nothing wrong about saying that you do give to charities. And I don't think jimmy cares what Christ says about giving to charities.

ETA: And since I give anonymously I also have never claimed a tax deduction for any contributions. The only reason that I'm even saying any of this here is that almost nobody (only two or three people even know my real first name) here has any idea of who I am.
        Last edited by rogue06; 01-29-2018, 11:28 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jimmy isn't Christian. and he doesn't give to charity. He's a hypocrite. He claims to be an advocate for the underprivileged and poor, yet he only pays taxes all the while complaining about us Christians who do give to charity.

Comment

Thats correct, jesus or not, and I wish people would stop boasting about how personally generous they are as an argument against their tax dollars going to help the needy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Jimmy isn't Christian. and he doesn't give to charity. He's a hypocrite. He claims to be an advocate for the underprivileged and poor, yet he only pays taxes all the while complaining about us Christians who do give to charity.
              You have no idea what you're talking about Sparko, so stop making up lies in order to make yourself feel superior.

Comment

You have no idea what you're talking about Sparko, so stop making up lies in order to make yourself feel superior.
                what lie is that?

Comment

what lie is that?
                  The lie I responded to. That's how it works, Sparko

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    Isn't JimL a trustfund baby?
                    Yep. Ironic that he's the one complaining about silver spoons. Jim's a gift that keeps on giving.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Only morons think paying your taxes is a form of charity.
                      Oh, another very solid argument from Mountain Man.
                      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Yep. Ironic that he's the one complaining about silver spoons. Jim's a gift that keeps on giving.
                        So you decided to join in on the lying game I see, OBP. What is it with you christians here on tweb, are you all just inveterate liars and hypocrites?

Comment

The lie I responded to. That's how it works, Sparko
                          So you can't say what I lied about then?

Comment

So you decided to join in on the lying game I see, OBP. What is it with you christians here on tweb, are you all just inveterate liars and hypocrites?
                            You have to actually specifiy what you are claiming someone is lying about JimL not just make a vague accusation. And you have to substantiate that they are lying. Accusations of lying without substantiation is against our rules.

Comment

Jim, accusing somebody of being a liar without substantiating the claim is a serious offense. So, which part(s) of Sparko's statement are you calling (a) lie(s) ?
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't think that's as ironclad as some people think, after all, there's "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven". (matt 5:16)
                                But I think this is worth discussing, so how bout making your best case for "nobody should"?
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment