Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Storms Davos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I don't think that's as ironclad as some people think, after all, there's "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven". (matt 5:16)
    But I think this is worth discussing, so how bout making your best case for "nobody should"?
    I'd be interested in a thread on this topic.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I am not talking about paying taxes. I am talking about giving your money to help the poor directly.
      Or giving significant amounts of time, because, as they say, "time is money".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I'd be interested in a thread on this topic.
        Where would it best be put, Christianity? Would it be best, probably, to have this a Christians only thread, so it doesn't get bogged down in other issues?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't think that's as ironclad as some people think, after all, there's "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven". (matt 5:16)
          But I think this is worth discussing, so how bout making your best case for "nobody should"?
          I simply don't see a reason not to take Jesus literally here. Good deeds in general can be apparent to others, and goodness is a fruit of the spirit, but Jesus seemed to single out charitable giving in particular as something to be done in secret. If others find out about it, so be it, but Jesus words are clear to me: for us to publicize it seems to negate any spiritual benefit.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Where would it best be put, Christianity? Would it be best, probably, to have this a Christians only thread, so it doesn't get bogged down in other issues?
            I'd think so, yeah.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              I'd think so, yeah.
              OK, here.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                So you decided to join in on the lying game I see, OBP. What is it with you christians here on tweb, are you all just inveterate liars and hypocrites?
                It explains why 80% of Evangelicals voted for the inveterate liar and hypocrite Donald J Trump.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

German media has admitted to boosting the audio during Trump's speech to make the booing appear louder than it really was.

----------

ARD released a clip of the speech on the Twitter account for its popular news programme “Tagesschau” in which distinct boos could be heard directly after the President’s comments. A short time later the programme admitted it had boosted the volume of the audio in order to showcase the booing. The show has since been accused of “manipulation”, Stern reports.

Those behind the programme wrote on Twitter, “We did actually make the sound a little louder at the end so that you can hear the booing. Only in this way can we reflect what our correspondents have reported.”

Editor-in-chief of the German tabloid newspaper Bild Julian Reichelt called out those involved saying it was, “hard to imagine that you would have done the same for applause.”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018...-davos-speech/
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    It explains why 80% of Evangelicals voted for the inveterate liar and hypocrite Donald J Trump.
                    Should Evangelicals have voted for the inveterate liar and hypocrite Hillary R Clinton instead?
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      So you decided to join in on the lying game I see, OBP. What is it with you christians here on tweb, are you all just inveterate liars and hypocrites?
                      When you call someone a liar, have you considered pointing out what you think is a lie in his/her statement?

Are you, or are you not, independently wealthy as you have previously alleged?
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

not sure who jiml thinks he's fooling, we've all seen that statement
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Are you daft? Look, you have two flawed candidates. One supports the majority of policies you do, the other supports almost none of the things that you do. Which one would you vote for Tass?
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Are you, or are you not, independently wealthy as you have previously alleged?
                            Maybe he thinks "independently wealthy" means living off of government handouts.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Maybe he thinks "independently wealthy" means living off of government handouts.
                              I've wondered that - as long as the checks keep getting auto-deposited into his account, and expenses are low because he's living in his mommy's basement...

Comment

Perhaps to an dishonest ignoramus who wants to promote that false narrative. You're becoming more like your version of Trump every day, Trumpman.

Comment