Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Clearly a more loving and less judgmental “sort of crap” than your church teaches.
    While Christ is love there is definitely judgment involved. Liberals want to ignore that and preach a "different gospel" -- one that is replete with feel-good fakery and "I'm OK. you're OK" falsehoods.

But leave it to an atheist to think that's what Christianity should be doing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Just as Pete Buttigieg's homosexuality doesn't "disqualify him for the office of POTUS".
      Did anybody claim that it did, Dumbo?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Clearly a more loving and less judgmental “sort of crap” than your church teaches.
        Wow, here's the judgmental hate-filled anti-Christian bigot trying to wax eloquent on love and acceptance!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          While Christ is love there is definitely judgment involved. Liberals want to ignore that and preach a "different gospel" -- one that is replete with feel-good fakery and "I'm OK. you're OK" falsehoods.

Liberals have gender-changed Jesus into a sissy wimp.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            By which you mean, presumably, YOUR judgement. The Buttigieg’s of this world obviously think differently.

Merely noting that there’s often a conflict of scriptural interpretation between Christians.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

By which you mean, presumably, YOUR judgement. The Buttigieg’s of this world obviously think differently.

Merely noting that there’s often a conflict of scriptural interpretation between Christians.
              Not to mention hypocrisy amongst themselves.

Comment

So, tell me, what makes him a better authority on the Bible than anybody else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  The answer is self evident, surely ... his interpretation is acceptable.
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                    The answer is self evident, surely ... his interpretation is acceptable.
                    I've asked you not to call me that in public.

Comment

I've asked you not to call me that in public.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I didn't say it did. But obviously Buttigieg’s interpretation of scripture is different to yours and without an infallible authority to determine which is the one true, correct interpretation, his is just as valid as yours.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

I didn't say it did. But obviously Buttigieg’s interpretation of scripture is different to yours and without an infallible authority to determine which is the one true, correct interpretation, his is just as valid as yours.
                          No "obviously" at all - that would apply only to sections of scripture that are inherently ambiguous and without explicit clarification elsewhere. Such sections are not unknown.
                          Most commonly, differences arise because people impose their own meanings on this or that point, even if they must redefine words to do it.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Since this thread had expanded to include not only Buttgiggy's verbal attacks on Trump, but also on Pence --

Can someone (preferably at least one sane Christian someone) explain to me what things VP Pence has said or done to arouse the ire of Buttgiggy?
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              Since this thread had expanded to include not only Buttgiggy's verbal attacks on Trump, but also on Pence --

Can someone (preferably at least one sane Christian someone) explain to me what things VP Pence has said or done to arouse the ire of Buttgiggy?
                              March 26, 2015: Gov. Mike Pence signs the discriminatory so-called “Religious Freedom Restoration Act” into law, which allows individuals and businesses the ability to discriminate against LGBT individuals. The legislation leads to enormous national criticism, with hundreds of voices decrying the legislation and its potential impact on Indiana’s economic future.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                                Since this thread had expanded to include not only Buttgiggy's verbal attacks on Trump, but also on Pence --

Aside from wanting the top job and therefore needing some political target, and needing to remove Pence from the seat to get it?

Originally posted by seer View Post
                                March 26, 2015: Gov. Mike Pence signs the discriminatory so-called “Religious Freedom Restoration Act” into law, which allows individuals and businesses the ability to discriminate against LGBT individuals. The legislation leads to enormous national criticism, with hundreds of voices decrying the legislation and its potential impact on Indiana’s economic future.
                                Seer's point seems to be about it.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment