Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians and Trump--two perspectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy View Post
    How about toning down the hostility? 😆
    Need a tissue?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by hedrick View Post
      Yes. Here’s the most detailed treatment of his faith that I’ve seen. https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/polit...ney/index.html
      I got a kick out of this....

The cathedral is part of the Episcopal Church, the American branch of Anglicanism. Considered the "church of the establishment" for much of American history -- 11 US presidents have been Episcopalian -- the church of late has been known as a forerunner of progressive theology.

A fancy way of saying that the apostasy is well under way.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh well. If Christians support Trump's corruption, that's their own problem. I'm no longer associated with that.
        If you are now an infidel, why does your "Faith" still say "Christian"?
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Oh well. If Christians support Trump's corruption, that's their own problem. I'm no longer associated with that.
          Is this an indication that you are no longer Christian?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            If you are now an infidel, why does your "Faith" still say "Christian"?
            I am a Christian. I'm no longer associated with the Trump church, those who attempt to follow two masters, while claiming that they "Don't follow Trump".
            Did Trump tell you to call me an infidel? You become like the one you follow..

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Is this an indication that you are no longer Christian?
              I don't know. Apparently, in order to be a Christian I have to follow Donald Trump. I can't do that. So while I have been a Christian for 35 years, I don't know what I am any more.
              Is following Trump an indication that you are no longer Christian?

Comment

The Church's support of immoral Donald Trump broke my heart. My church felt like home, and now I feel homeless.
                I'm sad that all of this happened. I wish that the Church would leave Trump.

Comment

I am a Christian. I'm no longer associated with the Trump church, those who attempt to follow two masters, while claiming that they "Don't follow Trump".
                  wow

Comment

I don't know. Apparently, in order to be a Christian I have to follow Donald Trump.
                    Are you incapable of understanding that somebody who voted for Trump as an alternative to Hillary doesn't necessarily "follow Donald Trump" today?

I can't do that. So while I have been a Christian for 35 years, I don't know what I am any more.
                    It sounds like your salvation, such as it is, wasn't rooted in Jesus, because HE hasn't changed!

Is following Trump an indication that you are no longer Christian?
                    So, a couple of honest questions - let's see if you can give straight honest answers:

A) Do you believe abortion is a horrible thing?
                    2) Do you believe same sex unions are biblical?
                    C) Do you believe the Bible instructs us to pray for those who are in power?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Are you incapable of understanding that somebody who voted for Trump as an alternative to Hillary doesn't necessarily "follow Donald Trump" today?

It sounds like your salvation, such as it is, wasn't rooted in Jesus, because HE hasn't changed!

So, a couple of honest questions - let's see if you can give straight honest answers:

A) Do you believe abortion is a horrible thing?
                      2) Do you believe same sex unions are biblical?
                      C) Do you believe the Bible instructs us to pray for those who are in power?
                      A yes
                      B no
                      C yes. And I do.

Now give me a "straight honest answer" (if you can):
                      Should Christians support immorality by supporting Trump?

Comment

A yes
                        B no
                        C yes. And I do.
                        Appreciated! And those first two things would have been extremely problematic with Hillary in the Whitehouse. That third thing - might I suggest you do more of that?

I love giving straight answers!

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Seriously -- I have NUMEROUS times called him a jackass and NUMEROUS times suggested somebody outta hijack his Twitter account.
                        So, besides praying for him daily, how is that "supporting his immorality"?

You're beginning to sound like a mini-me of one of our most notorious anti-Christian bigots who loves to attack Christians by calling them Trumpsters and "followers of Trump".
                        He can get away with that - he's lost as a goose.

You, sir, have a higher responsibility.

Comment

My faith is still in Jesus Christ. I left the Church when they left Jesus to put their faith in Donald Trump. I still pray that they will leave Trump and return to Jesus Christ.

Comment

Appreciated! And those first two things would have been extremely problematic with Hillary in the Whitehouse. That third thing - might I suggest you do more of that?

I love giving straight answers!

Seriously -- I have NUMEROUS times called him a jackass and NUMEROUS times suggested somebody outta hijack his Twitter account.
                            So, besides praying for him daily, how is that "supporting his immorality"?

You're beginning to sound like a mini-me of one of our most notorious anti-Christian bigots who loves to attack Christians by calling them Trumpsters and "followers of Trump".
                            He can get away with that - he's lost as a goose.

You, sir, have a higher responsibility.
                            Ha! I knew you wouldn't give a "straight honest answer".

And you already KNOW that I don't support Clinton, so your bogus charges about me wanting Hillary in the Whitehouse are exposed for the smokescreen that they are.
                            You KNOW that if 80% of Evangelicals approved of immoral Hillary, I would speak the same to them. But they don't. They support Immoral Trump.

You voted Trump into office, after hearing his immoral words and what they said about his character, so yes. You supported his immorality. He said he could do anything and get away with it, and you voted "yes, yes you can do anything and get away with it" .

Comment

I didn't need anyone to "tell me."
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

A yes
                                B no
                                C yes. And I do.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment