Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fox News isn't working for Trump anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News isn't working for Trump anymore?

If you believe Fox News never worker for Trump, you disagree with Trump on that.

In one of his recent tweets he wrote: “The New @FoxNews is letting millions of GREAT people down! We have to start looking for a new News Outlet. Fox isn’t working for us anymore!”

In other words, Trump agrees with those who have claimed Fox News was working for Trump in their more “fair and balanced” approach.

Quite interesting to see the no-longer-so-chosen-one reveal so much about his view and journalism. It is going to be interesting to see how things develop.

The Washington Post has an interesting analysis:

It’s not the first time Trump has attacked Fox in recent months. He’s applying increasing pressure on the network and apparently hoping it yields even more favorable coverage. His strategy makes sense: Publicly urging supporters to move to another channel, such as the ridiculously pro-Trump One America News Network, could have a significant effect on Fox’s bottom line.

But as mentioned above, this is a symbiotic relationship — it’s not a one-way street. Just as Fox could lose viewers if it alienates Trump and he pushes people to other outlets, Trump relies upon Fox to inform and, in many cases, rally his base. In fact, it’s so influential to such a huge portion of his base that, if it were to buck him over his threats or even just be somewhat less favorable, it could conceivably do him real damage in his 2020 reelection race. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...?noredirect=on
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

As I said in another thread, the way Trump works is if you are doing something he likes, you are The Best, Terrific, a Good Friend, but if you are doing something he doesn't like, you are The Worst! Terrible! So Sad!

It's just the way he talks. Tomorrow Fox can be the best again if they do something he likes.

Comment

Hasn't FOX News been bought out by a leftist media company now?

Comment

When the good folks at Fox start getting tingles up their arms when speaking of Trump, I'll get worried.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          As I said in another thread, the way Trump works is if you are doing something he likes, you are The Best, Terrific, a Good Friend, but if you are doing something he doesn't like, you are The Worst! Terrible! So Sad!

It's just the way he talks. Tomorrow Fox can be the best again if they do something he likes.
          Right, and he expects his base supporters to follow his lead, which the lemmings usually do. Like you, making excuses for him; No big deal "it's just the way he talks." The way he talks should tell you what he is, dumbell.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Right, and he expects his base supporters to follow his lead, which the lemmings usually do. Like you, making excuses for him; No big deal "it's just the way he talks." The way he talks should tell you what he is, dumbell.
            You mean like you do?

Comment

I think he's partially right - Fox is moving a tiny bit moderate. But part of what he's complaining about is Fox's tightening of its journalism.

And yeah, we do need another large conservative outlet. And a broadening of conservative outlets in general.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                I think he's partially right - Fox is moving a tiny bit moderate. But part of what he's complaining about is Fox's tightening of its journalism.

And yeah, we do need another large conservative outlet. And a broadening of conservative outlets in general.
                My best friend favors OANN, except that they frequently rerun taped news segments throughout the day. I don't like it as well as FNC.

(For comparison, here is Wikipedia's article on FNC.)
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Yes, you need more outlets to tell you what you want to hear. Lies that is!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Yes, you need more outlets to tell you what you want to hear. Lies that is!
                    Nah, we have CNN and MSNBC for listening to lies 24/7.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Comment

Once again it needs to be pointed out that while some of the commentators, most notably Sean Hannity, are indeed enamoured with Trump, the actual news departments are run by folks who have never been anywhere close to pro-Trump. Shepard Smith, who hosts the news during the day openly displays his loathing for Trump on nearly a daily basis. In fact, he's so blatant about it that recently Joe Scarborough of MSNBC's[1] Morning Joe proclaimed "in Shep we trust." Chris Wallace, Fox's other main anchor, is much more moderate but also could never be regarded as pro-Trump by any stretch of the imagination.

1. the network that an Obama official declared that their Administration "loves"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Once again it needs to be pointed out that while some of the commentators, most notably Sean Hannity, are indeed enamoured with Trump, the actual news departments are run by folks who have never been anywhere close to pro-Trump. Shepard Smith, who hosts the news during the day openly displays his loathing for Trump on nearly a daily basis. In fact, he's so blatant about it that recently Joe Scarborough of MSNBC's[1] Morning Joe proclaimed "in Shep we trust." Chris Wallace, Fox's other main anchor, is much more moderate but also could never be regarded as pro-Trump by any stretch of the imagination.
                          Agreed, Fox has a few good an ethical journalists, tokens such as Shep Smith and Chris Wallace, but the bulk of their prime time so called news is naught but conservative propaganda. Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura ingraham, The Five, Jeanine Pirro, and even Fox and friends. They are not doing journalism, they, like Trump himself, are conveyors of lies, even though they are lies conservatives like you want to hear and believe. Joe Scarborough, btw, is a conservative, but unlike the majority of the right wing constituency, he's not a dumbed down lemming easily swayed by the con man and his propaganda army.

Comment

MBNBC Retraction

The latest in a long line of MSNBC and CNN reporting outright lies and conspiracy theories.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

MBNBC Retraction

The latest in a long line of MSNBC and CNN reporting outright lies and conspiracy theories.
                              O'Donnell is saying that he should have waited to air the story until after it went through the "rigorous verification and standards process."

Is this the same "rigorous verification and standards process" that were used when the MSM claimed that the kids from that Kentucky Christian school harassed that poor Native American?

The same "rigorous verification and standards process" that were used when the MSM claimed that the police viciously gun downed the "gentle giant" Michael Brown in Ferguson?

The same "rigorous verification and standards process" that were used when the MSM claimed that Brett Kavanaugh was a rapist?

The same "rigorous verification and standards process" that were used when the MSM claimed for nearly 3 years that Trump colluded with the Russians and would be impeached at any moment? Where the released "bombshell" after "bombshell" that all turned out to be bereft of details like facts and evidence.

Those "rigorous verification and standards process[es]"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment