Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jim Acosta has 'never witnessed' news outlets trying 'to damage one particular party'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Acosta has 'never witnessed' news outlets trying 'to damage one particular party'

---
    CNN’s Jim Acosta says he has never witnessed an instance where new outlets try to “damage one particular party or help another.”

The network’s chief White House correspondent — a persistent critic of President Trump — told Publishers Weekly magazine that his peers, from what he’s witnessed, have always been straight shooters when it comes to covering the White House.

“Is there a grain of truth to claims of biased coverage of President Trump and his supporters by the mainstream media?” the magazine asked in an interview published Tuesday.

“I have never witnessed a concerted effort by any news organization to take a stand one way or the other on a political issue, to damage one particular party or help another,” he responded. “We have been far more honest and straightforward with the American people than President Trump has. Are there times when we fall short? Sure. But the press issues corrections. When was the last time you saw the president issue a correction or a clarification? It’s a rare thing for Donald J. Trump.”

Mr. Acosta’s response came while promoting his book “The Enemy of the People,” which excoriates the Trump administration.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...utlets-trying/
    ----

Surprisingly this is NOT a Babylon Bee article.

bless is little pea-pickin heart
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Just another example of how the media elitists are out of touch with the average Joe.
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

During the McCain/Obama race and later Romeny/Obama, there studies done that showed that for every one positive story about Obama's opponents, there were four about Obama, and for every one negative story about Obama, there were four about his opponents.

I'm not sure what the coverage disparity was between Hillary and Trump.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
          Just another example of how the media elitists are out of touch with the average Joe.
          This guy is out of touch with reality, in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            ---
            CNN’s Jim Acosta says he has never witnessed an instance where new outlets try to “damage one particular party or help another.”

The network’s chief White House correspondent — a persistent critic of President Trump — told Publishers Weekly magazine that his peers, from what he’s witnessed, have always been straight shooters when it comes to covering the White House.

“Is there a grain of truth to claims of biased coverage of President Trump and his supporters by the mainstream media?” the magazine asked in an interview published Tuesday.

“I have never witnessed a concerted effort by any news organization to take a stand one way or the other on a political issue, to damage one particular party or help another,” he responded. “We have been far more honest and straightforward with the American people than President Trump has. Are there times when we fall short? Sure. But the press issues corrections. When was the last time you saw the president issue a correction or a clarification? It’s a rare thing for Donald J. Trump.”

Mr. Acosta’s response came while promoting his book “The Enemy of the People,” which excoriates the Trump administration.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...utlets-trying/
            ----

Surprisingly this is NOT a Babylon Bee article.
            The problem is that Trump consistently says really lame and stupid things - like that on his watch the CIA would not have been allowed to recruit Jim Jong Un's brother - and they call him on it.

So if a person is deluded into thinking Trump doesn't consistently say really lame and stupid things, they tend think the reporters are biased against him.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              The problem is that Trump consistently says really lame and stupid things - like that on his watch the CIA would not have been allowed to recruit Jim Jong Un's brother - and they call him on it.

So if a person is deluded into thinking Trump doesn't consistently say really lame and stupid things, they tend think the reporters are biased against him.

Jim
              Yet even if that is true, Acosta's remarks still are not. The MSM has been focused on and attacking Trump for the last 3 years. This thread is about Acosta and his comments, not what Trump has done or not done. And it is not a serious thread Jim, so lighten up.

Comment

Yet even if that is true, Acosta's remarks still are not. The MSM has been focused on and attacking Trump for the last 3 years. This thread is about Acosta and his comments, not what Trump has done or not done. And it is not a serious thread Jim, so lighten up.
                ox is under the same delusion as Acosta, that Trump really is the most horrible person ever, and that the media is doing nothing more than reporting the truth dispassionately and without bias, which I'm not sure how anybody could say that with a straight face.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

riggggghhhht: Jim comments on thread. Thread is about trump. -> tell jim to go away.

My comment is in the same 'spirit' as the thread. So YOU lighten up.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                    Is he also out of touch with the little Joes?

Comment

riggggghhhht: Jim comments on thread. Thread is about trump. -> tell jim to go away.

My comment is in the same 'spirit' as the thread. So YOU lighten up.

Jim

My point is that Acosta said that the MSM hasn't been focused on attacking one person (Trump obviously) yet, even if Trump is as bad and responsible for it as you say, the result is STILL the MSM has been focused on attacking him for the last 3 years. So Acosta is in denial. He is one of the worst when it comes to being obsessed with Trump.

Comment

My point is that Acosta said that the MSM hasn't been focused on attacking one person (Trump obviously) yet, even if Trump is as bad and responsible for it as you say, the result is STILL the MSM has been focused on attacking him for the last 3 years. So Acosta is in denial. He is one of the worst when it comes to being obsessed with Trump.
                        I don't see it that way (pretend to be surprised )

Trump invites the sort of negative attention he gets - day in and day out. They are focused on him and continuously critical of him because of what he does every day, and with each day he seems to manage to raise the bar one more notch in terms of the absolute absurdity of his actions and policies. Do you suppose that ANYONE can proclaim to the nation that if a foreign adversary gives him dirt on a political opponent that he will take it gladly and NOT get the full, negative, attention of the news media and anyone with half an ounce of sense that has a public voice? And do you suppose that any reporter, not matter how objective, will not over 3 years of the same build a reputation among those that ignore all of this that they are 'biased against him'?

The problem is that those of you that would prefer Trump be in office over the alternative is that you are motivated and willing to overlook so much that you just can not longer perceive that this man is and always has been off the charts in terms of warranting negative press and attention. You've looked the other way so long you just can't see how bad it is. It's what happens to people that, for example, live near a paper mill. How can they live there you say, the smell is Soooo bad! But if you live there, you've grown accustomed to it. You don't smell it any more.

Jim

Comment

I don't see it that way (pretend to be surprised )

Trump invites the sort of negative attention he gets - day in and day out. They are focused on him and continuously critical of him because of what he does every day, and with each day he seems to manage to raise the bar one more notch in terms of the absolute absurdity of his actions and policies. Do you suppose that ANYONE can proclaim to the nation that if a foreign adversary gives him dirt on a political opponent that he will take it gladly and NOT get the full, negative, attention of the news media and anyone with half an ounce of sense that has a public voice? And do you suppose that any reporter, not matter how objective, will not over 3 years of the same build a reputation among those that ignore all of this that they are 'biased against him'?

The problem is that those of you that would prefer Trump be in office over the alternative is that you are motivated and willing to overlook so much that you just can not longer perceive that this man is and always has been off the charts in terms of warranting negative press and attention. You've looked the other way so long you just can't see how bad it is. It's what happens to people that, for example, live near a paper mill. How can they live there you say, the smell is Soooo bad! But if you live there, you've grown accustomed to it. You don't smell it any more.

Jim

so back to what you said above:

They are focused on him and continuously critical of him
                          So you admit that Acosta was wrong then? Thanks.

Comment

so back to what you said above:

So you admit that Acosta was wrong then? Thanks.
                            No. Journalists are not biased in their focus on him. He invites it, demands it. If they were not focused on him, they would not be doing their jobs. In fact, NOT reporting the absurdities that are Trump would reflect bias, not the other way 'round. In states like China and Russia, leaders can't be criticized for the bad things they do. The media is not allowed to focus in on corrupt leaders that do not act in the best interests of their country. That is not true in the US.

Jim

Comment

No. Journalists are not biased in their focus on him.
                              So, what is the color of the sky in your world?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment