Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump claims to be taking Hydroxochloroquine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    It seems I struck a nerve with you. I'd my lying if I said that wasn't intentional ;).
    Oh hardly, you would think that someone bragging about how smart he is, would at least know how dumb of a question that was.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Oh hardly, you would think that someone bragging about how smart he is, would at least know how dumb of a question that was.
      I'm not bragging about how smart I am. I'm saying that when you decide to speak to me as if you're clearly way smarter than me you should probably try not to blow it so badly like you did last night :).

And I have no idea what question you are even referring to. You seem want to change the topic from OBP's link, which was supposed to show that things weren't horribly mismanaged in this country when it naturally showed the opposite, to discussing testing. I have no idea why.

Comment

I'm not bragging about how smart I am. I'm saying that when you decide to speak to me as if you're clearly way smarter than me you should probably try not to blow it so badly like you did last night :).
        Or like you’re blowing it now?

And I have no idea what question you are even referring to. You seem want to change the topic from OBP's link, which was supposed to show that things weren't horribly mismanaged in this country when it naturally showed the opposite, to discussing testing. I have no idea why.
        OPB? You mean BTC, right? It really didn’t prove it all because we don’t know the infection rates for most of the world’s population so without knowing that, we can’t give a hard number.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Or like you’re blowing it now?

OPB? You mean BTC, right? It really didn’t prove it all because we don’t know the infection rates for most of the world’s population so without knowing that, we can’t give a hard number.
          Why don't you tell me what ODB's original point was and how I blew it in my response. It's clear we don't have the same picture of the conversation in our minds.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
            We have a term for lying when the truth will (supposedly) do just fine.
            Right...

The quote accurately represented what Biden actually said (likening taking a prescription medication with injecting yourself with Clorox, which is an insane analogy no matter how you spin it), but since he didn't use those exact words to make his ridiculous point, you're trying to give him a pass.

Come on, man!
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Right...

The quote accurately represented what Biden actually said (likening taking a prescription medication with injecting yourself with Clorox, which is an insane analogy no matter how you spin it), but since he didn't use those exact words to make his ridiculous point, you're trying to give him a pass.

Come on, man!
              "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man enter heaven."

What a *ridiculous* analogy! What does heaven have to do with a needle!?

(OMG DO. Now you're making an analogy between something you just said and something Jesus said!)

Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Right...

Come on, man!
                "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man enter heaven."

What a *ridiculous* analogy! What does heaven have to do with a needle!

Sheesh.

Comment

Why don't you tell me what ODB's original point was and how I blew it in my response. It's clear we don't have the same picture of the conversation in our minds.
                  You’re the smart one, tell me or do I need to give you the answer?
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You’re the smart one, tell me or do I need to give you the answer?
                    Your call. I'm fine with your ignorance hanging in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                      Your call. I'm fine with your ignorance hanging in the air.
                      I see you still need help... let me throw you a bone:

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...n=homeAdUOA?Si
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post

What a *ridiculous* analogy!
                        Not a ridiculous analogy at all since what Jesus was said is true, that those who cling to earthly wealth will find it exceedingly difficult to give it up for heavenly rewards.

On their other hand, what Dementia Joe said is NOT true, that taking a well-known and time-tested medication with a doctor's supervision is nothing at all like injecting yourself with poison.

Come on, man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Not a ridiculous analogy at all since what Jesus was said is true, that those who cling to earthly wealth will find it exceedingly difficult to give it up for heavenly rewards.

On their other hand, what Dementia Joe said is NOT true, that taking a well-known and time-tested medication with a doctor's supervision is nothing at all like injecting yourself with poison.

Come on, man!
                          What, *precisely*, is the difference between a prescription medication and a "poison." Be *very* specific.

Comment

What a *ridiculous* analogy! What does heaven have to do with a needle!?

(OMG DO. Now you're making an analogy between something you just said and something Jesus said!)

Sheesh.
                            Wow, you’re an idiot.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

What, *precisely*, is the difference between a prescription medication and a "poison." Be *very* specific.
                              Very little.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                                A prescription medication is a controlled substance that is known to have beneficial medicinal qualities when taken as recommended by a medical professional. A poison (like Clorox) has no beneficial medicinal qualities and is not safe to take in ANY quantity.

Another way to look at: a medical professional will never prescribe you take a poison like Clorox.

Come on, man!

Comment