Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs Rule, Cats Drool...

Dog owners are much happier than cat owners, survey finds

But when you break the data down by pet type – cats, dogs or both – a stunning divide emerges: Dog owners are about twice as likely as cat owners to say they’re very happy, with people owning both falling somewhere in between.

Dog people, in other words, are slightly happier than those without any pets. Those in the cat camp, on the other hand, are significantly less happy than the pet-less. And having both appears to cancel each other out happiness-wise. (Since someone’s bound to ask, it isn’t possible to do this same type of analysis for say, rabbit owners or lizard owners or fish owners, since there aren’t enough of those folks in the survey to make a statistically valid sample).

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/04/...-survey-finds/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post

Dog owners are much happier than cat owners, survey finds

But when you break the data down by pet type – cats, dogs or both – a stunning divide emerges: Dog owners are about twice as likely as cat owners to say they’re very happy, with people owning both falling somewhere in between.

Dog people, in other words, are slightly happier than those without any pets. Those in the cat camp, on the other hand, are significantly less happy than the pet-less. And having both appears to cancel each other out happiness-wise. (Since someone’s bound to ask, it isn’t possible to do this same type of analysis for say, rabbit owners or lizard owners or fish owners, since there aren’t enough of those folks in the survey to make a statistically valid sample).

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/04/...-survey-finds/
    They only think they're happier. It's just that they pick up the goofy, stinky, gallumphing, knocking-small-children-down-as-they-beeline-for-their-food-dish behaviour of their dogs.

Some dog owners even start to look like their dogs. This guy sure doesn't look happy.

IMG_0957.JPG

Cat owners, on the other hand, take on their feline companions' characteristics of serenity, peaceful enjoyment of their surroundings, cleanliness, and the ability to look on the people around them as lesser, necessary evils.

And, frankly, it's the dogs who drool.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

There is no such thing as a cat owner.

Cats fool people into becoming their servants.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

It's just that they pick up the goofy, stinky, gallumphing, knocking-small-children-down-as-they-beeline-for-their-food-dish behaviour of their dogs.
        Yeah cat's don't need a reason for being a jerk because they just are

As for stinky... Two words: litter box

And, frankly, it's the dogs who drool.
        And cats that cough up a hairball on your bed, couch or antique rug.
        Last edited by rogue06; 04-06-2019, 01:48 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Yeah cat's don't need a reason for being a jerk because they just are

[img]https://sp.mycdn.me/image?id=875905643598&t=44&plc=WEB&tkn=*pgVwJbS5FT jZkNpz3_L-rfowW54[/img]

As for stinky... Two words: litter box

And cats that cough up a hairball on your bed, couch or antique rug.
          Haters gotta hate.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Haters gotta hate.
            So that explains your post

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I didn't say I hate dogs.

I just like cats better.

Comment

I just like cats better.
                I hear there is medication for that...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  I hear there is medication for that...
                  The dog ate it.

Comment

Intelligent people also are more likely to report being unhappy. Just saying... connect the dots...

Comment

I can say I am much happier since I got my puppy! He makes me laugh every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I can say I am much happier since I got my puppy! He makes me laugh every day.
                        See if you got a cat you would be more miserable everyday... Good choice...

Comment

Adopt Pinky. Click picture to play.

Comment

Who else instantly realized that letting the cat get between your spread legs was not going to go well?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Who else instantly realized that letting the cat get between your spread legs was not going to go well?
                              When cats panic, it's usually best to just let go.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment