Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time For Martial Law...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    In the sense that has been amplified by these events, and which you would prefer to pretend did not exist. And that attitude is deeply responsible for where we are.

Black people are poorer, more likely to die by gun violence. Receive worse education, live under worse physical conditions, and are more likely to be arrested and punished than their white counterparts, even accounting for the higher percentage of crime fostered by those same negative, crime ridden environments.

Wake up seer. The reality of it is erupting all around you. These protests are real and arise out of the common experience of the black community nationwide.
    Again Jim, I'm not sure what else we can do. We have poured billions of dollars into the inner cities through social welfare programs. You have more negative encounters with police simply because you have much more crime. When you have 70% of black men abandoning their children what do you expect? Government can not fix that. And families in the inner city (like 80%) are begging for school vouchers - why is the left standing in their way?
    Last edited by seer; 06-01-2020, 10:55 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

In the sense that has been amplified by these events...
      "Amplified" is the correct word, but not in the way you think. The media tends to blow white on black crime out of proportion while all but ignoring black on white or even black on black crime. This gives the false impression that white on black crime is more prevalent than it really is and leads to social unrest. In fact, blacks are far more likely to be killed by other blacks than by people of other races.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        I think he might end up as Biden's running mate. There is no rule against a former president running as a VP.

Third term by proxy.
        No, he can't. Because if something happened to Biden, he would become President, and he can't because he has already had two terms, so he is disqualified from being VP.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          No, he can't. Because if something happened to Biden, he would become President, and he can't because he has already had two terms, so he is disqualified from being VP.
          He could be president via proxy his wife Michelle. If that happens, and especially if they drop Biden for someone else, we're in deep trouble this election.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Again Jim, I'm not sure what else we can do. We have poured billions of dollars into the inner cities through social welfare programs. You have more negative encounters with police simply because you have much more crime. When you have 70% of black men abandoning their children what do you expect? Government can not fix that. And families in the inner city (like 80%) are begging for school vouchers - why is the left standing in their way?
            This is mostly the oversimplified racist rhetoric that is perpetuating the problem. Just as with the Arbery case, it is an attempt to shift blame onto black people and or the left, when what needs to happen is the real problems (like inequities wrt policing/punishment) need to be acknowledged and then dealt with. blaming the oppressed is not being a part of the solution, it is part of perpetuating the problem.

As I have pointed out several times. The inequity wrt police exists even if you account for the higher crime induced by the environment.

But even that ignores the causes of that higher crime environment in the first place, which hail back to the legacies of racism which include poverty and racial violence and oppression both in the past and in the present.

The causes are plural. And the connections to slavery and racism are very long and complex. Solving the problem is a huge problem, massive in scale.

But it will never be solved by the sorts of denial and excuse making found in your post.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

WOW, flipping channels, I heard some black leaders on Fox News speaking about the race riots and all that's going on.

They make WAY MORE SENSE than the loony left trying to make excuses for the "suffering" and, and have flat out called for the looters and insurrectionists to stop detracting from and diluting the message of those who are actually suffering.

They sound JUST LIKE the real life black liberals I work with every day.

AND, we had a "protest" in one of our public parks where the police were invited, and it was durn-near a LOVE-IN --- even moreso than what we've seen in Houston where black men are coming up and hugging police officers in the middle of the street.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                "Amplified" is the correct word, but not in the way you think. The media tends to blow white on black crime out of proportion while all but ignoring black on white or even black on black crime. This gives the false impression that white on black crime is more prevalent than it really is and leads to social unrest. In fact, blacks are far more likely to be killed by other blacks than by people of other races.
                Again, just more excuse making. The inequities are real and cannot be explained to any significant degree by any existing left leaning media bias, underscoring that your presentation of the issue as you have done here is itself grossly oversimplified and biased.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  WOW, flipping channels, I heard some black leaders on Fox News speaking about the race riots and all that's going on.

They make WAY MORE SENSE than the loony left trying to make excuses for the "suffering" and, and have flat out called for the looters and insurrectionists to stop detracting from and diluting the message of those who are actually suffering.

AND, we had a "protest" in one of our public parks where the police were invited, and it was durn-near a LOVE-IN --- even moreso than what we've seen in Houston where black men are coming up and hugging police officers in the middle of the street.
                  It would be best, honestly, if we can move beyond left/right labels. It is time to work toward solving the problem together as opposed to focusing on what drives us all apart.

Comment

It would be best, honestly, if we can move beyond left/right labels. It is time to work toward solving the problem together as opposed to focusing on what drives us all apart.
                    Ignoring reality never solves problems.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A prayer vigil at the scene of Floyd's death is calling for peace. There was one guy walking around seemingly attempting to stoke emotional responses, but this guy - a reverend from New York, is calling for peace, while still calling the murder what it was.

We need more of this. "The Family is calling for PEACE", he declares.

ETA -- wow, Terrence, George Lloyd's brother, is making a very impassioned plea for peace --- "IF I'm not blowing stuff up, burning things down ... what are Y'ALL doing?... my family is a family of peace....."

Wow... he says "you know why they let you destroy stuff? Because it's OUR stuff - they WANT us to destroy OUR stuff....." Let's do it another way....
                      Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-01-2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

This is mostly the oversimplified racist rhetoric that is perpetuating the problem. Just as with the Arbery case, it is an attempt to shift blame onto black people and or the left, when what needs to happen is the real problems (like inequities wrt policing/punishment) need to be acknowledged and then dealt with. blaming the oppressed is not being a part of the solution, it is part of perpetuating the problem.

As I have pointed out several times. The inequity wrt police exists even if you account for the higher crime induced by the environment.

But even that ignores the causes of that higher crime environment in the first place, which hail back to the legacies of racism which include poverty and racial violence and oppression both in the past and in the present.

The causes are plural. And the connections to slavery and racism are very long and complex. Solving the problem is a huge problem, massive in scale.

But it will never be solved by the sorts of denial and excuse making found in your post.
                        Oversimplified racist rhetoric? Please stay out of my thread Jim...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Actually this never happened before so I don't think anyone can know what will happen except the SCOTUS will make the final call. They could easily rule that Obama could be Vice President but be ineligible for President if something happens to Biden which would give us, as of this moment, President Pelosi.
                          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                            Actually this never happened before so I don't think anyone can know what will happen except the SCOTUS will make the final call. They could easily rule that Obama could be Vice President but be ineligible for President if something happens to Biden which would give us, as of this moment, President Pelosi.
                            The wording of the 22nd amendment leaves a tad bit of ambiguity.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

George Floyd's brother and a civil rights leader were holding a prayer meeting and calling for peaceful protests and condemning the looting and violence.

Comment

George Floyd's brother and a civil rights leader were holding a prayer meeting and calling for peaceful protests and condemning the looting and violence.
                                Yeah, I started a new thread on that.

But it's worthwhile posting here, as well... let's listen to the black dude and ignore the blabbering of the white dudes.

Comment