Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Baha'i Faith - Satan and the ego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Source: Abdul-baha The Promulgation of Universal Peace 1912

Therefore, Christ really promulgated Judaism; for he was a Jew and not opposed to the Jews. He did not deny the Prophethood of Moses; on the contrary, He proclaimed and ratified it. He did not invalidate the Torah; He spread its teachings. That portion of the ordinances of Moses which concerned transactions and unimportant conditions underwent transformation, but the essential teachings of Moses were revoiced and confirmed by Christ without change. He left nothing unfinished or incomplete. Likewise, through the supreme efficacy and power of the Word of God He united most of the nations of the East and the West. This was accomplished at a time when these nations were opposed to each other in hostility and strife. He led them beneath the overshadowing tent of the oneness of humanity. He educated them until they became united and agreed, and through His spirit of conciliation the Roman, Greek, Chaldean and Egyptian were blended in a composite civilization. This wonderful power and extraordinary efficacy of the Word prove conclusively the validity of Christ. Consider how His heavenly sovereignty is still permanent and lasting. Verily, this is conclusive proof and manifest evidence.

© Copyright Original Source

How is this relevant?
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      How is this relevant?
      The Baha'i view towards other religions and Judaism is positive. The devastating role of the Ego remains the primary problem fo the violence of the world.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I am not aggressive, but I have been persistent in the face of your avoidance of the issue. If you feel the rhetoric in question is not anti-Jewish, why won't you ask Jews what they think of this rhetoric? If the language is not offensive, why won't you use the same language for members of the Baha'i faith?
        I have given my explanation many times. The person I declared my faith to was a converted Jew, and has no problem with the citations concerning Judaism in the Baha'i Faith, and is very understanding of the problem of Ego in Judaism and all religions of the world as the dark side of human nature.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

The Baha'i view towards other religions and Judaism is positive. The devastating role of the Ego remains the primary problem fo the violence of the world.
          Positive until they do not accept your view of revelation, then it becomes negative.

Comment

I have given my explanation many times. The person I declared my faith to was a converted Jew, and has no problem with the citations concerning Judaism in the Baha'i Faith, and is very understanding of the problem of Ego in Judaism and all religions of the world as the dark side of human nature.
            Again, someone who accepts your view of revelation, but for his fellow Jews, those who do not accept your view of revelation, they are cursed and wrapt in the densest veils of satanic fancy, God has laid hold of them for their sins, and extinguished in them the spirit of faith, and tormented them with the flames of the nethermost fire.

Comment

Positive until they do not accept your view of revelation, then it becomes negative.
              Again, someone who accepts your view of revelation, but for his fellow Jews, those who do not accept your view of revelation, they are cursed and wrapt in the densest veils of satanic fancy, God has laid hold of them for their sins, and extinguished in them the spirit of faith, and tormented them with the flames of the nethermost fire.
              The sky is Carolina Blue on a clear day at noon on the 4th of July. It is obvious since the first human to walk the earth to reject the first 'Adam' likely many millennia ago, and the violence of the Ego leaves a trail of blood through history.
              Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-14-2015, 12:17 PM.

Frank

Comment

There is another interesting witness to the relationship of the Baha'i Faith to the State of Israel and its citizens. In Israel on Mount Carmel is the Baha'i World Center and the Baha'i Faith is the first religion to recognize the State of Israel 1985. There is a long standing friendship between the Baha'is, the State of Israel and the Jews of Israel. The Holy sites are among the most popular for marriage ceremonies.

Frank

Comment

The sky is Carolina Blue on a clear day at noon on the 4th of July. It is obvious since the first human to walk the earth to reject the first 'Adam' likely many millennia ago, and the violence of the Ego leaves a trail of blood through history.
                  Is this meant as a justification for such anti-Jewish rhetoric??

Comment

Is this meant as a justification for such anti-Jewish rhetoric??
                    It is not anti-Jewish rhetoric. Your stuck in Groundhog day.

It justifies nothing. The Baha'i Faith has the closest friendly relationship with Judaism than any other religion or church.

Frank

Comment

It is not anti-Jewish rhetoric. Your stuck in Groundhog day.

It justifies nothing. The Baha'i Faith has the closest friendly relationship with Judaism than any other religion or church.
                      Do you consider it a positive, neutral or negative thing to say that the Jews are cursed?

Comment

Do you consider it a positive, neutral or negative thing to say that the Jews are cursed?
                        It is a self imposed problem of the Ego. It is what it is.

Frank

Comment

But is is a positive, neutral, or negative thing to say about the Jews that they are cursed?

Comment

But is is a positive, neutral, or negative thing to say about the Jews that they are cursed?

Your Groundhog Day agenda makes dialogue problematic, and I have difficulty taking you seriously.
                            Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-15-2015, 07:19 AM.

Frank

Comment

Your Groundhog Day agenda makes dialogue problematic, and I have difficulty taking you seriously.
                              The only thing impeding dialogue is your refusal to answer this question directly. When one says that the Jews are cursed, do you consider that to be a positive thing to say about the Jews, neutral, or negative?

Comment

The only thing impeding dialogue is your refusal to answer this question directly. When one says that the Jews are cursed, do you consider that to be a positive thing to say about the Jews, neutral, or negative?
                                ALL questions have been answered. It is your insistence on a hostile agenda that has colored our dialogue here and other issues concerning the Baha'i Faith over time.

Frank

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X