Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The strange greatness of Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    so I have no further response.
    Oh, if only that were true!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I am just glad you are not in charge of the country, Carp. You have no idea how anything works, yet you think you are an expert.
      So let's put this broadside to the test. Please pick out specifically which part of my post was factually inaccurate and relate it. After all, if "I have no idea how things work," and what I am saying is inaccurate, I'd like to know it so I can stop posting inaccurate information.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

So let's put this broadside to the test. Please pick out specifically which part of my post was factually inaccurate and relate it. After all, if "I have no idea how things work," and what I am saying is inaccurate, I'd like to know it so I can stop posting inaccurate information.
        /carp mode/ I already told you previously. I can't be bothered to repeat myself. /carp mode/

Comment

/carp mode/ I already told you previously. I can't be bothered to repeat myself. /carp mode/
          OK - I just went back through all of your posts, and do not find a single place where you have identified a statement I've made about how the government works that is incorrect. You've made a lot of opinion-based assertions, and you clearly don't like the idea of the popular vote, but I find no place where you have identified a specific point I made about the operation of our government that was in error.

I'm going to assume the broadside was another case of hyperbole and leave it at that. We clearly disagree on the popular vote at the national executive level. I didn't expect otherwise.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

OK - I just went back through all of your posts, and do not find a single place where you have identified a statement I've made about how the government works that is incorrect. You've made a lot of opinion-based assertions, and you clearly don't like the idea of the popular vote, but I find no place where you have identified a specific point I made about the operation of our government that was in error.

I'm going to assume the broadside was another case of hyperbole and leave it at that. We clearly disagree on the popular vote at the national executive level. I didn't expect otherwise.
            Obviously your skills at reading my posts is as lacking as your knowledge of the government. I have no further response so I will let you have the last word.

Comment

Obviously your skills at reading my posts is as lacking as your knowledge of the government. I have no further response so I will let you have the last word.
              Obviously you're blowing smoke, or you wouldn't have a problem identifying even one place where this has happened.

Consider that the last word

Comment

Obviously you're blowing smoke, or you wouldn't have a problem identifying even one place where this has happened.

Consider that the last word
                That would actually be zyzzogeton or Zyzzyva, depending on the dictionary.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  That would actually be zyzzogeton or Zyzzyva, depending on the dictionary.
                  OK - have it your way.

Sparko, consider this the zyzzyva!

(you know, I think I'm going to remember that and keep it handy! It's kinda fun...)

ETA: So do you know what the FIRST word is? No fair peeking...

Comment

OK - have it your way.

Sparko, consider this the zyzzyva!

(you know, I think I'm going to remember that and keep it handy! It's kinda fun...)

ETA: So do you know what the FIRST word is? No fair peeking...
                    I do, actually.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I do, actually.
                      And it is....?

(sheesh...I have to tell this boy everything....)

Comment

And it is....?

(sheesh...I have to tell this boy everything....)
                        The first word in "the dictionary" is "the"! Is THAT so difficult?

Comment

The first word in "the dictionary" is "the"! Is THAT so difficult?

(your joke would have been better if I had actually said "do you know what the first word in the dictionary is? Alas - for you - I didn't.

Comment

(your joke would have been better if I had actually said "do you know what the first word in the dictionary is? Alas - for you - I didn't.
                            So true.

Comment

• I believe the first word is Aardvark.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                                I believe the first word is Aardvark.
                                I thought so too...but it turned out I was wrong.

The first word is "a"

Comment