Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    I've never had any reluctance to criticise my fellow campers, and I don't post here nearly as much as I used to.
    FWIW, i see you mostly targetting ideas and on the whole only engaging in insults after youve been the target of the same. Your contributions on the intellectual side are always first class. Holding a standard I can only aspire to at this point.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      FWIW, i see you mostly targetting ideas and on the whole only engaging in insults after youve been the target of the same. Your contributions on the intellectual side are always first class. Holding a standard I can only aspire to at this point.

Jim
      Don't belittle yourself, Jim, you've always been slower on the trigger than I have.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
        I've never had any reluctance to criticise my fellow campers, and I don't post here nearly as much as I used to.
        You claim that members of this site are reluctant to criticize those in their own camp, so it's a little ironic that this whole tangent is because oxmix has been frequently called out for hypocrisy by his fellow Christians, and he's gotten his nose thoroughly out of joint because of it.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

...and pretty much all you do is pick nits and hurl insults these days; rarely do I see that directed at you first. Be part of the solution, not the problem.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            You claim that members of this site are reluctant to criticize those in their own camp, so it's a little ironic that this whole tangent is because oxmix has been frequently called out for hypocrisy by his fellow Christians, and he's gotten his nose thoroughly out of joint because of it.
            I've had disagreements with those 'in my own camp' here plenty of times. If I think, e.g., Tassman is correct on something, I'm not hesitant to support that either.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And again you attack me, not the actual ideas I propose. Criticism of an idea is fine. "You are unhinged from reality" is not criticism of an idea. It is a criticism of me. "That idea is unhinged from reality" would be an opinion about the idea. When is the last time I told you that you were unhinged from reality. Or that you were mentally ill because the ideas you hold differ from my own? Do you not understand the difference between ad hominem which focuses attention on what is wrong with the person and actual debate of an idea?

You can call out an idea without calling out the person. None of you seem aware of that, and in fact, you are blatantly hypocritical about it. You have not the slightest concern about saying the most vile things about me the person while if I even hint that one of you is not a perfectly sane upstanding person you go completely ballistic.

I hope each of you has to deal with what I've dealt with from you. You have no clue - not one.

This website, this forum, represents the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Christians beating up on one another. It's like you took Galations 5 and decided to turn it on its head, day in and day out. And it doesn't matter if the target of your putrid bile is Christian or non-Christian. Everyone gets the same treatment if they dare to think differently from you. As far as I am concerned, the only person you treat worse is JimL, and I have no clue why he bothers to interact with you at all.

Jim
              I'd like you to take another look at your interactions with me in the last few pages.

I suggested that you had moved the goalposts.

In your first reply #755 you used mocking smilies and derisive language.

only the overly literal minded without a capacity to think in the abstract could arrive at that conclusion.

Do you really suppose my reference to Trump's adultery was meant to be a literal example of the point made ??

In your next post #757 you again used insulting language, implying that those who disagreed with you (i.e., me) were less than intelligent.

Let me spell it out for you in teeny tiny phrases
              To spell that out in simple terms for those lured by Trump's Pied Piper's Pipe
              I haven't insulted you personally in any way in this thread, or at all, to the best of my recollection, yet you have the gall to claim that everyone here insults you. I'd appreciate that you modify that statement so as to reflect reality, and apologise for your insults to me earlier.
              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                There are more camps than just Christians vs atheists.
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

There are more camps than just Christians vs atheists.
                  Does oxmixmudd call out anti-trumpers like JimL and Tassman when they get things wrong? I can't recall it.
                  ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                    Does oxmixmudd call out anti-trumpers like JimL and Tassman when they get things wrong? I can't recall it.
                    I can't recall either, but I'd be surprised if he didn't (unless some-one else got there first).

P.S. I feel closer to Trump than any of you today.

Comment

Clearly you have no intent to ever converse in any positive manner with me. This is pointless.

you are on ignore - permanently.

Jim
                      I believe this is a good decision, Jim.

You and MM are like oil and water. You push each other's buttons way too much.

And I AM still your friend, whether you believe me or not, or even whether you reciprocate or not.

Comment

P.S. I feel closer to Trump than any of you today.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          You could be describing me here.
                          Same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I believe this is a good decision, Jim.

You and MM are like oil and water. You push each other's buttons way too much.

And I AM still your friend, whether you believe me or not, or even whether you reciprocate or not.
                            Thanks, as with mossy's comment - I do appreciate that. And I think you are correct that it is time for MM to disappear from my world on TWEB. It will better for everybody.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Thanks, as with mossy's comment - I do appreciate that. And I think you are correct that it is time for MM to disappear from my world on TWEB. It will better for everybody.

Jim
                              Hmmm... so it's all my fault.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I don't recall GHWB getting that treatment. Maybe that's why he picked Dan Quayle as VP?
                                That's an interesting point!
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment