Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

JPHolding considers me a nut - that is why I am here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Upon reflection, JPH is correct.
    For getting here right?

Nutso much what he meant, since he had made the judgement earlier.
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post

2) When I try to help someone out on grammar, like on FB or on a forum where a PM is possible, I do so per PM - not on a discussion where it clogs the context for other issues, usually. This time you did however give a real hand by the other analyses, where I could show that I am not as much of a beginner as you thought.
      Actually, I never said or implied you were a beginner. In fact, I was trying to imply that you are past the point of beginner correction, because native speakers will correct big issues, but not smaller issues.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I have drawn lines between the examples to not jumble it all together, starting each with your quote of me, then your comment, then my clarification.
        I'm only cutting out the rest because I only wish to respond to epithet. Epithet may have been spelled with two Es in some old writings but that is because English did not have universal spelling before the modern era. Lots of words were spelled in a variety of ways, for example, at the time of the founding fathers in the eighteenth century. That does not mean it is the current spelling. I mean, if you want to spell like an 18th century Englishman, whatevs.

ETA: you may be wanting for a division between regular and final S, though. You could always use f for your regular S.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
          I'm only cutting out the rest because I only wish to respond to epithet. Epithet may have been spelled with two Es in some old writings but that is because English did not have universal spelling before the modern era. Lots of words were spelled in a variety of ways, for example, at the time of the founding fathers in the eighteenth century. That does not mean it is the current spelling. I mean, if you want to spell like an 18th century Englishman, whatevs.
          Thank you so humbly! :)

ETA: you may be wanting for a division between regular and final S, though. You could always use f for your regular S.
          No, I can't.

Spelling and ductus are two things and I find it horrid when f is used instead of the long s.

Sorry for not living up to expectations ... :/

Comment

Actually, I never said or implied you were a beginner. In fact, I was trying to imply that you are past the point of beginner correction, because native speakers will correct big issues, but not smaller issues.
            Sorry for misunderstanding.

Comment

Well, hansgeorg, I think you have some refreshing insights to offer, and I hope you stick around. This can be a fun community, but it helps to have a thick skin. I noticed your comment on the world flood and the Alps, and it might be interesting if you brought that up in the Natural Science 301 section, if you don't mind a heated discussion. Personally, I always like to learn how other people view things, even if I disagree with them.
              Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Natural Science 301?

Noted!

Comment

yeah Hans! I think you are a bit wacky, but I like you. We are all wacky around here to a certain extent. Just be careful of the blog links and you will do fine.

PS, you can put links to your blogs in your signature block, which you can edit here:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/pr...=editsignature

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    PS, you can put links to your blogs in your signature block, which you can edit here:
                    Did so, with an expression of gratitude.

Will see if it works now ...

Comment

It didn't?

Comment

It didn't?
                        It did.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Did so, with an expression of gratitude.

You are welcome. The reason we don't allow personal links in the message body itself is because if there ends up being something wrong with the link, we would have to go through and edit every post with that link, but if it is in the signature, then if we have to change it, we can just change it in the signature block and it changes it everywhere.

Comment

And I will quit quitting on the TWeb, since we are in the subject of quitting on quitting....
                            Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                            As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              The reason we don't allow personal links in the message body itself is because if there ends up being something wrong with the link, we would have to go through and edit every post with that link, but if it is in the signature, then if we have to change it, we can just change it in the signature block and it changes it everywhere.
                              There was one time when I changed three blog urls.

I am not doing it again.

If I can avoid it at all.

When I link, it is usually to a particular post, and therefore the url I give is unique. Also, as I have 36 blogs, I am obviously not linking to the same one each time.

Links not to "personal" links also go awry.

Comment

You have 36 blogs?
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X