Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary in 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Nixon lost the general election in 1956?
    He lost in 1960. He was renominated, after losing, in 1968, and won.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

But they're nothing but a bunch of irredeemable deplorables, and as she added while in Mumbai, India, backwards.
      THAT, my friends, is the kind of crap that cost her the presidency - NOT the Russians!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

00000000000000ars1d2.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Btw, the gold "throne" has long ago been debunked even by those on the left.
          Wot no gold-plated toilet? This is the man who regularly boasts he has everything gold, his New York home boasts gold ceilings, golden plant pots and a gold lift.

But they're nothing but a bunch of irredeemable deplorables, and as she added while in Mumbai, India, backwards.
          Well she got that right.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Well she got that right.
            You seem particularly degenerate today, Tass - everything OK?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well she got that right.
              And that attitude is likely the primary reason her campaign went down in flames (and deservedly so).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And that attitude is likely the primary reason her campaign went down in flames (and deservedly so).
                EGGzackly -- "somebody doesn't agree with me, so they're deplorable" -- that's such an idiotic and judgmental attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  EGGzackly -- "somebody doesn't agree with me, so they're deplorable" -- that's such an idiotic and judgmental attitude.
                  not following this thread but - really? And you support Trump?

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    not following this thread but - really?
                    Can you please elaborate on that, cause I have no idea what you're getting at.

And you support Trump?
                    No. Some of his policies, yes, and his SCOTUS nominations, definitely, but, generally, not really.

Jim
                    CP

Comment

Unlikely, considering Trump was not particularly kind to his detractors either.

I don't think someone can zero in on any "primary" reason for the election result. But on a meta basis, I think one of the biggest is simply that people have grown weary of what they regard as the "establishment." Bernie Sanders may not have won the primary but he did startlingly well against a candidate that was presumed to be a shoo-in. And on the other side, remember the finalists of the Republican primary were Trump and Cruz, neither of which can be considered "establishment". Heck, Jeb Bush (about as "establishment" as Hillary) was stomped in the primary despite having more campaign funds than anyone else.

Turning against the "establishment" isn't just limited to the United States. Look at the most recent election in Mexico. Look at Brexit. Look at the all of the votes the two primary parties in Germany lost in the last election (even if they still retained enough to, after considerable struggle, repeat their coalition). Look at Italy's last parliamentary election. Look at France's last presidential election. The extent may differ, but we're seeing Western country after Western country have their voters turn against whatever they regard as the "establishment". And there's very few people who are more "establishment" than Hillary Clinton was.

Again, there were many factors involved. But I think frustration with "establishment" was a major factor.

Comment

No the reason Hillary lost the election, but NOT the popular vote, is because Putin meddled in the 2016 election with the express purpose of helping Trump and hurting Hillary's chances...as determined by US Intel Agencies and the Senate Committee.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

If Hillary runs in 2020 the Democrats honestly deserve to lose. Losing to Donald Trump should have been a chance for them to restructure and revitalise and come back again, but if they're going to serve that stale old piece of meat on the table, one more time, I'll laugh at them as they lose and mock them for it for the next four years.

Comment

No the reason Hillary lost the election, but NOT the popular vote, is because Putin meddled in the 2016 election with the express purpose of helping Trump and hurting Hillary's chances...as determined by US Intel Agencies and the Senate Committee.
                            The year 2037, Tassman weeps softly in his bed at the asylum as he breathes his last breath, muttering, "the Russians... the Russians.... Trump... the Russians....."

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Can you please elaborate on that, cause I have no idea what you're getting at.

No. Some of his policies, yes, and his SCOTUS nominations, definitely, but, generally, not really.

CP
                              You are criticizing Hillary for having the attitude "somebody doesn't agree with me, so they're deplorable" which applies even more so to DT.

With DT, if your not ready to worship him, you are of no use to him.

I just don't see that as a valid thing to try to hail as a cause to reject "the Hillory". It's even worse with "the Donald".

At least "the Hillory" has the common sense to know you don't kick sand in your friend's face while playing suck-up to your mortal enemies.

Jim
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                I just don't see that as a valid thing to try to hail as a cause to reject "the Hillory". It's even worse with "the Donald".
                                A) I don't believe I have ever called Hillary "The Hillory", so that's just unfair
                                2) It's by far NOT the only reason to reject Hillary
                                C) I'm tolerating Trump just like I tolerated Obama - a major difference being that Trump actually delivered on one of the major issues Hillary would not - SCOTUS - something about which I care very deeply

Comment