Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Churches reclosing due to Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, Sean, if you admit you don't attend church, perhaps you should consider holding off on declaring other people not to be Christians.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Also, Sean, if you admit you don't attend church, perhaps you should consider holding off on declaring other people not to be Christians.
      Did he actually say "not a Christian"?
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Did he actually say "not a Christian"?
        He has previously said he does not believe Jim is a Christian, yes.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

That's fair. I don't think not going to church is necessarily a mark of someone who's a fake Christian, especially considering I live in a very urban part of LA, so it's difficult, if not impossible, for me to find a church that hasn't been infected with liberalism. I admit I'm not prefect, especially in my aggressive and blunt persona online (though I'm not THAT bad in person). So if someone judges "my fruit" as being suspiciously not Christian-like, I'm cool with it. That's their opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Please. Give those of us who are being careful to do what we need to do a little bit of credit.
            A little bit of credit? Are you asking me to do what you say, but not what you do?
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Not all Christians posting here are "only thinking about themselves." Personally, I work from home and have an online business, and I don't attend a church (probably not a good thing, but it is what it is) so none of this affects me negatively, other than wearing the mandatory mask to get around on public transit and buy essentials, which I think is retarded but I tolerate it, not a big deal. My sister, who lives in Frisco has a family with two kids and is getting hit hard by the economic consequences of this. Thankfully we have assets our mother left us that might help them get through. I would imagine there are millions of families out there like her in even worse situations. I'm thinking about them, you arrogant, self-righteous, judgemental ass.
              I am sure there are many on this site that will be quite thrilled with your highlighted, final comment.

---

Unfortunately you thinking it is retarded is exactly the attitude I'm talking about and DivineOB is talking about.

Is it really retarded to try to make sure that if you have covid-19 but are asymptomatic, you do not kill or injure some of the people you interact with that might get much sicker than you? Because that is what wearing a mask helps to do. It protects the people around you from the danger you are to them.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That's fair. I don't think not going to church is necessarily a mark of someone who's a fake Christian, especially considering I live in a very urban part of LA, so it's difficult, if not impossible, for me to find a church that hasn't been infected with liberalism. I admit I'm not prefect, especially in my aggressive and blunt persona online (though I'm not THAT bad in person). So if someone judges "my fruit" as being suspiciously not Christian-like, I'm cool with it. That's their opinion.
                I know of a church in your area that hasn't been infected with liberalism and stands true to God's word. If you are interested, pm me.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  A little bit of credit? Are you asking me to do what you say, but not what you do?
                  What? I thought I was perfectly clear. How did you get what you said I was saying out of what I was saying.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                    Lol....what? How many discussions on this board has been about all the precautions many of us have been implementing? Talk about a broad brush.

Firstly, coming together as a group to worship is a protected right of any religion here in the United States.
                    AND, we are told in the Bible not to forsake the assembling...

Secondly, in some places (looking at you, New York!), at least ONE religion (Islam) were being allowed to gather in worship while others (Jews and Christians) were not. (Edited: I'm finding out this isn't true anymore). In a LOT of places, including California, stores and eateries are allowed to stay open while churches can't, no matter what precautions we take just like the stores!

Thirdly, churches DO cooperate with the shutdowns and reopening guidelines!

My own denomination has a good history of cooperation with authorities starting with the Spanish flu. (We believe in divine protection and healing but we are not idiots. We cooperate with current knowledge of health and science!). But we Christians have a Biblical directive to gather. Some 500 pastors have sent notice to the Governor that on 31 May they will reopen with social distancing and restricting the number of people etc. May 31 is the date because it's Pentecost, the official anniversary of the birth of church through the Holy Spirit.

I see a lot of people speaking against our efforts out of fear.
                    God Bless Texas!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      2 whole churches? With 3 and 7 cases? Wow... Are you suggesting they caught it from attending services?
                      Well, YEAH, cause NONE of them ever go to Walmart or Home Depot!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        ...Do you know that I missed my granddaughter's birthday this past weekend for the first time in 11 years....
                        Wait, WHAT?!?!?!?! IS she having two birthdays a year or something?????

Comment

My focus is on strict applications of rule of law. I have been told on here before that hypothetically, an
                          Individual brought here against their will as a small child is morally obligated to self deport because the law is the law. Such an austere adherence to the rule of law (especially when immigration law is muddled to the point of legislation like the Dream Act tacitly condoning violations in such case) does not comport with open flouting of laws enacted, rightly or wrongly, for public safety.
                          And another aspect of this is that NEITHER side wants to address this seriously because it continues to be campaign fodder.

Comment

Would they not have been susceptible to influenza viruses? What precautions were they taking to avoid those viruses before the great panic of 2020? I would presume the same precautions could have been followed, no?
                            There's no good excuse for being unaware of flu shots.

Comment

I want to clarify one thing: I think if the church lockdown order kept on going indefinitely, there would be a case for civil disobedience because like Bill said, it's a constitutional violation. I'm not sure the constitution says anything about businesses; you could maybe make a case, but it's not open and shut like it is for freedom of religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Wait, WHAT?!?!?!?! IS she having two birthdays a year or something?????
                                I know! It's awful! She's turning into a beautiful young lady and I can't seem to stop it!

But, we digress.

Comment