Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Militant Atheism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Why, thank you... thankyouverymuch.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      Yeah...I'd run too if I were you. I personally don't find it amusing when people edit my posts to say what THEY want it to say. I find the practice childish.

And, for the record, the concept of "everyone else" already includes me...
      00000000000000ara.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]31560[/ATTACH]
        Certainly one of the more mature posts I've seen...
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

What do you expect, it comes from my brudder!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

00000000000000ars.png

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]31563[/ATTACH]
              And yet another mature response...

Comment

What do you expect, it comes from my brudder!
                Your brother needs a bit of seasoning.

In all honesty, I'm not impressed that Rogue spends a lot of time thinking through concepts and arguments. His go-to seems to be memes and cartoons. It's not exactly a basis for an in-depth discussion.

Comment

And yet another mature response...
                  It's my brudder. I so proud!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's my brudder. I so proud!
                    You need medication...

Comment

You need medication...
                      Perhaps, because for, an old fart, the only 'medication' I'm on so far is a baby aspirin every morning, and I'm beginning to see research that I need to stop that.

Comment

Perhaps, because for, an old fart, the only 'medication' I'm on so far is a baby aspirin every morning, and I'm beginning to see research that I need to stop that.
                        For a while there, I was getting polypharmic as I took one recommendation after another for stuff I HAD to take. When I realized I was taking enough pills each morning to constitute a breakfast, I started weeding out all of the "suggested" pills. I got to zero with no net change in my health. Now, when people say, "you should take X - it's done wonders for me" I nod politely and thank them for their advice. Then promptly forget it...

Comment

For a while there, I was getting polypharmic as I took one recommendation after another for stuff I HAD to take. When I realized I was taking enough pills each morning to constitute a breakfast, I started weeding out all of the "suggested" pills. I got to zero with no net change in my health. Now, when people say, "you should take X - it's done wonders for me" I nod politely and thank them for their advice. Then promptly forget it...
                          forget what?

Comment

forget what?
                            NVM

Comment

NVM
                              Maybe you should take that gunko bambozo for your memory! (or whatever it's called, I forget)

Comment

Maybe you should take that gunko bambozo for your memory! (or whatever it's called, I forget)
                                I think it's ginkgo biloba.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X