Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Corona - Life in lockdown Denmark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    Wasn't that Jorge?
    Magellan, IIRC.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Magellan, IIRC.
      Proving once again you've got a better memory than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
        Supersport could stack crazy on end for days. Only poster on the internet I've ever seen get dressed down by the author of a paper he was abusing, who had to register to tell him to cease and desist. Way to go and get him.
        The electromagnet thing was from Magellan2004. He was a hoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          The electromagnet thing was from Magellan2004. He was a hoot.
          Magellan was the gift that kept on giving -- and he even provided his own illustrations!

Here are two I saved showcasing his understanding of evolution:

m004 starfish.jpg
          Yup, evolution says starfish evolved from fish mating with stars

Magellan HorseMutation1.jpg
          In order for a creature to evolve longer legs it had
          to take place 1 leg at a time

Another one was his declaring that if you found your keys in your pocket that does not disprove that they're in a desk drawer.
          Last edited by rogue06; 03-18-2020, 01:25 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I remember Magellan. Must have missed the electromagnet thing then.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]43344[/ATTACH]
              Yup, evolution says starfish evolved from fish mating with stars
              That's not true?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Grocery stores have put up tables with hand sanitizers and latex gloves for shoppers.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  Grocery stores have put up tables with hand sanitizers and latex gloves for shoppers.
                  Most grocery stores around here have had wipes and hand sanitizer at the front of the store for years.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Most grocery stores around here have had wipes and hand sanitizer at the front of the store for years.
                    And I have used those to wipe off the cart handles and the baby seat where I put my purse for years now.

Of course, I have to wash my hands when I come in from outside after filling the birdbath when the only things I've touched are my door handles.

Go figure.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      That's not true?
                      He was ... special

To be fair he is not the only one out there claiming stuff like this so perhaps that's where he got it from (giving it his own twist)

Originally posted by rogue06
                      I should add that the Turkish Holocaust denying creationist Harun Yahya (real name Adnan Oktar)[1] has his own "interesting" version of this. From his website:
                      Originally posted by What Does "A Transitional Form" Fossil Mean?
                      ...Evolutionists say that fish, for example, have come from a creature that resembles a starfish. This means that one day, due to mutation, a starfish lost one of its arms, and during the next millions of years it lost all of its arms except for some that started by themselves to develop into fins.

Source

Folks, this is just the sort of thing you just cannot make up. Here is an image from that webpage illustrating what he is babbling on about:

And here from his gloriously inept book Atlas of Creation is this including the caption:

00000000000000ab000-00aaaL2.jpg
                      For example, evolutionists claim that starfish evolved into real fish over millions of years.
                      According to that claim, there must exist many transitional forms between the two species.
                      However, not one fossil belonging to any such transitional form has ever been found.
                      There are starfish and fish in the fossil record, but no forms between the two.

1. Yahya and his group which are widely known for his use of blackmail, extortion and threats of violence against opposition, use of cocaine, and encouraging a theocratic revolution, were enthusiastically embraced by the Institute for Creation Research (ICR), the YEC group founded by the "Father of the modern creationist movement" Henry Morris who then lied through their teeth about their association after news leaked out to non-YECs: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post296919

But I'm pretty sure the rest of it came from him.
                      Last edited by rogue06; 03-18-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

To be fair he is not the only one out there claiming stuff like this so perhaps that's where he got it from (giving it his own twist)

I always wondered where these came from!

images.jpg
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          I always wondered where these came from!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43351[/ATTACH]
                          It was most definitely not from roguetech labs. No siree.

Comment

Well I am pretty much in lockdown myself now. They said we could work from home so I am doing so. I have no need to go out anywhere soon so I am just gonna sit here and be an agoraphobe!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Well I am pretty much in lockdown myself now. They said we could work from home so I am doing so. I have no need to go out anywhere soon so I am just gonna sit here and be an agoraphobe!
                              Being an introvert and running a home business, I'm cool with it. Downtown LA is like a ghost town. Normally the city is bustling.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                Being an introvert and running a home business, I'm cool with it. Downtown LA is like a ghost town. Normally the city is bustling.
                                Wow! I've seen DTLA when I take the train to/from Union Station.
                                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment