Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, we are all aware of what it is you call facts, MM.
    Remember what his fantasy girl said about "alternative facts."

kelleyanne.jpeg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Just because an automatic security camera caught images of them doesn't mean that anybody actually observed them entering and leaving the site.
      The only one being deliberately obtuse is you MM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I'm not defending anything, little troll, I'm just stating facts.
        As I did when I quoted the extreme measures bring taken to subdue arbery and which shows he was, in fact. In fear of his life as he came around the right side of that truck. and the quoted vulgarity of travis McDaniels after killing arbery.

Something you and your cohorts here have not even acknowledged as you continue to defend rhetoric whose only purpose is the take blame away from the McDaniels.

There is no escaping the implications here MM. You have not yet found any voice except the voice of racist memes and rhetoric. That is the only voice you appear to have.

There is no excuse left MM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          As I did when I quoted the extreme measures bring taken to subdue arbery and which shows he was, in fact. In fear of his life as he came around the right side of that truck. and the quoted vulgarity of travis McDaniels after killing arbery.

Something you and your cohorts here have not even acknowledged as you continue to defend rhetoric whose only purpose is the take blame away from the McDaniels.

There is no escaping the implications here MM. You have not yet found any voice except the voice of racist memes and rhetoric. That is the only voice you appear to have.

There is no excuse left MM.
          My apologies to any McDaniels out there. Arbery's killer was a McMichael.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-05-2020, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Three to stand trial for murder.
            Trump loving white supremacists, white Repub Christians, folks who arm themselves against blacks, etc. are all needing to adjust their thinking.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Three to stand trial for murder.
              Trump loving white supremacists, white Repub Christians, folks who arm themselves against blacks, etc. are all needing to adjust their thinking.
              Notice how now that it's clear this was racially motivated and they were chasing arbery all over the neighborhood and that he was in fact fighting for his life the peanut gallery doesn't care anymore? As long as there was a white fellow to defend, they were all over it. But now that it's become impossible to shift blame to Arbery, that this was a racially motivated killing - no apologies for the smearing of Arbery, no expressed disgust with the killers, just ho hum, on to other things.

Comment

New information that pretty much buries most of the excuse making for the McMichaels that has been made in this thread:

It is also clear that there were racial motivations behind the pursuit.
                There is literally not one who posted in this thread who is surprised to hear that. IAD needs to get involved and clean house too.
                Last edited by DivineOb; 06-05-2020, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Oh, slippery, slippery!!! I never claimed it was a "substantial crime", oh slippery one. The video is DIRECT EVIDENCE that trespassing took place. There is ZERO DIRECT EVIDENCE that it was "to drink water".

The fact that the homeowner did not file charges does not change the fact that trespassing took place, nor does it remove his right to have people removed.

MANY times, in a situation like this, a homeowner will decline to press charges for fear of retaliation.

The fact that the homeowner had SECURITY cameras installed shows that he was, indeed, concerned.
                  There is absolutely ZERO evidence of any other crime. Arguing from ignorance gets you nowhere. The landowners were totally unconcerned.

Add the following which you selectively apparently did not read . . .

Source: https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/05/19/surveillance-footage-shows-multiple-people-went-to-home-that-ahmaud-arbery-visited/

Surveillance footage shows multiple people entering property that Ahmaud Arbery visited

The last video, which is the only video that has been confirmed to be Arbery, was taken during the day Feb. 23. It shows him walking around the home which is still under construction.

Graddy said it cannot be seen on camera, but in security video from Dec. 17, a person that appears to be Arbery “wipes his mouth or neck and, at one point, what sounds like water is heard ... before the person heads off at a jog.”

“It now appears that this young man may have been coming onto the property for water,” Graddy said.

Arbery’s family has previously confirmed that one video, dated Feb. 23, was of him entering the house prior to the shooting. When asked about the new videos, S. Lee Merritt, attorney for the Arbery family, said he was not going to continue to ask the family about people seen in surveillance videos.

"I have chosen to stop questioning the grieving family of Ahmaud Arbery about images from the cameras mounted at the construction site of Larry English as Mr. English himself has said no criminal activity ever took place there and it is clear that Ahmaud was on the premises in the past along with many other people," Merritt said in a statement emailed to CNN.

According to Graddy, after the first couple of trespassing incidents, English forwarded the first few clips to Glynn County police. English said he didn’t ever mention anything to the McMichaels about the trespassing or stolen items or show them the videos. But Graddy said the Glynn County Police Department contacted English with Gregory McMichael’s contact information.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-05-2020, 08:14 PM.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1224696

Question for the legal eagles here: What is the relevance of McMichael having used a racial slur on social media several months ago? All this seems to do is establish a potential motive which doesn't seem all that compelling by itself. The usage of the word during the incident itself, on the other hand, seems relevant.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1224696

Question for the legal eagles here: What is the relevance of McMichael having used a racial slur on social media several months ago? All this seems to do is establish a potential motive which doesn't seem all that compelling by itself. The usage of the word during the incident itself, on the other hand, seems relevant.
                      It's not unusual for people to say things in the heat of the moment that they wouldn't say under other circumstances. But you know the prosecution is going to run with it.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's not unusual for people to say things in the heat of the moment that they wouldn't say under other circumstances. But you know the prosecution is going to run with it.
                        But it is highly unusual to kill a man vigilante style and also highly unusual to call that man the n-word if you aren’t a racist. Perhaps that would be a natural thing for you to say in the heat of the moment, but it’d be unnatural for someone who isn’t a racist.

Comment

Notice how now that it's clear this was racially motivated...
                          That's not clear at all. An excited utterance really doesn't prove anything. I've heard startled people yell, "Jesus Christ!" when I'm reasonably certain they aren't religious.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          ...and they were chasing arbery all over the neighborhood...
                          We already knew this.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          ...and that he was in fact fighting for his life...
                          Did he think his life was in danger as they attempted to stop him? I don't know, and I'm not going to try to guess what was going on in Arbery's head because there's no way to prove it (and also seeing how he responded to the police in the one video makes me think he wasn't a man who was easily intimidated). For me, it keeps coming back to when the decision was made to pull the trigger, because if it was their intent to shoot a black guy, then they had plenty of opportunities to prior to Arbery attacking the man on the ground.

This doesn't justify or excuse what the McMichaels did, but it does make the difference between cold blooded murder, manslaughter, and self-defense.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's not clear at all. An excited utterance really doesn't prove anything. I've heard startled people yell, "Jesus Christ!" when I'm reasonably certain they aren't religious.
                            MM really believes saying the n-word after killing a black man is the equivalent of saying “god” after hitting one’s thumb with a hammer.

Let that sink in, folks.

Comment

I have never used that word and never will. He used it because it was part of his thinking.

Comment

We already knew this.

Did he think his life was in danger as they attempted to stop him? I don't know, and I'm not going to try to guess what was going on in Arbery's head because there's no way to prove it (and also seeing how he responded to the police in the one video makes me think he wasn't a man who was easily intimidated). For me, it keeps coming back to when the decision was made to pull the trigger, because if it was their intent to shoot a black guy, then they had plenty of opportunities to prior to Arbery attacking the man on the ground.

This doesn't justify or excuse what the McMichaels did, but it does make the difference between cold blooded murder, manslaughter, and self-defense.
                                They had already run him into a ditch several times and struck him with their truck. MM, just stop. You just cant be stupid enough to believe there is a person alive that would not be afraid for their lives in the circumstances Abery was in. For you to continue this farce just makes you look more and more and more like either an absolute idiot or a member of the KKK.

Comment