Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Apologetics Afield: Cartoon Derail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two cartoons from the 80s I enjoyed were Danger Mouse (a British toon that parodied James Bond and other spy flicks) and the Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers (essentially futuristic cowboys in space -- one of the villains, Scarecrow was especially creepy and menacing)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Two cartoons from the 80s I enjoyed were Danger Mouse (a British toon that parodied James Bond and other spy flicks) and the Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers (essentially futuristic cowboys in space -- one of the villains, Scarecrow was especially creepy and menacing)
      I've seen a little bit of Danger Mouse, but I don't remember Galaxy Rangers. I'll have to check it out.

Ever watch Silverhawks?

Last edited by Cerebrum123; 11-02-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        I've seen a little bit of Danger Mouse, but I don't remember Galaxy Rangers. I'll have to check it out.

Ever watch Silverhawks?

Even without looking at the opening.

Galaxy Rangers could range from silly (especially if the alien ambassadors were involved) to very serious (especially the episodes focused on "Goose" and to a lesser extent the captain of the squad).
        Last edited by rogue06; 11-02-2017, 05:40 PM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Even without looking at the opening.

Galaxy Rangers could range from silly (especially if the alien ambassadors were involved) to very serious (especially the episodes focused on "Goose" and to a lesser extent the captain of the squad).
          There were a lot of interesting ones that were kind of just forgotten by most people. There was a futuristic cop show, and some other stuff that I can't remember the names of right now.

Some stuff you don't hear much about today, but were somewhat well known are Captain N: The Game Master, Adventures of the Gummi Bears, and The Legend of Zelda. The last of which was something many Zelda fans would rather leave forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            There were a lot of interesting ones that were kind of just forgotten by most people. There was a futuristic cop show, and some other stuff that I can't remember the names of right now.

Some stuff you don't hear much about today, but were somewhat well known are Captain N: The Game Master, Adventures of the Gummi Bears, and The Legend of Zelda. The last of which was something many Zelda fans would rather leave forgotten.
            But withput that show we wouldnt have the excuse me princess meme.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
              But withput that show we wouldnt have the excuse me princess meme.
              That's not really much of a loss.

Trying to think of some of the other older shows you don't hear about very often. The Wacky World of Tex Avery comes to mind. This wasn't actual cartoons made by Tex Avery, but they were heavily inspired by his works. Not exactly the best stuff, but at that time there was nothing else on. Extreme Dinosaurs, Street Sharks, Bucky O'Hare and the Toad Wars, and Biker Mice from Mars are rather obscure today as well.

Comment

Now for a few good cartoon movies. Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs*, Hotel Transylvania, Despicable Me 1 and 2, How to Train Your Dragon, Rover Dangerfield, The Secret of NIMH, and The Chipmunk Adventure.

I look forward to The Incredibles 2, and I heard from my brother they are doing movies of Hey Arnold!, and Rocko's Modern Life.

*I was shocked at how outright hilarious this movie was. I only watched it because I was extremely bored, and it was free on Netflix.

Comment

Secret of Nihm, Disney's Robin hood, iron giant, Scooby too zombie island, Batman vs two face, and Batman vs Mr freeze are some of my favorite animated films.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is rogue
                    Hi rogue

I'm a cartoon junkie and I liked Inuyasha
                    *GASP*
                    I have not watched that one.
                    I honestly do not watch as many shows anymore.
                    I hear Shesshomaru is awesome though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                      I have not watched that one.
                      I honestly do not watch as many shows anymore.
                      I hear Shesshomaru is awesome though.
                      I haven't watched much recently either until the new DuckTales came out. I even went out and got volume 1 of the original DuckTales for something to do watch while they have stopped with new episodes. That, and Atomic Puppet should keep me busy for a little while.

Comment

The old Mega Man cartoon came up recently since Mega Man 11 was recently announced for next year. It looks like a good game. The anime of Mega Man Battle Network, and Mega Man Star Force were decent from what I got to see, but I didn't catch a lot of the episodes.

Duck Tales has started back up, and the last episode was pretty decent. I'm hoping it's not too long before Atomic Puppet's next season starts.

A few shows I remember being decent. Spider Riders*, Martin Mystery, and Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes were all pretty good. I wish they hadn't decided on shutting the Avengers one down for what amounted to a reboot. Avoid Hulk and the Agents of SMASH. They decided to make it like The Office, and "interview" the characters every so often. If they hadn't done that, it might have been decent. I mean, they seriously cut away from the middle of a fight to have you listen to A-Bomb describe what was going through his mind as it started.

At least I will have some more stuff to keep my attention since I've got Super Mario Odyssey, Dragon Ball** Xenoverse 2, and should have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soon.

*I hate spiders, but these things looked more like robots. They would basically joust while riding them.
                        **If you like Dragon Ball Z, then you should like this game.

Comment

I am not watching as much tv right now. Reading books and webcomics. Playing Pokemon. Bought joke I watch 2 and will start that soon. Excited for new megaman.
                          sigpic

Comment

No news on a second season for Atomic Puppet, which is a real shame since it's one of the best cartoons I had seen in forever. At least DuckTales is already confirmed for a second season, but it only starts this summer.

Comment

Invader Zim is coming back with a movie called "Invader Zim Enter the Florpus". Looks like most of the voice actors are coming back.

I got the Gravity Falls Complete Series Collectors Edition. Apparently there is no normal version. So far it's been consistently good. My favorite one so far is the one where Dipper uses an arcade machine with a code on the side of it to call out one of the characters inside to help him out in a fight he wants to avoid. So many old video game references, especially to stuff like Street Fighter, Final Fight, and Streets of Rage. The Manotaurs episode was pretty hilarious as well.

DuckTales is getting close to the end of this season, and with the exception of one episode most have been decent. They even brought some Darkwing Duck stuff into the show. The "Who is Gizmoduck" episode was hilarious.

Comment

I vaguely remember a cartoon from a few decades ago where one of the characters was a wizard-like character[1] that rode around sitting cross-legged on a flying basket-like seat. The only episode I saw involved a trap/puzzle that was cool. No idea what it was called but it was on for a very short time and with only that to go by I haven't been able to track it down.

1. IIRC he was thin, tan or dark skinned and maybe wore a turban
                                Last edited by rogue06; 08-12-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment