Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Muhammad mentioned by name in the Song of Songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bibleuser View Post
    The descendants of Ishmael, the Ishmaelites, are numbered among the enemies of Allah because as a nation the turned against Allah and his people the Israelites:-

Psalm 83:1-9
    O God, let there be no silence on your part; Do not keep speechless, and do not stay quiet, O Divine One.
    2 For, look! your very enemies are in an uproar; And the very ones intensely hating you have raised [their] head.
    3 Against your people
    they cunningly carry on their confidential talk; And they conspire against your concealed ones.
    4 They have said: "Come and let us efface them from being a nation, That the name of Israel may be remembered no more."
    5 For with the heart they have unitedly exchanged counsel; Against you they proceeded to conclude even a covenant,
    6 The tents of Edom and the ISHMAELITES, Moab and the Hagrites,
    7 Gebal and Ammon and Amalek, Philistia together with the inhabitants of Tyre.
    8 Also, Assyria itself has become joined with them; They have become an arm to the sons of Lot.
    9 Do to them as to Midian, as to Sisera, As to Jabin at the torrent valley of Kishon*. ....
    16 Fill their faces with dishonor, That people may search for your name, O Jehovah.
    17 O may they be ashamed and be disturbed for all times, And may they become abashed and perish;
    18 That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Vs. 9 *Which is to destroy them!

So why would God choose a man to be his prophet from a nation that the considered his enemy and was only fit for destruction?

BU
    It seems the "Christian" concept of God is one that advocates hate and destruction?

The Quran on the other hand says there is no compulsion in religion.....that God is most compassionate, most merciful.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      I deny no signs from God, I do deny a poorly written, and evil book from "Allah". For the "Allah" described within is not the God who created everything, who brought the Israelites out of Egypt, or who sent Jesus Christ to die for our sins. He is the antichrist, the father of lies. He is the devil himself.
      Perhaps this is so---for the God I worship is the Most Compassionate, Most Merciful. If your Church and your religion only teach you to hate....then they have nothing to offer me.....

Surah Al-Kafirun (109)

1. Say: O you who reject faith (are ungrateful)
      2. I do not worship what you worship
      3. and you do not worship what I worship
      4. I am not a worshipper of what you worship
      5. and you are not a worshipper of what I worship
      6. To you be your way and to me mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by siam View Post
        It seems the "Christian" concept of God is one that advocates hate and destruction?

The Quran on the other hand says there is no compulsion in religion.....that God is most compassionate, most merciful.....
        As he is the only God and he has always hated Satan's ways and worshipers, as in the above list, who have always attacked his people, his people he is obligated to protect HIS worshipers.

Beside that Islam has no freedom to talk on this as it is a faith based upon conversion by and war, like the churches of Christendom.

BU

Comment

Is there a Noah covenant? I hear Christians discussing Noahide something?..Law?
          How important is the "covenant" theme compared to other themes such as crucifixion, resurrection etc?
          Is there an Adamic covenant?
          Yes, there are other covenants. The two called the Old Covenant, the covenant give to the nation of Israel through Moses, and the New Covenant which was to supersede it (Jeremiah 31:31-34). It being the Covenant which God keeps for His peoples. In which those who enter into it, the New Covenant, God fully forgives His peoples sins (Jeremiah 31:34; Hebrews 10:17). But one must enter into it. (John 3:3; Mark 10:15; 1 John 5:1, 9-13; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).
          Last edited by 37818; 01-17-2018, 08:06 AM.
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by Bibleuser View Post
            As he is the only God and he has always hated Satan's ways and worshipers, as in the above list, who have always attacked his people, his people he is obligated to protect HIS worshipers.

Beside that Islam has no freedom to talk on this as it is a faith based upon conversion by and war, like the churches of Christendom.

BU
            Maybe "God hates" is one interpretation....the Quran tells the story of Iblis---when Iblis does wrong and requests God for respite until the day of Judgement---God grants respite (7:14)...God's Justice is tempered with compassion and mercy. The same can be said of those humanity who have fallen into error---the Quran says that God sent messengers to all humanity throughout time to Guide them----those who refused even after the messenger from their own community brought them their Guidance....only those were punished. So...my interpretation is not that "God hates"---rather his Justice prevails......but his Justice is tempered with compassion and mercy and this can be seen in the Quranic story of Prophet Adam (pbuh). When Adam errs---he repents and asks God for forgiveness and God forgives Adam.

Do not Christians also talk of the Grace of God?---is God petty and ungenerous?

The Quran says there is no compulsion in religion....love of God is a matter of the heart and cannot be forced....
            ....yet, Christian history has on occasion been brutal---from the persecution of heretics, Codex Theodosianus and its persecution of non-Christians to the crusades, the inquisitions, 30 years war, to some forced conversions of the indigenous peoples of the Americas (North and South), Australia, New Zealand...etc Were not the teachings of Prophet Jesus supposed to be about love of God and neighbors?

There is only One God...so is it possible for you and I to agree that God is the creator of ALL humanity and is Most Compassionate, Most Merciful and Most Just?.....that his Grace encompasses all his creation?

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
              Yes, there are other covenants. The two called the Old Covenant, the covenant give to the nation of Israel through Moses, and the New Covenant which was to supersede it (Jeremiah 31:31-34). It being the Covenant which God keeps for His peoples. In which those who enter into it, the New Covenant, God fully forgives His peoples sins (Jeremiah 31:34; Hebrews 10:17). But one must enter into it. (John 3:3; Mark 10:15; 1 John 5:1, 9-13; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).
              thanks

would not mind more elaboration if anyone wants to add more info

Comment

Perhaps this is so---for the God I worship is the Most Compassionate, Most Merciful. If your Church and your religion only teach you to hate....then they have nothing to offer me.....

Surah Al-Kafirun (109)

1. Say: O you who reject faith (are ungrateful)
                2. I do not worship what you worship
                3. and you do not worship what I worship
                4. I am not a worshipper of what you worship
                5. and you are not a worshipper of what I worship
                6. To you be your way and to me mine.
                This is rather ironic of an accusation given all of the hateful things I've shown you from the Qurans own pages.

I do not hate people, but I am called to hate evil, to reject false prophets, and to give speak the truth.

Psalm 97:9-11New International Version (NIV)
                9 For you, Lord, are the Most High over all the earth;
                you are exalted far above all gods.
                10 Let those who love the Lord hate evil,
                for he guards the lives of his faithful ones
                and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
                11 Light shines[a] on the righteous
                and joy on the upright in heart.

Matthew 7:14-16New International Version (NIV)
                14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

True and False Prophets
                15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Ephesians 4:25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body.

Mohammed was a false prophet, as his "fruit" and teachings show. His "Allah" was the "greatest of deceivers" according to the Quran. This leads to one conclusion on who the Quranic "Allah" is, Satan.

John 8:44 [Full Chapter]
                You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

For you to call giving you the truth about Islam from trusted Islamic sources just shows how skewed your perception really is. Even you are unwilling to accept the evil teachings that I showed you in the Quran, that are backed up by the Sahih Hadith, and the most trusted Tafsir.

When someone is trying to show you the truth, and you just effectively spit in their face, that is hateful. Not the person trying to show you the truth.

Comment

There is only One God...so is it possible for you and I to agree that God is the creator of ALL humanity and is Most Compassionate, Most Merciful and Most Just?.....that his Grace encompasses all his creation?
                  We can as I totally reject the false and pagan Trinity teaching.
                  Yes God is as you say.
                  As he is MOST JUST so he holds people responsible for their actions.
                  So Justice beholds him to withhold his some goodness from people who reject him, true he lets the sun and rain feed all, but the false worshiper is rejected by him, he cannot mix true and false together, because he Loves Truth.
                  B U

Comment

This is rather ironic of an accusation given all of the hateful things I've shown you from the Qurans own pages.

I do not hate people, but I am called to hate evil, to reject false prophets, and to give speak the truth.

For you to call giving you the truth about Islam from trusted Islamic sources just shows how skewed your perception really is. Even you are unwilling to accept the evil teachings that I showed you in the Quran, that are backed up by the Sahih Hadith, and the most trusted Tafsir.

When someone is trying to show you the truth, and you just effectively spit in their face, that is hateful. Not the person trying to show you the truth.
                    If I have misunderstood your intentions then I apologize. To speak the truth is indeed commendable.

....but what if the "truth" you perceive is not what I perceive? If you insist that my belief/faith is "X" and then proceed to criticize this "X"---but I have a very different lived experience of my belief/faith...then obviously I will not take your statements seriously as your stance has nothing to do with what I actually believe and the lived experience of my faith.

If you get your conceptions of Islam from an ignorant non-Muslim and do not listen to/nor respect what I actually believe...then we will be talking past each other.

Nevertheless---if your religion calls you to hate those who are different from you----as you have pointed out yourself----then perhaps you need to reflect first on the values your own religion teaches before accusing others?

Comment

If I have misunderstood your intentions then I apologize. To speak the truth is indeed commendable.
                      At least you get something right.

....but what if the "truth" you perceive is not what I perceive? If you insist that my belief/faith is "X" and then proceed to criticize this "X"---but I have a very different lived experience of my belief/faith...then obviously I will not take your statements seriously as your stance has nothing to do with what I actually believe and the lived experience of my faith.
                      Perception is not the same as truth. Truth is objective, perception is not. Your own subjective experiences do not negate what the Quran, Sahih Hadith, and Tafsir objectively do teach.

I've been pointing out what the Quran actually teaches, and been giving the historical, and literary context to back it up. That your own personal beliefs don't line up with said teachings just shows that you don't really follow Islam. At least not anything close to what Mohammed actually taught.

If you get your conceptions of Islam from an ignorant non-Muslim and do not listen to/nor respect what I actually believe...then we will be talking past each other.
                      I haven't been getting my info from "ignorant non-Muslim sources", but directly from the most trusted Islamic sources. Meaning the Quran, Sahih Hadith, and the Tafsir of those like Ibn Kathir. You know this already, because the majority of my citations have been from such sources. I even started using specifically the Yusuf Ali translation despite the fact that it is rather misleading with the Arabic since you said it is the one of the two "best" translations. That you are unwilling to accept the most authoritative sources in Islam just shows that you don't actually believe what those sources teach. You don't actually believe what the Quran actually teaches, just small chunks you happen to like.

Nevertheless---if your religion calls you to hate those who are different from you----as you have pointed out yourself----then perhaps you need to reflect first on the values your own religion teaches before accusing others?
                      I did not say that Christianity calls people to "hate those different from you", and that is a flat out lie. In fact in the very post you are responding to I said "I do not hate people", so you are outright lying about what I said. Maybe practice some honesty before accusing others of having bad values.

Hating evil is not "hating those different from you", it's exposing evil to the light of truth, where it simply can't stand. It's also not the same as hating a person. I have family members who have done bad things, and I hate the fact they acted that way. It doesn't mean I hate them.

You've twisted my words worse than the Quran twists the Bible.

Comment

Perception is not the same as truth. Truth is objective, perception is not. Your own subjective experiences do not negate what the Quran, Sahih Hadith, and Tafsir objectively do teach.

I've been pointing out what the Quran actually teaches, and been giving the historical, and literary context to back it up. That your own personal beliefs don't line up with said teachings just shows that you don't really follow Islam. At least not anything close to what Mohammed actually taught.

I did not say that Christianity calls people to "hate those different from you", and that is a flat out lie. In fact in the very post you are responding to I said "I do not hate people", so you are outright lying about what I said. Maybe practice some honesty before accusing others of having bad values.

You've twisted my words worse than the Quran twists the Bible.
                        So...what you are saying here is---When I claim that Christianity teaches hate, this is an error/lie and this is not what Christianity is about---Yet, when I claim the same about Islam...that it is not evil you insist that your (non-Muslim) understanding is the correct one and I, a Muslim, have misunderstood my own religion!!!

If I give you the courtesy of believing that Christianity does not teach hate...as you claim---will you return the courtesy and believe what I say about my own religion and my lived experience?

Comment

So...what you are saying here is---When I claim that Christianity teaches hate, this is an error/lie and this is not what Christianity is about---Yet, when I claim the same about Islam...that it is not evil you insist that your (non-Muslim) understanding is the correct one and I, a Muslim, have misunderstood my own religion!!!
                          If I was using a "non-Muslim understanding" then you might have a valid point, but that's not what I'm doing. I've been giving the Muslim teaching from Muslim sources that go back nearly 1,400 years. You've also done far, far less study on Christianity than I have done on Islam.

If I give you the courtesy of believing that Christianity does not teach hate...as you claim---will you return the courtesy and believe what I say about my own religion and my lived experience?
                          Show some actual teaching of Christ and His apostles, just as I showed the teaching of Mohammed and his companions, then you have some ground to stand on. I did this from the earliest, and most trusted Muslim sources we have. You seem to have not even read more than a paragraph of the Bible. I have spent years going through Muslim sources, the Quran, Hadith, Sira, and Tafsir.

You have tried to show some peaceful teachings of the Quran, and this I will freely admit. The problem is, you divorced them from their historical and literary context. When those are put alongside the teachings you had posted previously, a different picture emerges. One of a changing attitude in Islam. Early when Muslims were a minority in Mecca, Mohammed taught peace, if only in public. When he gained enough followers to fight, he taught fighting defensively, when he finally had a force to be reckoned with he taught global* domination by the sword. He himself said "I was made victorious with terror".

*According to At-Tabari Mohammed told the Meccan leaders in private that if they joined him they would rule over all of the non-Arabs.

Comment

If I was using a "non-Muslim understanding" then you might have a valid point, but that's not what I'm doing. I've been giving the Muslim teaching from Muslim sources that go back nearly 1,400 years. You've also done far, far less study on Christianity than I have done on Islam.

Show some actual teaching of Christ and His apostles, just as I showed the teaching of Mohammed and his companions, then you have some ground to stand on. I did this from the earliest, and most trusted Muslim sources we have. You seem to have not even read more than a paragraph of the Bible. I have spent years going through Muslim sources, the Quran, Hadith, Sira, and Tafsir.

You have tried to show some peaceful teachings of the Quran, and this I will freely admit. The problem is, you divorced them from their historical and literary context. When those are put alongside the teachings you had posted previously, a different picture emerges. One of a changing attitude in Islam. Early when Muslims were a minority in Mecca, Mohammed taught peace, if only in public. When he gained enough followers to fight, he taught fighting defensively, when he finally had a force to be reckoned with he taught global* domination by the sword. He himself said "I was made victorious with terror".

*According to At-Tabari Mohammed told the Meccan leaders in private that if they joined him they would rule over all of the non-Arabs.

.....and when you have misquoted, misunderstood, distorted, or taken things out of context...I have called your attention to this by linking to sources of actual Muslim scholars and their opinions---which are the mainstream understanding of Islam. Also---anything from the "answering Islam" apologetics is rebutted in the answering Christianity site---so, for me, its a waste of time reproducing things from either of those sites...particularly since I lack patience to begin with........

Islamic philosophy/religio-philosophy has had many interesting debates, viewpoints, positions and philosophical schools of thought. Some have been fringe movements or ideas that have come about as a reaction to a situation or trauma. Fringe movements and ideas are NOT mainstream. That is like mistaking the KKK for mainstream Christianity....also...simply because an idea or philosophy is "early" does not necessarily give it more weight---consider, Gnosticism and other early Christianities are considered heresy are they not?

It is true that I do not know much about Christian doctrines---I know a bit of history because history is easy to understand but the doctrines are very difficult and confusing and my attempts at understanding them have all failed. I have pretty much given up on attempting to understand them and now I simply try to find intersections between Christianity and Islam where our perspectives may match up or where we can mutually benefit each other in the discussion and acquisition of beneficial ideas and concepts......As a Muslim, and a human being, I have benefited much from some of the Eastern Wisdom Teachings. Since Arabic and Hebrew are sister languages, I did make an attempt to read the Torah....it was disturbing and somewhat disappointing until I had conversations with Jewish people who explained the ways of interpretation and the Wisdom behind the Torah. I was able to appreciate Judaism and its worldview/perspective.

Jews do not interpret the Torah by using the Gospels/Injeel, likewise, the Quran does not require the Bible (OT/NT). The Tafsir (exegesis/ways of interpretation) has its own framework/methodology. The Quran stands on its own. This has been accepted by many Non-Muslim scholars as well and they are now looking at the Quran as a conversation/dialogue partner with other sacred texts/religio-philosophies of the era.

Tafsir (and there are many) are an important tool to understanding the Quran---but they are not the Quran because the biases of the author bleed into the writings. Yusuf Ali has translated the Quran but has also written a Tafsir in ENGLISH. Mohammed Asad also translated the Quran and wrote Tafsir in English---by using English Tafsir in English language discussion---it reduces occurrences of mistranslations and distortions.

A text is a collection of words/sentences that convey ideas. How these ideas/texts are used/abused is upto human will. In Christian history, people have used/abused ideas from the Bible.
                            Since you have specifically requested it---I am giving this info:-

Here is an opinion of the biblical roots of rascism:-
                            https://www.huffingtonpost.com/karl-...b_7649390.html

forced conversions in Christian history:-
                            https://christianhistoryinstitute.or...g-by-the-sword

When did Christians first begin to use force to convert people?

Soon after the conversion of the Roman emperor Constantine, though the first use of force was not designed to convert pagans but to correct dissident Christians. Augustine, the great bishop of Hippo in North Africa in the late fourth and early fifth century, was faced with a dissident sect, the Donatists. Augustine wanted to bring them back in the orthodox fold, and he agonized about whether it was permissible to use coercion to do so.

Eventually he decided it was, and one biblical text that persuaded him was the parable of the great banquet (Luke 14:16–24). A rich man gives a feast, and when no one he invites shows up, he tells his servants to go out and “Compel people to come in.”

World domination in Christianity:-
                            http://christianhegemony.org/the-doc...exceptionalism
                            This article describes some of the direct results of the Christian belief in God-sanctioned dominion.

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”[2]

This section of Scripture is known as the Great Commission. As the last recorded personal directive of Jesus to his disciples, it holds great significance to all his followers. It is the theological foundation for Christian evangelism, Crusades, and the Doctrine of Discovery. Christians have read this statement as God’s mandate to convert the world to Christianity so that the millennium could begin.

Christian history is full of such acts of abuse---just google it....

If you want actual passages...here are some...
                            Luke 14:26New International Version (NIV)
                            26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

Ephesians 6:5New International Version (NIV)
                            5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Luke 19:27
                            27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”

Mathew 10:34,35
                            34 Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
                            35 For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.…

Luke 12: 51-53
                            51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.
                            52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three.
                            53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

....and so on.....
                            remember---you are the one that requested I provide this information....

Comment

• The (Muslim) scholar Joseph Lumbard explains about Quran interpretation.....

Comment

.....and when you have misquoted, misunderstood, distorted, or taken things out of context...I have called your attention to this by linking to sources of actual Muslim scholars and their opinions---which are the mainstream understanding of Islam. Also---anything from the "answering Islam" apologetics is rebutted in the answering Christianity site---so, for me, its a waste of time reproducing things from either of those sites...particularly since I lack patience to begin with........
                                I quote to you pages worth of Islamic sources and the earliest Islamic scholars, going deep into the the literary and historical context and somehow I'm "distorting" things?

The most you've done is link to a couple of articles that actually ignore the greater context of the works they cite.

"Answering Christianity", seriously? The site so dishonest that they took a domain name extremely similar to answering-islam.org, answering-islam.com, just so they could trick people into getting them in a search engine. The only thing they've ever rebutted is arguments. I've read their work, and it is terribly deceptive.

Islamic philosophy/religio-philosophy has had many interesting debates, viewpoints, positions and philosophical schools of thought. Some have been fringe movements or ideas that have come about as a reaction to a situation or trauma. Fringe movements and ideas are NOT mainstream. That is like mistaking the KKK for mainstream Christianity....also...simply because an idea or philosophy is "early" does not necessarily give it more weight---consider, Gnosticism and other early Christianities are considered heresy are they not?
                                Okay, so Mohammed and his companions are on par with the KKK, good to know.

It is true that I do not know much about Christian doctrines---I know a bit of history because history is easy to understand but the doctrines are very difficult and confusing and my attempts at understanding them have all failed. I have pretty much given up on attempting to understand them and now I simply try to find intersections between Christianity and Islam where our perspectives may match up or where we can mutually benefit each other in the discussion and acquisition of beneficial ideas and concepts......As a Muslim, and a human being, I have benefited much from some of the Eastern Wisdom Teachings. Since Arabic and Hebrew are sister languages, I did make an attempt to read the Torah....it was disturbing and somewhat disappointing until I had conversations with Jewish people who explained the ways of interpretation and the Wisdom behind the Torah. I was able to appreciate Judaism and its worldview/perspective.
                                Given your pathetic understanding of even the most basic of passages in the Quran, I'm not really surprised by this. You cherry pick you want to believe out of the Quran, and just leave what you don't like. It's like some kind of buffet for you.

Jews do not interpret the Torah by using the Gospels/Injeel, likewise, the Quran does not require the Bible (OT/NT). The Tafsir (exegesis/ways of interpretation) has its own framework/methodology. The Quran stands on its own. This has been accepted by many Non-Muslim scholars as well and they are now looking at the Quran as a conversation/dialogue partner with other sacred texts/religio-philosophies of the era.
                                Of course Jews don't do that, they never claimed that the Torah was a confirmation of the Injil, and to go to the Injil if you don't believe it is from God. Mohammed however, did exactly that, for both the Torah and Injil. Oh, the Torah came first. Jesus claimed to be confirmation of the Old Testament however, so Christians are supposed to accept all of God's words, not just some that they happen to like. If Islam actually confirmed the Torah and Injil, then you would have a similar situation, but it doesn't, and you don't.

Tafsir (and there are many) are an important tool to understanding the Quran---but they are not the Quran because the biases of the author bleed into the writings. Yusuf Ali has translated the Quran but has also written a Tafsir in ENGLISH. Mohammed Asad also translated the Quran and wrote Tafsir in English---by using English Tafsir in English language discussion---it reduces occurrences of mistranslations and distortions.
                                Even Yusuf Ali distorts things by adding parts to the Arabic to make it sound less horrible, like adding "softly" to the passage that commands men to beat their wives into submission if they continue to disobey them after admonishing and separating from each other by way of different beds.

A text is a collection of words/sentences that convey ideas. How these ideas/texts are used/abused is upto human will. In Christian history, people have used/abused ideas from the Bible.
                                Since you have specifically requested it---I am giving this info:-
                                Words have meaning, so those texts have actual objective meaning. Yes, anyone can try and force their own meaning onto a text, but they do violence to it in the process, like you and your eisegesis of the Quran.

Here is an opinion of the biblical roots of rascism:-
                                https://www.huffingtonpost.com/karl-...b_7649390.html

forced conversions in Christian history:-
                                https://christianhistoryinstitute.or...g-by-the-sword

When did Christians first begin to use force to convert people?

Soon after the conversion of the Roman emperor Constantine, though the first use of force was not designed to convert pagans but to correct dissident Christians. Augustine, the great bishop of Hippo in North Africa in the late fourth and early fifth century, was faced with a dissident sect, the Donatists. Augustine wanted to bring them back in the orthodox fold, and he agonized about whether it was permissible to use coercion to do so.

Eventually he decided it was, and one biblical text that persuaded him was the parable of the great banquet (Luke 14:16–24). A rich man gives a feast, and when no one he invites shows up, he tells his servants to go out and “Compel people to come in.”

World domination in Christianity:-
                                http://christianhegemony.org/the-doc...exceptionalism
                                This article describes some of the direct results of the Christian belief in God-sanctioned dominion.

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”[2]

This section of Scripture is known as the Great Commission. As the last recorded personal directive of Jesus to his disciples, it holds great significance to all his followers. It is the theological foundation for Christian evangelism, Crusades, and the Doctrine of Discovery. Christians have read this statement as God’s mandate to convert the world to Christianity so that the millennium could begin.

Christian history is full of such acts of abuse---just google it....
                                Yeah, this is the kind of eisegesis I'm talking about. Your articles all show these abuses popping up hundreds to thousands of years later, and propped up by very, very flimsy eisegesis. They also forget to mention that slavery in the Old Testament was basically what is known as indentured servitude, that the abolitionist movement was primarily in response to Christian beliefs that all men are created equal, and the teachings of Paul.

Galatians 3:27-29New International Version (NIV)
                                27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

What about the fact that Mohammed enslaved many, taught that black people were inferior to white people, even calling an Ethiopian a "raisin head"? What about the fact that he allowed men to rape female captives during his conquest, or that the Quran fully allows men to have sex with their slave girls?

Qur’an 23:1-6—The believers must (eventually) win through—those who humble themselves in their prayers; who avoid vain talk; who are active in deeds of charity; who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess—for (in their case) they are free from blame.

Qur’an 4:24—Also (forbidden are) women already married, except those (captives and slaves) whom your right hands possess.

Source: Sunan an-Nasa'i #4625[/cite

(66)Chapter: Selling Animals for Animals of Different amounts or Quality, Hand to Hand

It was narrated that Jabir Sair:
                                "A slave came and gave his pledge to the Messenger of Allah to emigrate, and the Prophet did not realize that he was a slave. Then his master came looking for him. The Prophet said; 'Sell him to me.' So he bought him for two black slaves, then he did not accept until he had asked; 'Is he a slave?'''

© Copyright Original Source

Here is the link where you can examine the Hadith for yourself.

If you want actual passages...here are some...
                                Luke 14:26New International Version (NIV)
                                26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.
                                This passage is teaching that you must put Christ first if you are going to follow Jesus.

Ephesians 6:5New International Version (NIV)
                                5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.
                                Given the context of this teaching, both historically, and alongside other teachings it lets us know a few things. 1. Slavery was looked down upon by the Christian community. The early Christians were already a persecuted minority, so outright saying for slaves to fight against their masters would have led to the death of the Christians by the Roman Empire(short of divine intervention anyway). We find that the more subtle approach of teaching that all people are created equal, that all Christians are to serve one another, and that slaves themselves were not subhuman as they were thought of by the general population undermined slavery more effectively than a physical uprising would have done.

Luke 19:27
                                27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”
                                You quote this snippet of this verse, yet have the gall to say I'm being dishonest and distorting things? Here is the full context of this parable.

Luke 19:11 While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once. 12 He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. 13 So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas.[a] ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’

14 “But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’

15 “He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.

16 “The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’

17 “‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’

18 “The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’

19 “His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’

20 “Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21 I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’

22 “His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’

24 “Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’

25 “‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’

26 “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”

Mathew 10:34,35
                                34 Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
                                35 For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.…
                                This only teaches that Christianity will be divisive, which has always been true.

Luke 12: 51-53
                                51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.
                                52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three.
                                53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

....and so on.....
                                remember---you are the one that requested I provide this information....
                                Another telling of the same event above about Christianity being divisive.

If you really thought distorting things, and taking them out of context was so horrible you would have done some work to avoid doing it yourself. However, you did the opposite. You went whole hog into the worst misrepresentations of the teachings possible, and your linked sources do much the same thing. The only thing they seem to get right is that much later in Christian history some major theological error crept into portions of Christianity. You are quite the hypocrite.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X