Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's stop the nonsense about federal agents in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Except one of his own brought it up.
    Are you saying that chuckie's outrage is selective? Perish the thought

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Let's stop the nonsense about federal agents in Portland

Pretty much what I've been saying all along.
      It's not easy discussing rational subjects with people not inclined to rational support of law enforcement.

I've heard it said getting mugged helps the irrationality.

Comment

If I were peacefully protesting, I would make sure I did it in the daytime and I would do it peacefully, not violently.

I went by the local abortion clinic on Tuesday on my way to get some medical labs done at the hospital nearby. I saw dozens of peaceful protestors there, standing around, handing out flyers and carrying signs (not even on the abortion clinic's property). The were doing it in the daytime, they were not shouting, or intimidating anyone, or trying to burn down the clinic. They weren't even writing graffiti on the walls.

That is what I call a peaceful protest. No mistaking it for a rioting mob.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          If I were peacefully protesting, I would make sure I did it in the daytime and I would do it peacefully, not violently.
          Momma always said "nothing good happens after midnight".

I went by the local abortion clinic on Tuesday on my way to get some medical labs done at the hospital nearby. I saw dozens of peaceful protestors there, standing around, handing out flyers and carrying signs (not even on the abortion clinic's property). The were doing it in the daytime, they were not shouting, or intimidating anyone, or trying to burn down the clinic. They weren't even writing graffiti on the walls.

That is what I call a peaceful protest. No mistaking it for a rioting mob.
          Amazing, eh? The difference between what the leftist nutters will call a "peaceful protest", opposed to actual peaceful protests?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
            "While all Americans cherish the right to peaceably assemble and petition the government" Does that include peaceful protesters being tear-gassed so that the president can walk a few metres to do a photo op outside a respected church?
            You mean the historic church the "peaceful protesters" set fire to mere days before? And what kind of idiot police use tear gas without masks on? Or are you just assuming it was tear gas?
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

"While all Americans cherish the right to peaceably assemble and petition the government" Does that include peaceful protesters being tear-gassed so that the president can walk a few metres to do a photo op outside a respected church?
              if you call trying to set fire to buildings cars throwing bricks etc peaceful you live in bizzaro world

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                if you call trying to set fire to buildings cars throwing bricks etc peaceful you live in bizzaro world
                Were the protesters outside the White House in June doing that?
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

They are not allowed to burn buildings or drive cars or throw bricks in the White House.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Like when they were trying to pull down the statue of Jackson in Lafayette Square?

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They are not allowed to burn buildings or drive cars or throw bricks in the White House.
                        I asked if peaceful protesters outside the White House deserved to be tear-gassed and cited a quote from your own link concerning the [?inalienable?] right to peaceful protest.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        The things that you're liable
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life
                        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I asked if peaceful protesters outside the White House deserved to be tear-gassed and cited a quote from your own link concerning the [?inalienable?] right to peaceful protest.
                          My sincere apologies -- I responded to the wrong post, having been distracted by the deer in my back yard.

Comment

Yes, they refused a lawful order to move. No one was stopping them from protesting, just to move it our of that area.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

...having been distracted by the deer in my back yard.
                              Supper?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Supper?
                                This was a momma and her baby. And her baby still has the white spots and is SO cute. Maybe the baby's a boy!!!!

Comment