Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's stop the nonsense about federal agents in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    SUPPOSEDLY, an agreement was made between Trump's administration and the Oregon Governor to remove federal officers from the downtown area. This will be interesting to see.
    As long as the locals defend it.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      Do you have any evidence that they were?
      https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/122574...ederal-troops/

Comment

Anybody with half a brain can easily distinguish a peaceful protest from one where there is anarchy and mayhem in the immediate vicinity. IF they were truly "peaceful protesters", they wouldn't associate with the violent criminals.
        It isn't they who associate with the criminals,CP, it's the criminals that associate with them. The troublemakers are only there because the protesters are there, not vice versa.

It's your incredibly childish and hate-filled manner of writing that invites criticism.
        You're projecting again, CP.

No, he didn't. Wasn't the same thing at all.
        Yes he did. Banana reuplic tactic.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          It isn't they who associate with the criminals,CP, it's the criminals that associate with them. The troublemakers are only there because the protesters are there, not vice versa.
          Are the peaceful protesters too freakin STUPID to go somewhere else and protest peacefully? Why do you keep defending this anarchy?

You're projecting again, CP.
          This is your "go to" when you can't articulate a position.

Yes he did. Banana reuplic tactic.
          You can't even spell Republic, let alone comprehend what one is.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Are the peaceful protesters too freakin STUPID to go somewhere else and protest peacefully? Why do you keep defending this anarchy?
            Are you too stupid to undertand what "the troublemakers go where the protesters are means."

This is your "go to" when you can't articulate a position.
            That you were projecting once again is my position.

You can't even spell Republic, let alone comprehend what one is.
            Grammar nazi is your go to when you can't articulate a position

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Are you too stupid to undertand what "the troublemakers go where the protesters are means."
              Do you see ANY of the "peaceful protesters" complaining about the "baddies"?

That you were projecting once again is my position.
              You're an idiot.

Grammar nazi is your go to when you can't articulate a position
              I'm articulating positions without any difficulty whatsoever.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Didn't see anything in there about the "wall of moms" being there at the same time that a bunch of anarchists were trying to burn down a federal building.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  What I've heard comes from a wide variety of cities[1] with no special emphasis on Portland.

And you're focusing on the wrong thing here.

What do I mean?

Don't you agree if there wasn't so much violence involved in these protests/riots then it wouldn't be "over-emphasized"? So maybe, just maybe for once the emphasis needs to be on stopping the violence itself rather than worrying about whether those engaged in it are being demonized.

1. off the top of my head; Minneapolis, Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago, New York City as well as Portland. And I'm pretty sure I missed a few.
                  tried not doing that.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                    Didn't see anything in there about the "wall of moms" being there at the same time that a bunch of anarchists were trying to burn down a federal building.
                    mom-riot.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]47211[/ATTACH]
                      Well, can't argue with a cartoon...

Comment

• not in Portland, but looky... peaceful protesters set fire to a house with a child in it, and blocked the fire department from getting to it. That takes a lot more than a "few infiltrators" to accomplish something that coordinated.

Rioters Set Fire to Building With a Child Inside, Blocked Fire Truck From Putting Out the Fire

RICHMOND, Va. -- Rioters blocked a fire truck from responding to a burning home early Sunday morning in Richmond, according to Richmond Police Chief Will Smith.

“Protesters intentionally set a fire to an occupied building on Broad Street. This is not the only occupied building that has been set fire to over the last two days. But they prohibited us from getting on scene,” Smith said. “We had to force our way to make a clear path for the fire department. Protestors intercepted that fire apparatus several blocks away with vehicles and blocked that fire department’s access to the structure fire. Inside that home was a child.”

Smith’s voice filled with emotion as he recounted the event during a Sunday morning press conference.

“Officers were able to help those people out of the house. We were able to get the fire department there safely,” he said before pausing to regain his composure. ”When you take a legitimate issue and hijack it for unknown reasons, that is unacceptable to me. It's unacceptable to the Richmond Police Department and unacceptable to the City of Richmond.”
                        https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news...-richmond-riot

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          not in Portland, but looky... peaceful protesters set fire to a house with a child in it, and blocked the fire department from getting to it. That takes a lot more than a "few infiltrators" to accomplish something that coordinated.

Rioters Set Fire to Building With a Child Inside, Blocked Fire Truck From Putting Out the Fire

RICHMOND, Va. -- Rioters blocked a fire truck from responding to a burning home early Sunday morning in Richmond, according to Richmond Police Chief Will Smith.

“Protesters intentionally set a fire to an occupied building on Broad Street. This is not the only occupied building that has been set fire to over the last two days. But they prohibited us from getting on scene,” Smith said. “We had to force our way to make a clear path for the fire department. Protestors intercepted that fire apparatus several blocks away with vehicles and blocked that fire department’s access to the structure fire. Inside that home was a child.”

Smith’s voice filled with emotion as he recounted the event during a Sunday morning press conference.

“Officers were able to help those people out of the house. We were able to get the fire department there safely,” he said before pausing to regain his composure. ”When you take a legitimate issue and hijack it for unknown reasons, that is unacceptable to me. It's unacceptable to the Richmond Police Department and unacceptable to the City of Richmond.”
                          https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news...-richmond-riot
                          That's why I am staying away from downtown Richmond at all costs.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Police in Richmond are saying that white supremacists are infiltrating protests to discredit BLM protests. There has been a lot of uninformed speculation about it but if the local police is now saying it, I'll generally take it seriously.

https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2...-lives-matter/
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              Police in Richmond are saying that white supremacists are infiltrating protests to discredit BLM protests. There has been a lot of uninformed speculation about it but if the local police is now saying it, I'll generally take it seriously.

https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2...-lives-matter/
                              It would take a LOT of White supremacists to set a fire without anyone trying to stop them, and then blocks away, keep a fire truck from getting to the fire. That takes a lot of people cooperating and coordinating.

Did you notice one of the white supremacists they arrested in the video you linked to was black?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                It would take a LOT of White supremacists to set a fire without anyone trying to stop them, and then blocks away, keep a fire truck from getting to the fire. That takes a lot of people cooperating and coordinating.

Did you notice one of the white supremacists they arrested in the video you linked to was black?
                                I'm not saying they were responsible for this particular incident because the article says nothing about that specific incident. But I think it's noteworthy in general. Do you think the police are just making it up?
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment