Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Washington Redskins May Finally Change Their Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    That's "Chicom coronavirus."

It is in part a reaction of the MSM, which regularly called it the Wuhan coronavirus, Chinese coronavirus, and the like right up to the very instant that Trump did and then magically the same folks who had been using those same terms puffed out their chests and self-righteously started squeaking and screeching about racism and xenophobia HERE is a video of members of the MSM using those terms dozens of times right up until Trump did as well. I should also note that a LexisNexis search revealed that Asian news services were also calling it the Wuhan virus.

As for European news...

And that's just a few I pulled up that used "Wuhan virus" or "Wuhan coronavirus" in their titles. Many more contained those terms in the body of the story.

I didn't even look to see how many called "Chinese virus" or "Chinese coronavirus"
    The COVID19 designation dates from Feb 11. All but two of those articles date from before Feb 11. Check your Trump Apologist Syndrome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      Interesting, I never saw it much in my own search. Danish news have at least been constantly calling it Corona virus. Or maybe I'm just biased because I prefer that name.
      Trump also refers to it as "Kung Flu," which one of Trump's top advisors assures us is "highly offensive."

In March, when a reporter said she had heard about White House staffers using the term, Conway demanded the names of the staffers allegedly saying “kung flu.”

“Of course it’s wrong,” Conway said at the time. “That’s highly offensive, so you should tell us all who it is.”

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        The COVID19 designation dates from Feb 11. All but two of those articles date from before Feb 11. Check your Trump Apologist Syndrome.
        Many of the stories I found that used "Wuhan virus" and "Wuhan coronavirus" in the bodies of the text but not the titled dated from well into April, which even you probably realize is well after mid February. And as I pointed out one of those that used it in the title did so in June, which in case you didn't know was just last month.

But yeah, the frequency dropped sharply the moment that Trump started using the term and it instantly was declared politically incorrect by the ever self-righteous MSM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          Interesting, I never saw it much in my own search. Danish news have at least been constantly calling it Corona virus. Or maybe I'm just biased because I prefer that name.
          I pretty much stuck with English language newspapers so I don't know if any Danish news services were using the terms although I understand that China got upset over an image published in the Jyllands-Posten which showed the Chinese flag but replaced the yellow stars with depictions of the Chicom coronavirus.

To their credit the paper has refused to kowtow and beg forgiveness

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I pretty much stuck with English language newspapers so I don't know if any Danish news services were using the terms although I understand that China got upset over an image published in the Jyllands-Posten which showed the Chinese flag but replaced the yellow stars with depictions of the Chicom coronavirus.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46696[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46697[/ATTACH]

To their credit the paper has refused to kowtow and beg forgiveness
            I remember that, and yes. China made a lot of bluster to the danish government. And our prime minister kindly told China that in Denmark the government doesn't do censorship. They'd have to petition Jyllands-Posten, and if that newspaper wanted to retract the drawings it would. A similar thing happened during the bizarro Muhammed cartoon crisis (which was ridiculous), but there out of security concerns the paper retracted the drawings.

Comment

Trump also refers to it as "Kung Flu,"
              Citation?
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Citation?
                Yeah, I'd like to see the actual quote since the last I heard of it was when a self-righteous PBS NewsHour correspondent, Yamiche Alcindor, kept asking at press conferences back in March whether it was true that someone in his Administration once referred to it as "Kung flu." Note that she had no evidence but wanted substantiation of a rumor. Has that now morphed into Trump himself supposedly saying it or did he later use the term?

Comment

Citation?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• washinton-thinskins.jpg

Comment

Citation?
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7isyt5qldw

Skip to 24 seconds.

TAS claims another victim.

Comment

Skip to 24 seconds.

He simply asked for a citation Peewee. He didn't claim it didn't happen.

Comment

He simply asked for a citation Peewee. He didn't claim it didn't happen.
                          lawl. I can read home skillet. I know exactly what was being said and implied.

torment.jpg

Comment

Skip to 24 seconds.

So asking for someone to back up a claim with actual evidence is TAS now? Wow...
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• The Washington Whities

It's not referring to people of color, so it can't possibly be construed as racist.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Well.

The Edmonton Eskimos will henceforth be known as the Edmonton Caved-ins.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment