Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    In this case there is one person wrong that cant admit she is.
    That's between you and her.

And two others trying their very best to find something derogatory to say that will stick.
    Well, you're wrong, but you always seem to make it about "I'm being attacked". Perhaps you should just grow a little thicker skin, Jim.

So in this thread, to this point, that would be the case.

Jim
    In your own little "everybody's out to get me" mind, perhaps. I still think you should take some of your own medicine, doc!

Last word to you.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In this case there is one person wrong that cant admit she is. And two others trying their very best to find something derogatory to say that will stick. So in this thread, to this point, that would be the case.

Jim
      Sorry Jim, but what we have here is your opinion of what you THINK Jimmy said. Of course since your interpretation fits into your ‘LPOT BAD!!!!’ Black\white mentality, it’s true. Flail away.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        saying I was confused by the whole thing is me being unable to admit I made a mistake? I still don't get it, you were chiding LPOT and using CP as the whip as far as I can tell, but then saying it was about what JimL said. I think you are the only one who knows what you were doing. The rest of us are confused.

. And I have no problem admitting when I am wrong about something. ...I do it often
        Saying you were confused could perhaps be an indirect admission you made a mistake. There are other things it could be of course, but if that was your intent, vague as it was, I can accept that. Thanks for pointing it out though, 'cause I didn't recognize it as that when you posted it.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That you knew the idiomatic meaning of "what are you going on about now", that it was derogatory and in this case uncalled for jab.
          It was simply observing the fact that you so frequently tend to make the argument about you, or you being attacked, or offended, or more holy or righteous than others --- it gets old.

There's nothing here for me to "admit being wrong" about.

Your false accusation of me of being "almost pathologically unable to admit you made a mistake" is nuts.

I'll try to return to my policy of ignoring your posts.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• In your own little "everybody's out to get me" mind, perhaps. I still think you should take some of your own medicine, doc!

Last word to you.
            You like to play that card, but the last how many pages have been devoted to you, sparko, pix, and even rogue crazily, railing on and on about how wrong I am - even though I have shown each accusation to be false.

Including this one.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You like to play that card, but the last how many pages have been devoted to you, sparko, pix, and even rogue crazily, railing on and on about how wrong I am - even though I have shown each accusation to be false.

Including this one.

Jim
              When can I be as holy and perfect as you?

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                It was simply observing the fact that you so frequently tend to make the argument about you, or you being attacked, or offended, or more holy or righteous than others --- it gets old.

There's nothing here for me to "admit being wrong" about.

Your false accusation of me of being "almost pathologically unable to admit you made a mistake" is nuts.

I'll try to return to my policy of ignoring your posts.
                CP, i didnt make this about me. You,Sparko, and pix did. Go reread from my first response where I told pix she misunderstood JimL. Nowhere have I attacked any of you personally. I have pointed out mistakes, defended my sekf moderately against attacks, and in your case I chose not to answer your request.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  When can I be as holy and perfect as you?

Since Im neither holy nor perfect, anytime you wish I suppose.

Jim

Comment

CP, i didnt make this about me. You,Sparko, and pix did. Go reread from my first response where I told pix she misunderstood JimL. Nowhere have I attacked any of you personally. I have pointed out mistakes, defended my sekf moderately against attacks, and in your case I chose not to answer your request.

Jim
                    talk to the hand.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39746[/ATTACH]
                      That much is obvious. But it is your choice. I do wish I could break though the almost demonic irrationality that blinds you to what is actually happening here. I would like to suggest each of us actually pray about what is going on here. This sort of tirade is not God's doing. Nor is it the fruit of the Spirit.

Jim

Comment

...I do wish I could break though the almost demonic irrationality that blinds you...
                        log-in-your-eye.jpg
                        Last edited by Cow Poke; 09-16-2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39747[/ATTACH]
                          That is not the solution either cp. Again, I appeal to the nature of God in you that you wake up to what is happening here. This is not of God, nor is it of the Spirit of God. And it will take all of us to change it

Jim

Comment

That much is obvious. But it is your choice. I do wish I could break though the almost demonic irrationality that blinds you to what is actually happening here. I would like to suggest each of us actually pray about what is going on here. This sort of tirade is not God's doing. Nor is it the fruit of the Spirit.

Jim
                            "Almost demonic"? Do you have any idea what a serious charge that is to make against a fellow Christian? Go read Matthew 5:22. And then you have the gall to lecture us about prayer and fruits of the spirit.

Is it any wonder you are so often pegged as a hypocrite?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              "Almost demonic"? Do you have any idea what a serious charge that is to make against a fellow Christian? Go read Matthew 5:22. And then you have the gall to lecture us about prayer and fruits of the spirit.

Is it any wonder you are so often pegged as a hypocrite?
                              :says the man that accused me of worshipping a false messiah?

And yes, i would describe the irrationality that arises during our conversations as almost demonic. There is little to no sense to it. People become angry and irrational without any apparent cause. They dont understand what is being said and they see only evil in every word. But as is so often the case, once again you are off on the next race to create another such interaction as nothing ive said would invoke matthew 5:22.

Jesus rebuked even his own disciples for allowing themselves to be used as tools of satan. Christians often give in to the flesh, to anger, to bitterness, to fear, or to judgement and in doing so find themselves being used to accomplish Satan's goals in this world.

I would class a great deal of what happens in discussions here as fitting that bill. People abusing each other verbally day after day. No kindness, just insult afrer insult after insult.

And it just doesnt need to be that way. It should not be that way. At least not comming from the Christian participants.

Jim

Comment

:says the man that accused me of worshipping a false messiah?

And yes, i would describe the irrationality that arises during our conversations as almost demonic. There is little to no sense to it. People become angry and irrational without any apparent cause. They dont understand what is being said and they see only evil in every word. But as is so often the case, once again you are off on the next race to create another such interaction as nothing ive said would invoke matthew 5:22.

Jesus rebuked even his own disciples for allowing themselves to be used as tools of satan. Christians often give in to the flesh, to anger, to bitterness, to fear, or to judgement and in doing so find themselves being used to accomplish Satan's goals in this world.

I would class a great deal of what happens in discussions here as fitting that bill. People abusing each other verbally day after day. No kindness, just insult afrer insult after insult.

And it just doesnt need to be that way. It should not be that way. At least not comming from the Christian participants.

Jim
                                And you don't even realize that you just perfectly described yourself...
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment