Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The obvious has been officially confirmed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then there's this:

Nancy Pelosi released a “fact sheet” outlining her justification for the impeachment process. Within the justification Speaker Pelosi/Lawfare intentionally conflates investigating past political corruption/interference (2016) with the current 2020 election.

Speaker Pelosi’s self-serving position boils down to: any effort by the executive branch to investigate prior political corruption is grounds for presidential impeachment.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...r-impeachment/

Sketchy sketchy sketchy!

And if you want to know what has the Democrats so spooked, this is required reading:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...a-cover-story/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      And then there's this:

Nancy Pelosi released a “fact sheet” outlining her justification for the impeachment process. Within the justification Speaker Pelosi/Lawfare intentionally conflates investigating past political corruption/interference (2016) with the current 2020 election.

Speaker Pelosi’s self-serving position boils down to: any effort by the executive branch to investigate prior political corruption is grounds for presidential impeachment.

Sketchy sketchy sketchy!

And if you want to know what has the Democrats so spooked, this is required reading:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...a-cover-story/
      I seriously doubt there is much on that site that I would consider 'required reading'.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        I seriously doubt there is much on that site that I would consider 'required reading'.
        Of course. Who needs facts when you have the truth?

Comment

Now we have Democrats up in arms because Trump compared the impeachment nonsense going on in the House to a "lynching". Liberals, of course, are absurdly decrying this as racist.

But in 1998, that's exactly how Democrat Jerry Nadler described the impeachment of President Bill Clinton.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-bill-clinton/

Comment

Headline on CNN:

Mulvaney brashly admits quid pro quo over Ukraine aid as key details emerge

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/17/polit...aid/index.html

Source: cnn

White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney made a stunning admission Thursday by confirming that President Donald Trump froze nearly $400 million in US security aid to Ukraine in part to pressure that country into investigating Democrats.

Mulvaney insisted that he only knew of a US request to investigate the handling of a Democratic National Committee server hacked in the 2016 election, but text messages between US diplomats show efforts to get Ukraine to commit to an investigation into Burisma, the company on whose board former Vice President Joe Biden's son sat. There is no evidence of wrongdoing in Ukraine by either Biden.
            "That's why we held up the money," Mulvaney said after listing the 2016-related investigation and Trump's broader concerns about corruption in Ukraine.

© Copyright Original Source

So - to be clear - what he is admitting as far as a politically motivated quid-pro-quo is that the money was held pending a commitment to investigate into the servers and the 2016 election as it related to the Democrats.

Other texts show that this also included investigations into Burisma.

Bottom line: there is now a direct tie to Trump holding the money as leverage to get Ukraine to investigate issues related to his campaign. It was not merely 'corruption in the Ukraine'.

Jim
            Like I said. The obvious has been confirmed. From today's testimony by Bill Taylor:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/22/polit...ges/index.html

Source: CNN

"During that phone call, Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelensky to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 US election," according to the testimony.
            Sondland told Taylor he'd also made a mistake earlier by telling the Ukrainian officials that a White House meeting with Zelensky "was dependent on a public announcement of the investigations," Taylor said.
            "In fact, Ambassador Sondland said, 'everything' was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance," Taylor testified.
            He testified that Trump wanted Zelensky "in a public box" by making a public statement about ordering the investigations.

"Ambassador Sondland tried to explain to me that President Trump is a businessman. When a businessman is about to sign a check to someone who owes him something, he said, the businessman asks that person to pay up before signing the check," Taylor testified, adding that Volker had used the same phrase.
            "I argued to both that the explanation made no sense: the Ukrainians did not 'owe' President Trump anything, and holding up security assistance for domestic political gain was 'crazy,' as I had said in my text message to Ambassadors Sondland and Volker on September 9," Sondland[Taylor? SIC] added.

Jim
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-22-2019, 03:44 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Like I said. The obvious has been confirmed. From today's testimony by Bill Taylor:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/22/polit...ges/index.html

Source: CNN

"During that phone call, Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelensky to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 US election," according to the testimony.
              Sondland told Taylor he'd also made a mistake earlier by telling the Ukrainian officials that a White House meeting with Zelensky "was dependent on a public announcement of the investigations," Taylor said.
              "In fact, Ambassador Sondland said, 'everything' was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance," Taylor testified.
              He testified that Trump wanted Zelensky "in a public box" by making a public statement about ordering the investigations.

"Ambassador Sondland tried to explain to me that President Trump is a businessman. When a businessman is about to sign a check to someone who owes him something, he said, the businessman asks that person to pay up before signing the check," Taylor testified, adding that Volker had used the same phrase.
              "I argued to both that the explanation made no sense: the Ukrainians did not 'owe' President Trump anything, and holding up security assistance for domestic political gain was 'crazy,' as I had said in my text message to Ambassadors Sondland and Volker on September 9," Sondland[Taylor? SIC] added.

Jim
              This is right in line with what I posted earlier (with a key point highlighted):
              And then there's this:

Sketchy sketchy sketchy!
              So I guess the "new normal" is that we're supposed to let previous administrations get away with their crimes.

Comment

This is right in line with what I posted earlier (with a key point highlighted):
                So I guess the "new normal" is that we're supposed to let previous administrations get away with their crimes.
                On what planet? The attempts to force an investigation into BURISMA are related to the current 2020 election and Biden, 2016 is just related to general hurting democratic chances. And all of it was under threat of the loss of the security funds.

Jim

Comment

On what planet? The attempts to force an investigation into BURISMA are related to the current 2020 election and Biden, 2016 is just related to general hurting democratic chances. And all of it was under threat of the loss of the security funds.

Jim
                  This is why I cautioned you about crossing the line from fact to fiction. You state a fact -- Trump wants Joe Biden's sketchy business in Ukraine investigated -- and then start speculating -- he's only doing it to hurt Joe Biden's election chances. However, there are a number of legitimate reasons for Trump to do what he did, but you immediately assume the worse and then mistake your assumptions for facts.

Comment

This is why I cautioned you about crossing the line from fact to fiction. You state a fact -- Trump wants Joe Biden's sketchy business in Ukraine investigated -- and then start speculating -- he's only doing it to hurt Joe Biden's election chances. However, there are a number of legitimate reasons for Trump to do what he did, but you immediately assume the worse and then mistake your assumptions for facts.
                    No MM. There is no legitimate reason for POTUS to hold up security funds for Ukraine allocated by Congress over not investigating Joe Biden's son. There are plenty of (illegal) reasons for Donald Trump to hold up security funds for the Ukraine over not investigating Joe Biden's son.

Jim

Comment

• And now for your daily dose of irony...

The House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry into whether President Donald Trump attempted to influence the looming 2020 elections may interfere with the outcome of the presidential race in an ironic twist.

In other words, the Democrats are doing what they accuse Trump of trying to do: interfering in the ongoing presidential race. House Democrats launched the impeachment inquiry on September 24, months before the American public goes to the polls to elect the next president in November 2020.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...idential-race/

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        No MM. There is no legitimate reason for POTUS to hold up security funds for Ukraine allocated by Congress over not investigating Joe Biden's son. There are plenty of (illegal) reasons for Donald Trump to hold up security funds for the Ukraine over not investigating Joe Biden's son.
                        Before you start tossing around allegations like that, you might want to get your facts straight first, bucko.

“The money that was held up had nothing to do with Biden,” [White House Chief of Staff Mick] Mulvaney said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...to-dnc-server/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Before you start tossing around allegations like that, you might want to get your facts straight first, bucko.

“The money that was held up had nothing to do with Biden,” [White House Chief of Staff Mick] Mulvaney said.

And you might want to get your head out of the propaganda bubble once in a while and take a peek to see what the actual facts are. Apparently you missed ambassador Taylor's testimony today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Independent testimony from those directly involved and not beholden to trump says otherwise.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Apparently you missed ambassador Taylor's testimony today!
                              You mean the testimony where Mr. Taylor said, and I quote:

According to Mr. Morrison, President Trump told Ambassador Sondland that he was not asking for a "quid pro quo".

Is that the testimony you're referring to?

And from the honorable Rep. John Ratcliffe:

At the end of the day, this was about quid pro quo and whether or not the Ukrainians were aware that military aid was being withheld, and on that most important issue, neither this witness nor any other witness has provided any evidence that there was a quid pro quo, or any evidence that the Ukrainians were aware that military aid was being withheld on July 25th, and unless and until they bring in a witness who is willing to say that there was knowledge by someone that speaks Ukrainian to that fact, a quid pro quo is legally impossible.

[...]

Ambassador Taylor again, today, I found him to be very forthright. He had very strong opinions on Donald Trump’s approach to foreign policy. But, again, the mainstream media reporting that he provided evidence of a quid pro quo involving military aid is false. I questioned him directly on that. And under Adam Schiff’s rules I can’t tell you what he said but I can tell you what he didn’t say. Neither he or any other witness has provided testimony that the Ukrainians were aware that military aide was being withheld. You can’t have a quid pro quo with no quo!

[...]

The prosecution is missing an essential element of their case: there is no quid pro until someone from the Ukraine says we knew that military aide was being withheld during that July 25th call, and that testimony hasn't come, and it's not coming.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...omment-page-1/

Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-22-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                ...or because it's in their best political interest...

Impeachment is, after all, an entirely political process.
                                I'm not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic.

Legal experts -- Dersh, at the very least -- have noted that the Framers were concerned that it *not* be a "political" process, at least in the *partisan* sense, else it effectively makes the Executive branch subordinate to the Legislative branch, obviating separation of powers and remaking our system into a de facto parliamentary system which it was never intended to be.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment