Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Lord of the Rings TV series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord of the Rings TV series

Amazon to Adapt J.R.R. Tolkien’s Globally Renowned Fantasy Novels, The Lord of the Rings, for Television with a Multi Season Production Commitment

Television adaptation, exploring new storylines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring, slated to debut exclusively on Prime Video

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 13, 2017-- (NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced it has acquired the global television rights to The Lord of the Rings, based on the celebrated fantasy novels by J.R.R. Tolkien, with a multi-season commitment. The upcoming Amazon Prime Original will be produced by Amazon Studios in cooperation with the Tolkien Estate and Trust, HarperCollins and New Line Cinema, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment.

“The Lord of the Rings is a cultural phenomenon that has captured the imagination of generations of fans through literature and the big screen,” said Sharon Tal Yguado, Head of Scripted Series, Amazon Studios. “We are honored to be working with the Tolkien Estate and Trust, HarperCollins and New Line on this exciting collaboration for television and are thrilled to be taking The Lord of the Rings fans on a new epic journey in Middle Earth.”

“We are delighted that Amazon, with its longstanding commitment to literature, is the home of the first-ever multi-season television series for The Lord of the Rings,” said Matt Galsor, a representative for the Tolkien Estate and Trust and HarperCollins. “Sharon and the team at Amazon Studios have exceptional ideas to bring to the screen previously unexplored stories based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s original writings.”

Set in Middle Earth, the television adaptation will explore new storylines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring. The deal includes a potential additional spin-off series.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....cle&ID=2316587

There's certainly plenty of material to explore.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'm tentatively interested.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

They can go on weekly adventures, maybe pick up some treasure along the way, meet Joxer the Mighty and Xena...

Comment

I-have-a-bad-feeling-about-this.jpg
          I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]24916[/ATTACH]
            On a positive note, at least they're working with the Tolkien Estate. One can only hope they'll rein in the most egregious lapses.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              On a positive note, at least they're working with the Tolkien Estate. One can only hope they'll rein in the most egregious lapses.
              well they are going prequel to the writings so they can make up all sorts of stuff.

Hey at least they already have a set made for Hobbiton if they can get permission to use the set from the movies. Then we can all go to New Zealand and stay with Starlight and Raphael and visit the show.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]24916[/ATTACH]
                This is how I felt when I first saw the DuckTales reboot announced, and I have to say those feelings were unfounded. I really like the new show, it's a shame it's on a break from episodes for a bit. At least I can watch volume 1 of the original, and some Atomic Puppet in the meantime.

Comment

Maybe it will be Silmarillion stuff. I record and upload a happy dance to Tweb if it were Silmarillion stuff. Feanor is the anti-hero our culture needs right now.
                  "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                  Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                  Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                    Maybe it will be Silmarillion stuff. I record and upload a happy dance to Tweb if it were Silmarillion stuff. Feanor is the anti-hero our culture needs right now.
                    No need.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      No need.

Squerking?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Squerking?
                        nudans.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As long as it doesn't become Game of Middle-Earth™ it's already half a win in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            No need.

Did... did you hack my computer for that video of me?
                            "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                            Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                            Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                              I'm sure it will be Silmarillion stuff; the question is, will it be First, Second, or Third Age?

sigpic

Comment