Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Blue Waves and Red Waves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I provided the definition.
    That was part 2 of the original question - I'll leave you to your games.

I didn't provide examples.
    EGGzackly.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      That was part 2 of the original question - I'll leave you to your games.

EGGzackly.
      CP - sometimes you can be a turd. I read your post, responded to the second question, and forgot you had asked a first one. There was no game intended, which is why I asked if I had missed something - and I apparently had. So let me help you with an actual civil exchange:

CP post -
      CD response -
      CP: Umm.. Carpe... you only answered one of my questions. Was there a reason you didn't answer the other?
      CD: Oops...sorry about that CP...I forgot the first question by the time I finished answering the second - my bad. Here's the other answer.
      CP: Thanks! That helps me understand a bit.
      CD: NP. Thanks for your patience.

See how easy that is...? And it even goes so far as to assume the other person is not intentionally trying to be a turd.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

CP - sometimes you can be a turd. I read your post, responded to the second question, and forgot you had asked a first one. There was no game intended, which is why I asked if I had missed something - and I apparently had. So let me help you with an actual civil exchange:

CP post -
        CD response -
        CP: Umm.. Carpe... you only answered one of my questions. Was there a reason you didn't answer the other?
        CD: Oops...sorry about that CP...I forgot the first question by the time I finished answering the second - my bad. Here's the other answer.
        CP: Thanks! That helps me understand a bit.
        CD: NP. Thanks for your patience.

See how easy that is...? And it even goes so far as to assume the other person is not intentionally trying to be a turd.
        You can be even turdier, as demonstrated in this post where you COULD have simply answered the question and not gotten so turdial. Trying to get a straight answer from you sometimes is like trying to nail M1A1 Main Battle Tanks to Rose Bushes!

ETA: In fact, you're the TURDIEST! So there!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          You can be even turdier, as demonstrated in this post where you COULD have simply answered the question and not gotten so turdial. Trying to get a straight answer from you sometimes is like trying to nail M1A1 Main Battle Tanks to Rose Bushes!

ETA: In fact, you're the TURDIEST! So there!
          I did answer your question - as soon as you pointed out that my answer was incomplete. Actually - you didn't even bother to do that - you gave me the very informative "I give up." I had no idea what you were talking abut and asked, and got the very adult and helpful, "The answer to my question, but that's OK - I no longer care." Since I HAD answered your question (I thought) I was seriously perplexed. That made me go back to the original post, where I realized I had missed a question, which I proceeded to answer. So then I (finally) got "That was part 2 of the original question" - I'll leave you to your games." and your quote of my post excluded the answer to the first question.

Really CP - you could have done a LOT better on just plain civility on this one.

And this exchange has now gone on long enough - I'll leave it to you.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I did answer your question - as soon as you pointed out that my answer was incomplete. Actually - you didn't even bother to do that - you gave me the very informative "I give up." I had no idea what you were talking abut and asked, and got the very adult and helpful, "The answer to my question, but that's OK - I no longer care." Since I HAD answered your question (I thought) I was seriously perplexed. That made me go back to the original post, where I realized I had missed a question, which I proceeded to answer. So then I (finally) got "That was part 2 of the original question" - I'll leave you to your games." and your quote of my post excluded the answer to the first question.

Really CP - you could have done a LOT better on just plain civility on this one.

And this exchange has now gone on long enough - I'll leave it to you.
            wow

Comment