Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chloroquine May Cause a Headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chloroquine May Cause a Headache

Link: https://www.foxnews.com/media/corona...saved-his-life
    Coronavirus patient Rio Giardinieri joined "The Ingraham Angle" and spoke about how he believes hydroxychloroquine changed his fight against the virus.

"I'm not a scientist. I'm not a doctor. But I know when I'm sitting here in pain and they've tried all kinds of antibiotics sorting through me and I continue to get worse. My breathing became worse. Speaking became difficult," Giardinieri said Monday night. "And a friend of mine from a prayer line reached out, a friend of 43 years and says, 'Hey, I saw this on Laura Ingraham's show. You need to take this medicine and you need to ask your doctor to give it to you now.'"

CHLOROQUINE: WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT POTENTIAL CORONAVIRUS TREATMENT

"My feeling at that particular time was I thought I was at the end of my rope and I didn't see any other options," Giardinieri said, asking his nurse and doctor about the experimental drug. "For me, it was a risk worth taking."

The patient told Ingraham that, after he began treatment with the hydroxychloroquine, he felt better.

"I feel fantastic. And I have since I woke up on Saturday morning. I know it sounds unbelievable. People are questioning me about it, but I know what I feel," Giardinieri said. "I woke up at 4:45 in the morning and it felt like I had nothing. And I had to catch myself for a second, say, wait, I'm breathing... This is not normal. And I realized I didn't have a fever anymore."

"So I hit the nurse call button at 4:45 and I said, 'I'm fine. Can you send a nurse? And I feel a little hungry.' The nurse came and took my vitals. Sure enough, my fever was gone," Giardinieri said. "It was not broken for nine days. And then it was gone."

During a news conference on Sunday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the state has acquired 70,000 doses of hydroxychloroquine, 10,000 doses of zithromax and 750,000 doses of chloroquine, with trials set to start Tuesday.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"My only thing I had was I had a headache. And that lasted a couple days. But all the other symptoms were completely gone," Giardinieri added.
    IngrahamOnChloroquine.jpg

This medicine should be mentioned all over the news media. And it has been approved for the Huwan virus. We need to hear the good news now.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 03-31-2020, 09:40 PM.

They are starting trials of it here in the next few days with people who have been diagnosed with covid.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

This medicine should be mentioned all over the news media. And it has been approved for the Huwan virus. We need to hear the good news now.
      Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
      But how is Big Pharma going to make billions?
      How?
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
        How?
        You mean like $500 billion.

Their fallback is to continue the cancer treatments. They are hoping to expand this business too.

Comment

Many countries are seeing success with chloroquine for many patients, which is good. People should still not be self-medicating with this as overdose can be fatal and it's not good for people with diabetes or heart issues.

But most importantly, there are billions upon billions at stake.
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            [...]
            I am definitely not an expert but one should always be careful on this area:

A Phoenix-area man has died and his wife was in critical condition after the couple took chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks that is also found in an anti-malaria medication touted by Donald Trump as a treatment for Covid-19. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uine-phosphate
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              Why leave the choice of medications to doctors when you have the internet?

Comment

Yeah they drank fish tank cleaner. Genius.

Comment

Note the headline in your source: Arizona man dies after attempting to take Trump coronavirus 'cure'

Yup, it's Trump's fault that they drank aquarium cleaner which includes additives and to say isn't medicinal quality is an understatement. This moron and his idiotic wife drank an industrial chemical used to clean fish tanks because "chloroquine phosphate" was listed among the ingredients and thought it was basically the same thing.

And note, they guzzled it down as some sort of preventative which nobody, including Trump, touted it as.

So, essentially the couple drank a toxic chemical because it sounded sort of like something Trump had talked about at one of his press briefings.

But that wasn't how NBC reported it after interviewing the woman in the hospital. Nor was it what the NBC reporter tweeted

Yup, Trump told them to drink industrial strength fish tank cleaner.

Pretty much what The Hill claimed as well

And Forbes took it one step further:

Source: Man Dead From Taking Chloroquine Product After Trump Touts Drug For Coronavirus

When President Trump incorrectly announced that the FDA had fast-tracked approval of the drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for treatment of COVID-19, he added, “The nice part is, it's been around for a long time, so we know that if it—if things don't go as planned, it's not going to kill anybody.”

Except it just did.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

No it didn't. It was a mixture of chemicals used to clean aquariums that contained a number of chemicals not meant for human consumption. And it should also be noted that doctors have been giving chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine to patients with the Chicom coronavirus and been achieving positive results in some cases. They haven't been giving them fish tank cleaner. Nor have they been giving it as a preventative.

But don't let those troublesome facts get in the way of a chance to bash Trump.

Slate: Arizona Man Dies From Chloroquine Overdose After Listening to Trump Coronavirus Press Conference

Time magazine: Arizona Man Dies After Taking Chemical in Coronavirus Treatment Touted by President Trump

CBS: Arizona man dies, wife ill after taking drug touted as virus treatment: "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure"

Buzzfeed: A Man Died After Self-Medicating With A Form Of A Drug That Trump Promoted As A Potential Treatment For The Coronavirus

KTAR News (an Arizona radio station): Arizona man dies after ingesting substance touted by President Trump

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Note the headline in your source: Arizona man dies after attempting to take Trump coronavirus 'cure'

Yup, it's Trump's fault that they drank aquarium cleaner which includes additives and to say isn't medicinal quality is an understatement. This moron and his idiotic wife drank an industrial chemical used to clean fish tanks because "chloroquine phosphate" was listed among the ingredients and thought it was basically the same thing.

And note, they guzzled it down as some sort of preventative which nobody, including Trump, touted it as.

So, essentially the couple drank a toxic chemical because it sounded sort of like something Trump had talked about at one of his press briefings.

But that wasn't how NBC reported it after interviewing the woman in the hospital. Nor was it what the NBC reporter tweeted

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43817[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43818[/ATTACH]

Source: Man Dead From Taking Chloroquine Product After Trump Touts Drug For Coronavirus

When President Trump incorrectly announced that the FDA had fast-tracked approval of the drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for treatment of COVID-19, he added, “The nice part is, it's been around for a long time, so we know that if it—if things don't go as planned, it's not going to kill anybody.”

Except it just did.

Source

No it didn't. It was a mixture of chemicals used to clean aquariums that contained a number of chemicals not meant for human consumption. And it should also be noted that doctors have been giving chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine to patients with the Chicom coronavirus and been achieving positive results in some cases. They haven't been giving them fish tank cleaner. Nor have they been giving it as a preventative.

Slate: Arizona Man Dies From Chloroquine Overdose After Listening to Trump Coronavirus Press Conference

Time magazine: Arizona Man Dies After Taking Chemical in Coronavirus Treatment Touted by President Trump

CBS: Arizona man dies, wife ill after taking drug touted as virus treatment: "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure"

Buzzfeed: A Man Died After Self-Medicating With A Form Of A Drug That Trump Promoted As A Potential Treatment For The Coronavirus

KTAR News (an Arizona radio station): Arizona man dies after ingesting substance touted by President Trump

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43819[/ATTACH]
                    The active ingredient in rat poison is used to treat some medical conditions, so you should eat some rat poison if you think you have one of them. Makes perfect sense!
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                      Why leave the choice of medications to doctors when you have the internet?
                      This reminds me of all the pharma commercials I see on TV and the internet which tell you to ask your doctor about their medicines.

Comment

My interest is that people should be given good news that helps take the fears away. There is medicine that helps ends the sickness and does it quickly -- if only recommended for people having worse respiratory problems. The disease is brought closer to flu season prognosis. The anticipated death rate should be adjusted for this. And the production of this (which is done in America) should be stepped up, as necessary.

Comment

Which is basically what was already in the part I quoted. Let me repeat it:

A Phoenix-area man has died and his wife was in critical condition after the couple took chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks that is also found in an anti-malaria medication touted by Donald Trump as a treatment for Covid-19.
                          So, basically, you are repeating what was already there presenting it as if it is somehow new or not there.

From one of your own sources:

It’s unclear if the couple took it specifically because of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, but now Banner Health is warning everyone to avoid self-medicating. https://time.com/5808688/chloroquine...navirus-death/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43817[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43818[/ATTACH]

Except it just did.

Source

I agree with very much of that and think you have shown examples of biased reporting which is why the following is rather strange:

It seem to me that you falsely imply I support the examples given above. So much for the talk about troublesome facts. And while we are at it, there is something else you seem to regard as troublesome facts:

At a news conference last week, Trump falsely stated that the Food and Drug Administration had just approved the use of an anti-malaria medication called chloroquine to treat patients infected with coronavirus.

Even after the FDA chief clarified that the drug still needs to be tested for that use, Trump overstated the drug’s potential upside in containing the virus. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uine-phosphate
                          Troublesome facts...
                          Last edited by Charles; 04-01-2020, 01:06 PM.
                          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Yeah they drank fish tank cleaner. Genius.
                            Might want to check your sources on that, pirate.

It was a treatment for fish parasites. They overdosed.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                              Might want to check your sources on that, pirate.

It was a treatment for fish parasites. They overdosed.
                              They took a non medicine grade form of the chemical/medicine. And not for treatment of the disease, but as a prophylactic, preventative measure, and not as a treatment for covid 19. Preppers try to stay prepared, during the anthrax scares, feed grade antibiotics were stocked up on (which is probably safe) as well as crop protection sprays. The difficulty is that the labels are not written for an individual, human dose, and the arithmetic is tedious.

They overdosed. They used it as a preventative. They used a cheap and easily available form of it. They used it outside of any medical supervision. They also believed Trump.

Comment