Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump and the Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

ThatÂ’s a great strawman, come back when you can understand the argument that was made. Let me make it easy for you to grasp:

If you wipe down an object with no PPE, but you yourself are infected. Has your work on wiping down equipment done anything?

What we know:

1. Asymptomatic people are believed to play a role in the spread of this virus.
    2. A person, may spend as much as 14 days until showing signs.
    3. Children and young adults may not show any signs, but may play a role in spreading the disease.
    4. The disease can live on steel and plastic, for up to three days and cardboard up to 24 hours.

Now letÂ’s combine these facts and see if you can grasp what I said. Can you?
    How does each of the four points affect the person you saw wiping down carts with bare hand and without a mask?

If you are infected, and wipe down a cart, without sneezing, then the cart is cleaned. If you wipe down a cart and do sneeze or cough on it, it is still cleaner after than before. Both instances will have a cart with a lower virus load than before. And I even think that it is still cleaner, with a lower virus load, even if the one wiping it down is infected AND coughs on it.

Just how sterile do you think a cart can become with a quick wipe down? The irony is that wiping down carts is largely symbolic, but still important. You claim expertise from your Army training, yet at one time it did cover the various levels of decontamination, as well as different modes of transmission and how that affects the needed cleaning levels.

How much difference do you think the men in suits, walking down the brick sidewalk in asia spraying actually made in transmission of the disease?

Comment

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
      How does each of the four points affect the person you saw wiping down carts with bare hand and without a mask?

If you are infected, and wipe down a cart, without sneezing, then the cart is cleaned. If you wipe down a cart and do sneeze or cough on it, it is still cleaner after than before. Both instances will have a cart with a lower virus load than before. And I even think that it is still cleaner, with a lower virus load, even if the one wiping it down is infected AND coughs on it.

Just how sterile do you think a cart can become with a quick wipe down? The irony is that wiping down carts is largely symbolic, but still important. You claim expertise from your Army training, yet at one time it did cover the various levels of decontamination, as well as different modes of transmission and how that affects the needed cleaning levels.

How much difference do you think the men in suits, walking down the brick sidewalk in asia spraying actually made in transmission of the disease?
      What is the infection rate of SARS-CoV2 vs H1N1 or other types of diseases?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

What is the infection rate of SARS-CoV2 vs H1N1 or other types of diseases?
        ?? I don't follow what that has to do with this discussion. My post centered on cleaning and sanitizing.

I read somewhere that the infection rate is roughly twice that of h1n1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara View Post

Enjoy what comes.
          Bless your heart, aren't just an angry little ball of hate

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            You know that, do you? Besides the fact that, no, you don't know that, it is also doubtful that Clinton would have done everything exactly the same as Trump to begin with. For one thing it's highly doubtful that she would have disbanded the very Pandemic Response Team that was established by the administration that she worked for. It's also unlikely that she would have rejected the testing kits offered by the W.H.O. and delayed the most important part of containing the spread of the virus, or that she would have lied to the public about the seriousness of the pandemic which misinformation was also detrimental to containment.
            What we do know, in a desperate attempt to remain relevant Hillary is busy touting the Chicom party line that referring to the coronavirus as the Wuhan coronavirus or the Chinese coronavirus is racist. That's where her priorities are.

Gotta wonder if the Chicoms just made a contribution to the Clinton Foundation or if she's doing this pro bono.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Bless your heart, aren't just an angry little ball of hate
              I don't hate you, I think you're a dangerous fool. MM meanwhile is just a terrible person, again, not exactly his fault, who knows why men choose to be evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara View Post
                I don't hate you, I think you're a dangerous fool. MM meanwhile is just a terrible person, again, not exactly his fault, who knows why men choose to be evil.
                Being enraged appears to be your only setting and mix that with the hatred your posts exude makes for quite the toxic cocktail.

Comment

Being enraged appears to be your only setting and mix that with the hatred your posts exude makes for quite the toxic cocktail.
                  Your toxic hateful ideology is a massive problem, so, thanks for being you.

Comment

Your more subtle, but slow poisoning by toxic cocktail.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I already linked to it, but you’re welcome to explain how you think another president would have reacted, in a similar situation and explain how and why. I can wait.

Does not help. Subjective anecdotal 'like' is meaningless.
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

And yet again you just avoided addressing any posts that directly deal with your OP like the this one and choose instead to whine.
                        Manure shotgun bring up everything you hate in the past like Hillary and not the subject of the thread represent posts not worth addressing.

Frank

Comment

• I think rogue got what he want, an over the top response from Z. Chalk it up as a "win" for Rogue, even if it was pulled.
                          Last edited by simplicio; 03-20-2020, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara
                            Why are you helping the small minded little retard fool. He and MM really should just be muted as standard.
                            Its not helping Rogue. I think there is something wrong when Christian feel entitled to be provocative, but to paraphrase MelodyMaker, it is their sandbox.

Comment

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                              I think rogue got what he want, an over the top response from Z. Chalk it up as a "win" for Rogue, even if it was pulled.
                              He didn't get what he wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zero View Post
                                I've been called worse by people better than you.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment