Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    My point has little to with the presentation of the all facts of a case, which is a given. It has everything to do with the continued focus on facts already shown to be irrelavent and the complete lack of focus on the killers, who THEY were, what THEIR background or foibles are. The only people getting any real scrutiny are the victims, and the majority of comments, the majority of the facts brought to light and presented on these pages serves primarily to denigrate the victims and partially absolve the killers.
    That is absolutely true. Some like to claim they are so focused on "facts" when the truth is, they only take interest in certain "facts". Their focus says an awful lot about their state of mind.
    Last edited by Charles; 06-06-2020, 12:29 PM.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Still doing your best to defend the actions of the McMichaels, eh MM?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Christian blues musician Glenn Kaiser has written an interesting piece called: White America Wake Up, Grow Up, Ante Up

Plenty of professing Christians in my nation shrug and rationalize “Probably had it coming, reaping what they sowed, we don’t have all the facts, judge not” while blood cries out from the ground. When will we Wake Up from this nightmare of fatalities we whites help create by our own prejudice, willful distance and ignorance, self-righteousness, fear and violent attacks often in the name of “self-defense”?
        Rather than repent, facing the many layers of cost to our pride, systemically racist laws, the normalcy of injustices including mass incarceration, murderS and more regularly pressed upon minority people in our land we think, speak and misquote scripture to carve ourselves exits. Easier to argue, social media troll, lock up people of color, even lock and load.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          The land owner did not contact nor complain to the police concerning a complaint of trespassing nor a complaint of any other crime.

The security camera is simply standard equipment on homes to prevent crime. As cited no crime committed here. The land owner gave the police copies of the videos simply as a part of the investigation of the murder of Ahmaud Aubrey

Read the reference again.
          You really just need to quit spewing forth ignorance.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Glenn Kaiser is from Chicago, so he's seen the worst of black-on-black violence.

Of course he's just spouting the usual "white privilege" and "critical race theory" nonsense, but I will continue enjoy his music nonetheless.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              The land owner did not contact nor complain to the police concerning a complaint of trespassing nor a complaint of any other crime.

[...]

The security camera is simply standard equipment on homes to prevent crime. As cited no crime committed here. The land owner gave the police copies of the videos simply as a part of the investigation of the murder of Ahmaud Aubrey

I'm not trying to intervene in a general dispute you and Shunyadragon may have; I'm the new guy here, and I take no sides in conflicts like that.

Beyond this, I believe most of what Shunyadragon wrote/cited was accurate. You were right, too, when you said trespassing took place. I just think you're talking past each other.

Expound only if you want to, or leave this post as an observation which has no ultimate/cosmic significance whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                I'm not trying to intervene in a general dispute you and Shunyadragon may have; I'm the new guy here, and I take no sides in conflicts like that.

Beyond this, I believe most of what Shunyadragon wrote/cited was accurate. You were right, too, when you said trespassing took place. I just think you're talking past each other.

Expound only if you want to, or leave this post as an observation which has no ultimate/cosmic significance whatsoever.
                Shuny reads something, makes WILD suppositions as to what was said, and responds to that. He has a history of doing this.

But, thanks.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Shuny reads something, makes WILD suppositions as to what was said, and responds to that. He has a history of doing this.

But, thanks.
                  You didn’t specify what wild assumptions he made. Moreover, you didn’t even acknowledge the valid points he made, which obviously makes you look like you’re siding with the racists in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
                    You didn’t specify what wild assumptions he made. Moreover, you didn’t even acknowledge the valid points he made, which obviously makes you look like you’re siding with the racists in this case.
                    Exactly.

Comment

You need to respond coherently to the post, and respond to the reference I provided, which you conveniently dodged.

Originally posted by whag
                      Still waiting . . .
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-06-2020, 03:41 PM.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

But, thanks.
                        Again, no coherent response to the news release with video I cited.
                        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Again, no coherent response to the news release with video I cited.
                          Ya noticed, did ya?

Comment

We don't know that - we just know we have no record of him doing so. I'd be inclined to believe he did not, but you can't say positively that he never did.

The security camera is simply standard equipment on homes to prevent crime.
                            No, he had them added AFTER fishing tackle was stolen from his boat.

As cited no crime committed here.
                            Trespassing is a crime. That he did not report does not negate the fact that it is a crime.

The land owner gave the police copies of the videos simply as a part of the investigation of the murder of Ahmaud Aubrey
                            I never said he didn't.

Try to stay with the actual facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
                              You didn’t specify what wild assumptions he made.
                              A) I was speaking generally, not just that one specific case
                              2) There's simply not enough time.

Moreover, you didn’t even acknowledge the valid points he made,
                              I believe I allowed him one.

which obviously makes you look like you’re siding with the racists in this case.
                              Yeah, that's gotta be it.

Comment

A) I was speaking generally, not just that one specific case
                                2) There's simply not enough time.

I believe I allowed him one.

Yeah, that's gotta be it.
                                Yea, and it’s gotta be “it” that three armed whites who chase and kill a loitering black man, ending their attack by calling him the n-word, are the good guys here.

Comment