Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    But Jim, Ukraine got the aid without any investigation. And three times now the Ukrainian President made clear that aid was never tied to any investigation. Schiff's response to that last week was basically that Zelensky lied.
    Ukraine got the aid only after the whistle was blown on the extortion scheme. The Ukrainian President is fighting a war against Russian aggression and is in very much need of U.S. aid and ergo Trumps good graces so of course he's not going to cross the President. But Zelensky doesn't need to admit to it, because the evidence and testimony shows that the aid was tied to a public pronouncement on CNN by Zelensky stating his opening of investigations on Biden. You guys don't pay attention! Also, an AP story just came out today claiming that the U.S. State department was well aware of the pressure that Zelenskty felt to investigate the Bidens because he brought it up to Ambassador Yovanovich as well as others several times all the way back in May. It is said that notes were taken which means that there is a paper trail and probably more witnesses to come.
    Besides, use your head, Ukraine is an ally of the U.S. and is being attacked by our enemy, apparently not Trumps enemy, but an adversary of the U.S. and has lost 13,000 soldiers in that battle already. To withold military aid, aid already appropriated by congress, both for Ukraines and the U.S national security, is not only abuse of power, it is treason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Democrats are signaling that they're not all in lockstep concerning impeachment.

Appearing on Fox News Channel’s Sunday Morning Futures, Democrat Rep. Jeff Van Drew (NJ), who opposes impeachment, revealed some Democrats are privately expressing “concern” about the impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump.

A partial transcript is as follows:
      MARIA BARTIROMO: We’re expecting an impeachment vote sometime in December. How will you vote?

REP. JEFF VAN DREW: I would imagine I’ll be voting “no.” Now, I always have a codicil if there’s something new, something we haven’t heard, something that really rises to the level of treason or a high crime, that would be different. But we don’t see that. We see little different variations, hearsay, discussions that somebody heard something that somebody else said. Impeachment, as you know, our founding fathers had vigorous debates over whether they would even allow impeachment in the Constitution. You don’t disenfranchise voters, millions upon millions of voters. Voters choose their leaders in America.

BARTIROMO: Are you hearing from some of your colleagues in some of the states that President Trump won that they may also vote “no?” Are you hearing some concerns amongst your colleagues or are you sort of a lone wolf in all of this?

REP. VAN DREW: I don’t know how other folks will vote, because in all honesty, originally, I thought there were going to be a few more, not that it matters to me if I’m one or I’m 101. I do what I believe is right. There is some discussion among some of them quietly, privately, of concern, certainly. What I’m hearing out in the street is with most people is, they’re kind of tired, they’re kind of worn out, they’re kind of bored, most folks, and they really want to move on. Unless there’s something new and amazing, we know the end game here.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...m-impeachment/
      Nothing new here, Van Drew voted against the impeachment inquiry in the first place. He's a politician concerned more about his job security than his responsibility to the constitution. He'll come around if and when his constituents do and then hopefully his constitutents will vote him out of office as well.

Comment

Furthermore, several of the "witnesses" have said that Ukraine was never even aware that aid had been temporarily suspended.
        MOST witnesses have linked the aid to an investigation into Biden. And in the notorious phone call in Kyiv there’s an account of the conversation which involves Trump personally calling about the investigations into Democrats and Joe Biden, which is central to the impeachment inquiry.

“I think the Ukrainians gradually came to understand that they were being asked to do something in exchange for the meeting and the security assistance hold being lifted.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ndland-ukraine
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• [doug letter, representing the house judiciary committee - which would eventually be responsible for filing articles of impeachment against the president - spoke to the federal appeals court on monday.
          He said the impeachment inquiry was looking into the ukraine matter but revealed lawmakers were also investigating whether mr trump lied to mr mueller during the course of the probe into russian meddling in the 2016 election.
          bbc
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            MOST witnesses have linked the aid to an investigation into Biden. And in the notorious phone call in Kyiv there’s an account of the conversation which involves Trump personally calling about the investigations into Democrats and Joe Biden, which is central to the impeachment inquiry.

“I think the Ukrainians gradually came to understand that they were being asked to do something in exchange for the meeting and the security assistance hold being lifted.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ndland-ukraine
            It seems that nobody in the Ukrainian government was aware of this supposed link, and they took no specific action to get the aid released. Whatever Sondland might "think the Ukrainians came to understand" is irrelevant, because several Ukrainian officials, including President Zelensky himself, have said they were never pressured to investigate Joe Biden.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It seems that nobody in the Ukrainian government was aware of this supposed link, and they took no specific action to get the aid released. Whatever Sondland might "think the Ukrainians came to understand" is irrelevant, because several Ukrainian officials, including President Zelensky himself, have said they were never pressured to investigate Joe Biden.
              The Ukraine government are trying very hard to not upset Trump in case they get stuffed again.

And Putin will keep on testing the strength of this strategic partnership to see if he can break it, with Trump’s help.
              Last edited by firstfloor; 11-19-2019, 05:43 AM.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                The Ukraine government are trying very hard to not upset Trump in case they get stuffed again.
                Right, the Ukrainians are lying. It's the only explanation.

Comment

Look, however you want to twist the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors", the fact of the matter is that it doesn't apply to President Trump on the simple basis that there is no evidence that he did anything deserving of impeachment.
                  He beat Hillary

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    He beat Hillary
                    Though more people voted for Hillary.
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Right, the Ukrainians are lying. It's the only explanation.
                      Putin is running circles round you lot; POTUS, Barr, Rudy, Mountain Man, etc.

Comment

Look, however you want to twist the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors", the fact of the matter is that it doesn't apply to President Trump on the simple basis that there is no evidence that he did anything deserving of impeachment.
                        Well, nothing that gets reported on Fox News at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                          Well, nothing that gets reported on Fox News at least.
                          You apparently pay closer attention to Fox News than I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            Though more people voted for Hillary.
                            We have this thing called the Electoral College, which both candidates campaigned to win.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              We have this thing called the Electoral College, which both candidates campaigned to win.
                              Which does nothing to change the fact that more people voted for Hillary.
                              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                A fact that the Russians zeroed in on when getting their man, and your man, elected.

Comment