Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    And the fact that you think Muslims murdering homosexuals is immoral in their own society shows you believe that standard to be objective and universal.
    I can't believe that this fact is going over Tass' head.
    Last edited by seer; 06-12-2019, 09:09 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      I think Tass is so fixed on defending homosexuality that he is incapable of looking at facts or reason or logic - and goes straight to emotion.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Well his head is so buried up his tuckus that pretty much everything goes over his head.

Comment

Then you have no complaint. But the fact that you are here arguing with me and others about what is good and what is bad, what is moral and immoral, means that you do believe in some moral standard of "good" that we should all strive towards.
          I am NOT arguing about what is good and bad in absolute terms. You are, I’m not. Do you compre?

What was “good” in previous societies, e.g. witch-killing, racial discrimination or incarcerating homosexuals was once acceptable, it is no longer. Much of what is acceptable in our current society may well go the way of witch-killing etc. in the future. They are ALL subjective values.

And the fact that you think Muslims murdering homosexuals is immoral in their own society shows you believe that standard to be objective and universal.
          What “it shows” is that you utterly missed the point. I said the opposite dummy. I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. According to the standards of their culture it is not wrong, it is divinely mandated. But such activity is no longer acceptable in our culture today. It is in theirs; it is not in ours.

No it is just my observation of what you have said in this thread and others. You both want to claim that morals are just subjective cultural values and that the morals that YOU believe should be applied to everyone.
          I have NOT said that at all, quite the reverse. This is your misrepresentation of what you think I said.

There are NO objective values as I’ve said many times. The morality YOU consider ‘objective’, namely that contained in the bible is just as subjective as the subjective morality of today. The people who wrote the bible were merely reflecting the subjective social values of the day; they were no more ‘objective’ than the social values of today. Just much older and out of touch with current social values.

Do you try to force your preferences for Ice Cream flavors on others? No. Yet you think you can tell others, including me, what my moral standards should be.
          Such hypocrisy. This from someones who wants conservative Justices on the SCOTUS to do exactly that.

The fact that you can't even see what you are doing is just the icing on the cake of your ignorance.

So funny.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            I am NOT arguing about what is good and bad in absolute terms. You are, I’m not. Do you compre?

What was “good” in previous societies, e.g. witch-killing, racial discrimination or incarcerating homosexuals was once acceptable, it is no longer. Much of what is acceptable in our current society may well go the way of witch-killing etc. in the future. They are ALL subjective values.

What “it shows” is that you utterly missed the point. I said the opposite dummy. I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. According to the standards of their culture it is not wrong, it is divinely mandated. But such activity is no longer acceptable in our culture today. It is in theirs; it is not in ours.

I have NOT said that at all, quite the reverse. This is your misrepresentation of what you think I said.

There are NO objective values as I’ve said many times. The morality YOU consider ‘objective’, namely that contained in the bible is just as subjective as the subjective morality of today. The people who wrote the bible were merely reflecting the subjective social values of the day; they were no more ‘objective’ than the social values of today. Just much older and out of touch with current social values.

Such hypocrisy. This from someones who wants conservative Justices on the SCOTUS to do exactly that.

So funny.

OK then Tassman, Whenever you argue that something is "wrong" in the future, we will just remind you that there is no "right" or "wrong" it is just your subjective opinion, and we don't care what you think.

Comment

OK then Tassman, Whenever you argue that something is "wrong" in the future, we will just remind you that there is no "right" or "wrong" it is just your subjective opinion, and we don't care what you think.

[cough] Buttigieg [cough]
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                [cough] Buttigieg [cough]
                The very fact that Tassman argues with us and wants to convince us that he is right and we are wrong, shows that he believes that morality is objective and there is a standard of "good" that we should all agree on but don't.

Comment

The very fact that Tassman argues with us and wants to convince us that he is right and we are wrong, shows that he believes that morality is objective and there is a standard of "good" that we should all agree on but don't.
                  I'm beginning to wonder if his happy meal is missing a bunch of fries and pickles.... so often, the links he posts speak AGAINST what he's trying to say, and when you call him on it, he just doubles down.....

and he has this really strange notion that "I've already posted" or "As I've said many times" makes his argument any less nutty or wrrrrrr.... wrrrrr..... wrrrrrrrrrr..... not exactly right.

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if his happy meal is missing a bunch of fries and pickles.... so often, the links he posts speak AGAINST what he's trying to say, and when you call him on it, he just doubles down.....

and he has this really strange notion that "I've already posted" or "As I've said many times" makes his argument any less nutty or wrrrrrr.... wrrrrr..... wrrrrrrrrrr..... not exactly right.
                    He's a de facto troll, in behaviour, if not in intention. He doesn't respond to being shown wrong, except merely to shift his point of attack.

His worldview is so full of holes and incoherence that I stopped taking him seriously about 8 years ago.

He is helpful in one sense: His irrationality and clear bigoted hatred of Christ and Christians are a data point that helps confirm the truth of the gospel and the Bible.
                    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                      He's a de facto troll, in behaviour, if not in intention. He doesn't respond to being shown wrong, except merely to shift his point of attack.

His worldview is so full of holes and incoherence that I stopped taking him seriously about 8 years ago.

He is helpful in one sense: His irrationality and clear bigoted hatred of Christ and Christians are a data point that helps confirm the truth of the gospel and the Bible.
                      I was just about to say that same exact thing!!!!

Comment

I was just about to say that same exact thing!!!!

No. I was!

Comment

• But is Tassman a commited troll or a practicing one?

Comment

But is Tassman a commited troll or a practicing one?
                            He's a cafeteria troll, but he needs to be committed.

Comment

He's a cafeteria troll, but he needs to be committed.
                              You and Sparko are a regular Laurel and Hardy double act.

Interesting that you feel the need to reinforce each others non-arguments rather than actually engage with your interlocutor . It is so obvious that you are unable. .
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Once again, dummy. There is ‘right and wrong’ according to the values of a given community; there is demonstrably NO absolute ‘right and wrong’ in an eternal sense…otherwise our society would still be killing witches and discriminating against black people.

Hence It is “right” for certain Muslims to toss homosexuals of roof tops as per their current community values. It is “wrong” for members of our own Western Democracies to do the same or similar re incarcerating homosexuals, as per our current community values.

Comment