Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Tools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools.

This thread is all about tools. Whatever tool or tools you want to talk about. Pictures are encouraged.
    "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
    -Marcus Aurelius

I loves me a radial arm saw...... particularly one with a traveling blade!!!!

maxresdefault.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

One of the handiest tools, however, is the simple speed square....

hqdefault.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And clamps - old fashioned ones.....

39105-01-1000.jpg

Comment

My most important tools

smoker.jpg

Smoker

hive tool.jpg

Hive tool
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Wegnercompleteswissarmyknife.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For when you don't want to look like a pig (no offense meant ) at the dinner table...

roguetech's Dainty Bacon Scoop™:

northerntool-backhoe-sm.jpg
              While etiquette requires that you extend your
              pinky while operating, it really isn't necessary

And with this I win the thread as per Jed's Law

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                One of the handiest tools, however, is the simple speed square....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22121[/ATTACH]
                That's definitely on my "tools to eventually buy" list. I used one constantly on the last job and it's super handy.
                "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

This is one of my most used tools for work: side cutting pliers.

7a462883-be8a-4e1c-838b-cc76becd5943_1000.jpg

Seriously, I never know when I'm going to need them and they work on tons of stuff.
                  -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
                    That's definitely on my "tools to eventually buy" list. I used one constantly on the last job and it's super handy.
                    I've used a speed square for so long and so often that it's like an extension of my hand... when I first started using one, I would have to flip it over several times to get the configuration I wanted. I regularly use one as a guide when crosscutting lumber with a circular saw.

1482614.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
                      This is one of my most used tools for work: side cutting pliers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22130[/ATTACH]

Seriously, I never know when I'm going to need them and they work on tons of stuff.
                      I also like the "fence" version, including a hammer head...

pliers-2t-1900.jpg

Comment

I've used a lot of battery powered tools over the years, but a couple years ago, I decided it was time to standardize on a battery / tool platform.

I bought a starter set of Ryobi 18v power tools, and quickly found I liked them quite a bit. There is a HUGE range of tools available, all using the same, or compatible, batteries. I like having several batteries fully charged, and being able to use them on whatever tool I pick up.

Ryobi-P1879-18V-5pc-Cordless-Power-Tool-Combo-Kit.jpga90355c564e9c3b098193aca4d9eb56f.jpgryobi.jpg
                        Last edited by Cow Poke; 05-01-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Can production software be legitimately classified as a tool in this thread?
                          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

And what's really cool about the Ryobi power tools -- available exclusively at Home Depot, I think -- is that they often have a special "Buy a drill, get two batteries FREE" type sale, where the cost is LESS than purchasing a single battery!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                              Can production software be legitimately classified as a tool in this thread?
                              No. This thread is about hardware tools.
                              -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X