Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Tlaib, Omar Barred From Israel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Grandma is on her own...
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      It was never about her grandmother...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Political grandstanding is more important.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Dems are still fuming over this.
          Lately they pretty much stay enraged any way.
          Last edited by rogue06; 08-19-2019, 01:39 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            It was never about her grandmother...

As the New York Post accurately summed it up:

Source: Israel’s ban of Tlaib, Omar was a tough call — but entirely justifiable

And get this: After Bibi’s decision, Tlaib lodged a humanitarian appeal, begging to visit her 90-year-old grandmother in the West Bank. “This could be my last opportunity to see her,” pleaded Tlaib. If allowed in, she agreed “to respect any restrictions” and not “promote boycotts against Israel.”

Yet when Israel called her bluff and OK’d her trip under those terms, she declined. Is there any better proof that her trip was meant as a political stunt?

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

As the New York Post accurately summed it up:

Source: Israel’s ban of Tlaib, Omar was a tough call — but entirely justifiable

And get this: After Bibi’s decision, Tlaib lodged a humanitarian appeal, begging to visit her 90-year-old grandmother in the West Bank. “This could be my last opportunity to see her,” pleaded Tlaib. If allowed in, she agreed “to respect any restrictions” and not “promote boycotts against Israel.”

Yet when Israel called her bluff and OK’d her trip under those terms, she declined. Is there any better proof that her trip was meant as a political stunt?

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Wow, the New York Times wrote that? Maybe the quality of their reporting will improve now that they've started firing their racist and anti-Semitic editors.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Wow, the New York Times wrote that? Maybe the quality of their reporting will improve now that they've started firing their racist and anti-Semitic editors.
                New York POST

Comment

The MSM has been working overtime not noticing their anti-Semitism so that a large portion of the American public doesn't have any idea just what sort of people they are.

For instance, virtually no MSM outlet mentions troubling little details such as that the group sponsoring the trip, Miftah, has proudly praised female suicide bombers and routinely pushes the medieval blood libel (the long disproven myth that Jews ritually sacrifice Christian children at Passover in order to obtain blood for unleavened bread). While they summarily refused to meet with any Israeli leaders (not just those from the government but even from the opposition) they definitely found time to meet with the pro-terrorist group.

And you'll have to search long and hard to find a MSM source that'll mention that they listed their destination as "Palestine" not "Israel" -- a continuation of their belief that Israel has no right to exist.

As the New York Post noted:

Their itinerary itself was a blatant thumb in the eye to the Israeli government, starting with its description of the pair as a “US Congressional Delegation to Palestine”; neither Israel nor the US recognizes “Palestine.”

Or that Prime Minister Netanyahu, who received a copy of their travel plans and scheduled activities noted that
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]39129[/ATTACH]

And

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39130[/ATTACH]

So they were going there planning to violate Israeli law by promoting actions that would harm the country. And folks are surprised that they were refused entry?

And despite repeated claims in the MSM that this move is unprecedented (the left-wing magazine The Nation is calling it a "New Low"), the fact is that the Obama Administration banned a member of the Israeli Knesset (their parliament) from entering the U.S. in 2012 and in 2005 George W. Bush's Administration blocked Narendra Modi who is India's Prime Minister when he was Chief Minister of the state of Gujarat.

Instead they are working overtime trying to portray them as an innocent victims being viciously picked on because they have opposed Trump (ABC's This Week is an excellent example) leading to insanity like this from Britain's The Independent:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39131[/ATTACH]

Which conveniently overlooks things like the JFK and RFK assassinations, the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan and even more recently Steve Scalise both of who were critically shot. And how about Leo Ryan (who was assassinated after visiting Jim Jones' People's Temple in Guyana), George Moscone (shot and killed in his San Francisco office) and George Wallace (shot while campaigning for president and left paralyzed from the waist down). And that's just the ones in the U.S. that I can think of off the top of my head. Overseas folks like India's Indira Gandhi and Anwar El-Sadat come to mind and I guess we can also include Muammar Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein.
                  On CNN's Reliable Sources Bari Weiss, a New York Times staff editor in the opinion section frankly admitted that the MSM is ignoring Omar and Talib's blatant anti-Semitism. Responding to a question from host John Avlon, Weiss said:

"But another huge story, one that has not been covered by any mainstream paper or network is the fact that their trip to Israel, or as they're calling Palestine, was being sponsored by a group that literally published neo-Nazi blood libels and said that it supported female suicide bombers. You know, hailing them as heroes. That's a scandal.

If someone like Steve King was going to Sweden or Norway and eating with neo-Nazi groups, that would be front page news."

Comment

Instead they are working overtime trying to portray them as an innocent victims being viciously picked on because they have opposed Trump (ABC's This Week is an excellent example) leading to insanity like this from Britain's The Independent:
                    Did the Independent forget that England banned the radio host Mike Savage for absolutely nothing?

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...st6-story.html
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Has anybody else noticed that, except for ff early in the thread, there is not a single post by any liberal supporter of these racist women?

And I have no idea what ff was going on about.

Where is the condemnation by the left on this site for the reprehensible behaviour of these women?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        Has anybody else noticed that, except for ff early in the thread, there is not a single post by any liberal supporter of these racist women?

Where is the condemnation by the left on this site for the reprehensible behaviour of these women?
                        It's amazing that Trump has managed to get the liberals to defend this crap! Maybe our liberals haven't gotten the memo yet.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

The left is too busy condemning Trump for allegedly racist comments while circling the wagons around Omar and Talib. If they continue to defend them (Pelosi has even ridiculously proclaimed that the Democrats "have no taint of [anti-Semitism]" in their party) and refuse to denounce them then they are nothing but first class hypocrites as well as enablers.

Comment

The left is too busy condemning Trump for allegedly racist comments while circling the wagons around Omar and Talib. If they continue to defend them (Pelosi has even ridiculously proclaimed that the Democrats "have no taint of [anti-Semitism]" in their party) and refuse to denounce them then they are nothing but first class hypocrites as well as enablers.
                            I think they've already seen that racism isn't working, so they're moving on to "the economy is crashing" and doing everything they can to fulfill that prophesy.

THIS JUST IN!!! OK, NYTimes is starting a whole new round of racism stuff, maybe better the second time around!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I think they've already seen that racism isn't working, so they're moving on to "the economy is crashing" and doing everything they can to fulfill that prophesy.

THIS JUST IN!!! OK, NYTimes is starting a whole new round of racism stuff, maybe better the second time around!
                              Yup. The Russia thing didn't pan out and the racist thing has sputtered because their leading candidates are old rich whites.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                New York POST
                                Ah... oops.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment